CURRENT SITE OF THE FORMER MENKEL MONUMENT STORE
Menkel Bros. Marble and
Granite Works was located on South
Main St. (Ohio Route # 800) in Woodsfield, Ohio.
It was built in 1895 and was torn down, along with the buildings on either
side, in 1970 to build a parking lot for the bank. This is a photograph of the
way the current site appears. The Menkel Brothers Marble and Granite Works stood
approximately where the sign and flag-pole are located in the above picture.
provided by Richard Harrington -- e-mail:
Click here for the Short-Cut Table of Contents