Please explore the articles listed below for additional information and perspectives on the Herriman Mansion Restoration Project. If you know of an article that does not yet appear here, please contact the project coordinator to see about getting it posted here.
- "Two 1861 Articles About A Social Party At Major Herriman's House In Wadena, Iowa" - The Public Review, West Union, Iowa, January 31st and February 14th, 1861
- "Man with Wadena ties hopes to save 'Herriman Mansion'" - Fayette Leader, Fayette, Iowa, September 26, 2001
- "From icon to relic to eyesore: It's time to restore Herriman mansion or tear it down" - Cedar Rapids Gazette, Dec 10, 1989
- "Hometown Wadena (reviews the history of Major Herriman and his mansion)" - Elgin Echo, January 31, 1990
- "Excerpts From Wadena 1897-1972 Anniversary Book, History of Wadena" - Assembled by the Anniversary Committee, published in the 75th anniversary book in 1972
- "Showplace in Fayette County nearly a century ago" - Waterloo Courier, 1949 or 1950
- "David B. Herriman Obituary" - Brush Creek News, Original: December 1875, Reprinted Item: December 1925
- "Hometown Wadena (We all have hopes that the Herriman house can be restored....)" - The Elgin Echo, August 15, 1990
- "Fabulous Major Founded Wadena: A 90-Year-Old Mansion Is a Monument to Colorful Career" -
The Cedar Rapids Gazette, About 1950.
- "Hometown Wadena (History of Major David B. Herriman)" - The Elgin Echo, August 1990s
- "Hometown Wadena (David Herriman as a business man)" - The Elgin Echo, August 1990s
- "Herriman Mansion is Reminder of Old Days in Fayette County" - Newspaper Unknown, about 1949
- "House Work: Iowans hope to rescue declining historic mansion" - Cedar Rapids Gazette, March 31, 2002
- "Brick by Brick: Restoring the Herriman Mansion" - The Union, August 21, 2002