Transcribed from "History of North Washington, an illustrated history
of Stevens, Ferry, Okanogan and Chelan counties", published by Western
Historical Publishing Co., 1904.
FRANK M. FULTON has for nearly
twenty years been a resident of Central Washington. Although he lived
in the Methow valley previously he has since secured his present location
after an absence of several years. He is a young man of intelligence
and uprightness and has manifested himself a good substantial citizen.
Frank M. Fulton was born in Wise county, Texas,
on November 17, 1874, the son of Frank F. and Arbella (Clemens) Fulton.
The father is deceased and the mother is handling a large stock business
in Washington. In 1883 the family came to the vicinity of Ellensburg,
where young Frank completed the education that had been begun in the common
schools of Texas. When fourteen he came to the Methow valley with
his brother, Lee Fulton, and for four years labored with him in opening
up the ranch and raising stock. Then our subject returned to Ellensburg
and took up farming. Fortune favored him and he continued there in
prosperous labors until the spring of 1903, in managing his mother's estate,
when they sold out their entire holdings for ten thousand dollars and at
once returned to the Methow valley and located about three miles south
from Twisp. Mr. Fulton is expecting to devote his time and capital
to the stock business, and, judging the future from the past, we may safely
predict for him a very prosperous career.
On January 31, 1900, in Ellensburg, Washington,
Mr. Fulton married Miss Myra L. Dodge and one child has been born to them,
Frances L. Mr. and Mrs. Fulton are excellent people and the inhabitants
of the Methow valley are to be congratulated upon securing them for permanent
citizens. Mr. Fulton is a member of the M. W. A.