Transcribed from "An Illustrated History of The
Big Bend Country, embracing Lincoln, Douglas, Adams and Franklin counties,
State of Washington", published by Western Historical Publishing
ALBERT F. YEAGER is one of the
younger men of Douglas county that has demonstrated his worth and ability
by commendable labors. He was born in Blue Earth county, Minnesota,
on January 19, 1873, the son of Henry G. and Louisa (Koch) Yeager, natives
of Saxony, Germany, and mentioned elsewhere in this work. Albert
F. received his education in the common schools of Blue Earth county but
in 1888 came with his parents to Douglas county. He now lives about
two miles south from Buckingham on a half section of land, which he took
as a homestead, and purchased from his father. He devotes his attention
to cattle raising and farming, having in the last few years paid more attention
to the latter business. He has his place well provided with all farm
machinery necessary, buildings, and so forth, and is a successful agriculturist.
For several terms he has served as road supervisor and did very good work.
His brothers and sisters are named in another portion of this work.
At the old home place in Douglas county, on
March 17, 1895, Mr. Yeager married Mrs. Ella J. Watt, the daughter of Daniel
F. and Julia J. (Hadley) Davis, natives of Colorado and very early settlers
in Walla Walla. Mrs. Yeager was born in Colorado on June 17, 1872,
and has two brothers, Charles and William S., and one sister, Mrs. Etta
Loucks. To Mr. and Mrs. Yeager five children have been born; Gladis
M., in Bridgeport, on December 30, 1896; Albert F., Jr., at the ranch,
on October 28, 1898; Charles H., at the homestead, on September 26, 1900;
Violo E., at the ranch, on March 10, 1902; and Vera J., on February 29,
1904. By her former marriage, Mrs. Yeager has three children, Zella
M. Wyatt, born in Oregon, on December 16, 1888; Oswell Wyatt, born in Oregon,
on June 12, 1891; Buelah A., born in Oregon, October 6, 1893.
Mr. Yeager is a member of the M. W. A. and
an adherent of the old school Presbyterian church.