M, b. 23 September 1765, d. 9 August 1830
|Birth*||23 September 1765||Joseph Bowen was born on 23 September 1765 at Stow Creek, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
|He was the son of Joseph Bowen and Mary Bacon.1 |
|Marriage*||31 March 1796||Joseph Bowen married Phebe Ann Ayars, daughter of Joshua Ayars and Zerviah Ayars, on 31 March 1796.1 |
|Death*||9 August 1830||Joseph Bowen died on 9 August 1830 at age 64.1 |
M, b. 1755, d. 14 September 1839
|Marriage*||Joseph Bowen married Anna Reeves.1 |
|Birth*||1755||Joseph Bowen was born in 1755 at Salem Co., New Jersey.1 |
|He was the son of Joseph Bowen.1 |
|Death*||14 September 1839||Joseph Bowen died on 14 September 1839 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
M, b. 20 September 1777, d. 30 April 1839
|Birth*||20 September 1777||Joseph Bowen was born on 20 September 1777 at Salem Co., New Jersey.1 |
|He was the son of Joseph Bowen and Anna Reeves.1 |
|Marriage*||20 November 1798||Joseph Bowen married Nancy Current on 20 November 1798 at Salem Co., New Jersey.1 |
|Death*||30 April 1839||Joseph Bowen died on 30 April 1839 at Clark Co., Indiana, at age 61.1 |
M, b. circa 1724, d. after 1755
|Marriage*||Joseph Bowen married an unknown person.1 |
|Birth*||circa 1724||He was born circa 1724 at Salem Co., New Jersey.1 |
|He was the son of Samuel Bowen and Martha Dixon.1 |
|Death*||after 1755||Joseph Bowen died after 1755 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
Joseph A. Bowen1,2
M, b. 3 September 1798, d. 4 August 1866
|Birth*||3 September 1798||Joseph A. Bowen was born on 3 September 1798 at Stoe Creek, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.2 |
|He was the son of Joseph Bowen and Phebe Ann Ayars.2 |
|Marriage*||9 September 1824||Joseph A. Bowen married Mary Brooks on 9 September 1824.2 |
|Death*||4 August 1866||Joseph A. Bowen died on 4 August 1866 at Stoe Creek, Cumberland Co., New Jersey, at age 67.2 |
||Mary Brooks b. 14 September 1795, d. 4 August 1864
- [S1] Cushing & Sheppard, History of Cos. of Glou., Salem, and Cumb. Cos., 725/6.
- [S19] e-mail address.
Joseph Napoleon B. Bowen1
M, b. 18 July 1822
|Birth*||18 July 1822||Joseph Napoleon B. Bowen was born on 18 July 1822 at Clark Co., Indiana.1 |
|He was the son of Joseph Bowen and Nancy Current.1 |
|Marriage*||5 December 1844||Joseph Napoleon B. Bowen married Delila C. Norris on 5 December 1844 at Clark Co., Indiana.1 |
|Note*||REF: David Bedell files.1 |
Joshua A. Bowen1
M, b. 3 March 1813
- [S318] Unknown author, Obituary, Obituary of Florence Everingham, 11 Nov 1964, copy from Diane Brown, no source given.
- [S318] Unknown author, Obituary, Obituary of Florence Everingham, 11 Nov 1964, copy from Diane Brown, no source given. Selinsgrove Times, Selinsgrove, Snyder, PA issue dated Nov. 12, 1964.
F, b. circa 1842
- [S40] 1860 US Federal Census, Digital microfilm, Cumberland Co., Hopewell Twp., p. 625.
- [S41] 1850 US Federal Census Record, p 249A, 56/57. Thomas Bowen, 41, farmer, $2500, Susan J., 35, Letitia 8. All born NJ.
