Notice to Build a Church at Olive Branch, Union County, NC, 1858
This page created January 21, 2003
Updated Jan 28, 2006 by
Julie Hampton Ganis
MORE UNION CO., NC
HISTORY & GENEALOGY
Notice to Build a Church at
Olive Branch,
Union County, North Carolina
1858
Notice
All persons interested in building
a Church House at Olive Branch
are again requested to assemble there on
Saturday the 17th instant, when the contract
of building a Church 30 by 50 feet, 11 feet
between sill and plate, shingle roof (for
further particulars apply to any of the Committee)
will be let out to the lowest bidder.
April 5th 1858
                                    Ennis Staton
                                  E. L. Davis
                 Committee {     Henry Baucom
                                       J. E. W. Smith
                               J. L. Bost
 

A BRIEF HISTORY OF OLIVE BRANCH BAPTIST CHURCH
8804 Hwy 218, MARSHVILLE NC 28103


Located in New Salem Township, Union County, N.C..

Organized in 1858. The first building was a wooden rectangular structure.
A Bell Tower was contructed in 1910.
The present building was completed in 1926, with additional structures being added since then. 
(Sources: Heritage of Union Co, NC 1842-1992; Personal knowledge)
Subscribers to Olive Branch Baptist Church, 1860
(On Jane Murtishaw Lindsey's Website)
Olive Branch Baptist Church