YE OLE DIPPING VAT
This is a dipping vat. They called it dipping vat because they push the cattle in on the deep end and they went to the other end where it was shallow and walked out.
This was suppose to rid them of ticks and other parasites The government had these scattered around during the 1930"s and maybe the early 40"s.There used to be one just a block from our house. It was at the corner of North 9th. Street and Fort Townson Ave. on property owned at that time by Mr. S. V. Perry. A Mr. Brewer later built a house on this corner, sometime in the 50's or very early 60's.
Take that slow walk home