Lillian S. Bowen1
F, b. 1870, d. 1940
|Birth*||1870||Lillian S. Bowen was born in 1870 at New Jersey.1 |
|She was the daughter of Thomas H. Bowen and Missouri H. (?).1 |
|Death*||1940||Lillian S. Bowen died in 1940 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
- [S89] Unknown author, Gravestone, Observed and photographed 22 May 2005. Overlook Cemetery, Bridgeton. BOWEN Thomas H. 1846-1925; Missouri H. 1849-1932; Clinton H. 1873-1873; Mary C. 1871-1910; Lillian S. 1870-1940.
Louis Malliard Bowen1,2
M, b. circa 1838, d. 14 February 1925
|Birth*||circa 1838||Louis Malliard Bowen was born circa 1838 at New Jersey.3 |
|He was the son of James Bennett Bowen and Mary J. Wallen.3 |
|Birth||16 January 1840||Louis Malliard Bowen was born on 16 January 1840 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.4,5 |
|Birth||February 1840||He was born in February 1840 at New Jersey; He is listed as 20 years old in 1860 census.1,6 |
|Marriage*||16 November 1864||He married Jane E. Riley, daughter of (?) Riley, on 16 November 1864 at New Jersey; married 36 years in 1900.3,6,7,8 |
|Death*||14 February 1925||Louis Malliard Bowen died on 14 February 1925 at 68 Walnut St., Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.4,5 |
|Burial*||18 February 1925||He was buried on 18 February 1925 at Broad St. Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey; age 85.9 |
|Name Variation||5 July 1870|| As of 5 July 1870, Louis Malliard Bowen was also known as Lewis Bowen.3,10 |
|Occupation*||5 July 1870||He was farmer on 5 July 1870 at Hopewell Twp., Cumberland Co., New Jersey.3 |
|Occupation||4 June 1900||He was cemetery superintendent. on 4 June 1900 at Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.6,5 |
|Name Variation||4 June 1900|| As of 4 June 1900, Louis Malliard Bowen was also known as Lewis Bowen.6 |
|Event-Misc*||10 January 1908||He and Arathiene Hancock Bowen were Louis M. Bowen signs affidavit for Arathene's widows pension attesting she was married to Thomas B. Shaw. on 10 January 1908 at Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.11 |
- [S40] 1860 US Federal Census.
- [S187] Sheppard Papers;, Bowen file - source of middle name.
- [S52] 1870 US Federal Census Record.
- [S187] Sheppard Papers;, Bowen file.
- [S106] Death Certificate, Death certificate of Louis Bowen, New Jersey State Archives, 1925. Louis Bowen, widowed white male, age 85, date of birth Jan. 16, 1840. He is son of James B. Bowen and Mary Wallen. Wife's name was Jane E. Riley. Occupation retired sexton of Broad Street Cemetery. Louis was born in NJ, his parents both born New Jersey. Informant is Miss Carrie Bowen of 68 Walnut St. Death took place at 68 Walnut St., Bridgeton, Cumberland Co., NJ on 14 Feb 1925. Cause of death was angina pectoris. Place of burial not listed. Burial date Feb. 18, 1925. Filed Feb. 17, 1925.
- [S65] 1900 US Federal Census Record, CapeMay/Cumberland Co. microfilm T623/960/part2, page 98A, lines 40-43.
- [S187] Sheppard Papers;, Bowen file - exact marriage date.
- [S44] 1920 United States Federal Census, Louis M Bowen household, T625-1026, ED138 sheet 5B, Louis M. Bowen, M W, 80, widowed, caretaker at cemetery, wife Jane E., 83, daughter Caroline, 53, single. All born NJ and parents born NJ.
- [S136] Unknown author, Broad St. Presby Ch. Cemetery, via Jeanne Montana (e-mail address) from records at the Cumberland Co. Historical Society.
- [S41] 1850 US Federal Census Record, Deerfield Twp., Cumberland Co., NJ 28 Sep 1850. 104/114. James B. Bowen, 45, farmer, Mary, 46, Mary T.(?), 19, Albert, 15, Charles, 13, Lewis, 11, Arathins(?), 8, Caroline, 6. All children are attending school. All born in New Jersey. They live 12 doors down from David and Esther(Bowen) Padgett, the daughter of Daniel and Phebe (Ireland) Bowen. (via email from Jeanne Montana e-mail address).
