Presbyterian Church - Broughton, Illinois
James and Minerva Wheeler gave property to Cumberland Presbyterian Church for sum of $1.00 on 23 September 1901.
The building sold to school district 85, July 19, 1928 for $250.00. If used for any other reason than school, will revert back to Church property.
James G. Wheeler died 1908, and his half brother contested the will re- the building. Mr. Anderson was Executor, then Dr Wheeler changed the Executor to Arthur Dawes.
(Dr. Wheeler's Will in Bob Barker's abstract)
Now the site of Bob & Geraldine Barker's home. (Contributed by Silvetta Parsons)
Same church as in top photo before it was torn down. This photo contributed by Rick Moore