M, b. 1820
|Death*||David Bowen died at probably Cincinnati, Ohio.2 |
|Birth*||1820||He was born in 1820 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.2 |
|He was the son of Mark Bowen Jr. and Clarissa Lupton.1 |
|Marriage*||4 December 1848||David Bowen married Sarah Jane Buner on 4 December 1848.2 |
M, b. 8 May 1786, d. before March 1815
|Marriage*||David Bowen married Ann (?).1 |
|Birth*||8 May 1786||David Bowen was born on 8 May 1786.1 |
|He was the son of Mark Bowen Sr. and Mary (?).1 |
|Death*||before March 1815||David Bowen died before March 1815 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
- [S38] Individual contact, Andrea Batcho e-mail 8 Nov 2006.
M, b. 1820, d. 1893
|Birth*||1820||David Bowen was born in 1820 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.2 |
|He was the son of Dan Bowen Jr. and Letitia Bennett.1 |
|Death||after 29 September 1886||David Bowen died after 29 September 1886 at Alloway, Salem Co., New Jersey.1 |
|Death*||1893||He died in 1893 at Alloway, Salem Co., New Jersey.2 |
- [S61] Newspaper notice, Death notice of James B. Bowen, Bridgeton Evening News, 29 September 1886, genealogybank.com. Article indicates James was one of four brothers along with George, Thomas, and David. David is indicated to still be living in Alloway at the time with his daugthers Mrs. William H. Hainsworth and Mrs. Wm. E. Riley.
- [S61] Newspaper notice, Bridgeton Evening News, 21 May 1896, page 2, genealogybank.com. David Bowen died in 1893 aged 73 years (Mr. Bowen was a harness maker and for several terms held the position of postmaster).
F, b. before 1729
|Marriage*||Deborah Bowen married Eldad Cook.1 |
|Birth*||before 1729||Deborah Bowen was born before 1729 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
|She was the daughter of Dan Bowen and Mary Walling.1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Cook.1 |
|Deborah Bowen was the daughter of Seth Bowen and Mary Bowen.1 |
|Death*||Deborah Bowen died at Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.1 |
|Marriage*||28 November 1787||She married Reuben Burgin on 28 November 1787 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Burgin.1 |
Doris Pauline Bowen
F, b. 15 July 1917, d. 24 January 1919
|Birth||7 June 1917||Doris Pauline Bowen was born on 7 June 1917; birth date from Overlook Cemetery records conflicts with birth record.1 |
|Birth*||15 July 1917||She was born on 15 July 1917 at 63 North St., Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.2,3 |
|She was the daughter of James Franklin Bowen and Helen Pearl Venable Woodlin.2,3 |
|Death*||24 January 1919||Doris Pauline Bowen died on 24 January 1919 at 63 North St., Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey, at age 1; Bridgeton Evening News, 25 Jan 1919, article titled [:IT:]Sad Household[:IT:]|
There is a sad household at the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Woodlin, North street. Their granddaughter, Doris Bowen, a year and a half old, died yesterday afternoon about 5 o'clock and their daughter, Mrs. Helen Woodlin, is so ill with pneumonia that she has not been told of the child's death. The father of the child, Frank Bowen has been ill and is just getting around while Woodlin is also ailing. The baby has never been well and congestion of the lungs was the cause of death.2,4
|Burial*||25 January 1919||She was buried on 25 January 1919 at Overlook Cemetery, Plot C-190, Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.2,1 |
|Note*||Died at around 18 months of age. Family verbal history is she died during the flu epidemic.5 |
- [S120] Unknown author, Overlook Cemetery, Bridgeton, cemetery markers, A letter from Overlook Cemetery in repsonse to an inquiry about her birth location in April 2012 gives Doris' date of birth as June 7, 1917 and burial location as plot C-190. A map of C-190 shows burials of Nellie T. Woodlin, Harriet and Harry L. Woodlin, Helen J. (Jean) Berg, and Doris P. Bowen.
- [S106] Death Certificate, Death certificate of Doris Pauline Bowen, New Jersey State Archives, 1919. Doris Pauline Bowen, single white female, age 1 yr 6 mo 9 days, daughter of J. Franklin Bowen and Helen V. Woodlin. Doris was born in Bridgeton, her parents both born New Jersey. Informant is Mrs. Harry Woodlin. Death took place at 63 North St., Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., NJ on 24 Jan 1919. Cause of death was grippe with bronchial pneumonia, duration on 7 days. Burial at Overlook Cemetery, Jan 25, 1919. Undertaker W. F. Garrison. Files Jan 25, 1919.
- [S107] Birth Certificate, Birth certificate of Unnamed daugher of James F. Bowen and Helen V. Woodlin, July 15, 1917. NJ Archives 1917.
- [S61] Newspaper notice, Bridgeton Evening News, 25 Jan 1919, article titled [:IT:]Sad Household[:IT:], genealogybank.com.
- [S111] Elizabeth Bowen Howey.
M, b. 23 August 1699
|Birth*||23 August 1699||Ebenezer Bowen was born on 23 August 1699 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
|He was the son of Richard Bowen and Mercy Titus.1 |
|Marriage*||17 June 1724||Ebenezer Bowen married Anne Newman on 17 June 1724 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
F, b. 1900
- [S162] Unknown author, Web Page, baconfamily.webjump.com.
M, b. 11 March 1759
Elijah (Dr) Bowen1,2,3
M, b. 4 August 1695, d. 23 September 1773
|Marriage*||Elijah (Dr) Bowen married Sarah Watson.3 |
|Birth*||4 August 1695||Elijah (Dr) Bowen was born on 4 August 1695 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.3 |
|He was the son of Samuel Bowen and Elizabeth Wood.3 |
|Marriage*||circa 1730||Elijah (Dr) Bowen married Deborah Swinney circa 1730 at Shiloh, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.3 |
|Death*||23 September 1773||Elijah (Dr) Bowen died on 23 September 1773 at Shiloh 7th Day Baptist Church, Cumberland Co., New Jersey, at age 78.3 |
- [S1] Cushing & Sheppard, History of Cos. of Glou., Salem, and Cumb. Cos., 556.
- [S3] Unknown author, NJ Genesis, Article on Hezekiah Bowen of Swansea, MA.
- [S19] e-mail address.
Elijah (Dr) Bowen1,2,3
M, b. 21 June 1743, d. 21 December 1785
|Marriage*||Elijah (Dr) Bowen married Mary Dare.3 |
|Marriage*||Elijah (Dr) Bowen married Elinor (?).3 |
|Birth*||21 June 1743||Elijah (Dr) Bowen was born on 21 June 1743 at Shiloh, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.3 |
|He was the son of Elijah (Dr) Bowen and Deborah Swinney.3 |
|Death*||21 December 1785||Elijah (Dr) Bowen died on 21 December 1785 at Stow Creek, Cumberland Co., New Jersey, at age 42.3 |
- [S11] Unknown compiler, gedcom from John Eppler(jeppler@@erols.com).
- [S1] Cushing & Sheppard, History of Cos. of Glou., Salem, and Cumb. Cos., 556
lists d.d. as 9/1783.
- [S19] e-mail address.
M, b. 6 July 1693
|Birth*||6 July 1693||Elisha Bowen was born on 6 July 1693 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
|He was the son of Joseph Bowen and Elizabeth Round.1 |
|Marriage*||16 September 1714||Elisha Bowen married Susanna Simmons on 16 September 1714 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
|Note||REF: WFT Vol 7, #143.1 |
|Note||2nd ref. lists sp. as Susannah Simon.1 |
|Note*||REF: David Bedell files.1 |