- [S347] Civil War Pension File, Thomas B. Shaw and Arathene H. Shaw, widow, Civil War Pension Application File WC828,943; Records of the Veterans Administration, Record Group 15; National Archives, Washington, D.C.
- [S41] 1850 US Federal Census Record, Digital microfilm M432-446, p. 226B. Deerfield Twp., Cumberland Co., NJ 28 Sep 1850. 104/114. James B. Bowen, 45, farmer, Mary, 46, Mary T.(?), 19, Albert, 15, Charles, 13, Lewis, 11, Arathins(?), 8, Caroline, 6. All children are attending school. All born in New Jersey. They live 12 doors down from David and Esther(Bowen) Padgett, the daughter of Daniel and Phebe (Ireland) Bowen. (via email from Jeanne Montana e-mail address).
- [S40] 1860 US Federal Census, James B. Bowen, 54, farmer, real estate value $3500, personal property $600, Mary, wife, 55, Mary J., 29, domestic, Albert J., farm laborer, Louis M., 20, farm laborer, Catharine, 17, domestic, Caroline, 15, domestic. Digital microfilm page 593, House #1678, family#1660.
- [S52] 1870 US Federal Census Record, James Bowen, 64, farmer, real estate value $5,000, personal property value $1,000, Mary, 64, keeping house, Mary, 36, Artheen, 25, Caroline, 32, Lewis, 32, farmer, Jane, 34, keeping house, Caroline, 4. Film M593-859, frames 321A-321B, House#83, Family #82, page 11.
- [S43] 1880 US Federal Census Record, Louis M. Bowen Household. Census Place 1st Ward, Precinct 1, Bridgeton, Cumberland, New Jersey, Family History Library Film 1254775, NA Film Number T9-0775, Page Number 122B
Name Relation Marital Status Gender Race Age Birthplace Occupation Father's Birthplace Mother's Birthplace
Louis M. BOWEN Self M Male W 40 NJ Farm Laborer NJ NJ
Jane E. BOWEN Wife M Female W 43 NJ Keeping House NJ NJ
Caroline B. BOWEN Dau S Female W 13 NJ At School NJ NJ.
- [S112] Unknown record type, unknown location, unknown record info, Lewis Bowen household, 1895 NJ State Census, Bridgeton Ward 4, Cumberland County, Roll V227_62, page 11, family 83. Lewis Bowen, Jane E. Bowen, Caroline Bowen, Hannah M. Riley.
F, b. 4 November 1762
|Burial*||Lovisa Bowen was buried at Old Bowen Graveyard plowed under, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
|Death*||She died at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
|Marriage*||She married Abijah Blew Sr.1 |
|Birth*||4 November 1762||Lovisa Bowen was born on 4 November 1762 at Deerfield, Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
|She was the daughter of Mark Bowen Sr. and Mary (?).1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Blew.1 |
- [S38] Individual contact, Andrea Batcho e-mail 8 Nov 2006.
F, b. 23 April 1666, d. 25 March 1758
|Birth*||23 April 1666||Lydia Bowen was born on 23 April 1666 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
|She was the daughter of Obadiah Bowen and Mary Clifton.1 |
|Marriage*||4 September 1686||Lydia Bowen married Joseph Mason, son of Mary Butterworth, on 4 September 1686 at Rehoboth, Bristol, Massachusetts.1 |
|Death*||25 March 1758||Lydia Bowen died on 25 March 1758 at age 91.1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Mason.1 |
|Lydia Bowen was the daughter of Dan Bowen and Lydia Yapp.1 |
|Death*||Lydia Bowen died at Nauvoo, Illinois.1 |
|Marriage*||6 February 1805||She married Elijah Shaw on 6 February 1805 at Cumberland Co., New Jersey.1 |
|Married Name||Her married name was Shaw.1 |