Church & Records
Heckington Genealogy
Church & Records
Heckington Pictures
Nearby Villages
Lincs FreeREG

The Church is dedicated to Saint Andrew

Heckington is in the Lafford Deanery-see links page for details of this



A 1.5 acre cemetery and two mortuary Chapels were formed in 1880

A Church existed here in 1086  and a further Church was begun in 1101and consecrated in 1104, nothing of which survives now though.    The present building was commenced in 1345 and the Abbey of Bardney was responsible for the main part of this new Church which is built in Ancaster stone                                                                                                                                             The original living here was from tythes, consequently a Rector .was installed - until the Church was appropriated by Bardney Abbey in 1345, whereupon a Vicar took charge until the present day.                           Church records commence in 1559 and include Parish Registers and Churchwardens Accounts, also in later years the records of the administrators of the Poor Fund.    All except current registers now are held in Lincoln Records Offices                                

St John the Baptist Chapel in East Heckington was a chapel of ease for St Andrews, consecrated in 1890

The Wesleyan Methodists, the Primitive Methodists and baptists had a chapel at Heckington 

A really good site with Church Photos and descriptions of the Church