My SCHLOSSER SLUSHER Genealogy
1. Friedrich SCHLOSSER b circa 1605 Londorf, Germany - d on ? in Londorf - m 24 Apr 1628 Londorf to Christina SCHENCK - Christina b on ? in ? (poss Hausen, Germany?).
i. Margaretha SCHLOSSER b 21 Oct 1628 Londorf, Germany.
ii. Catharina SCHLOSSER b 28 Mar 1635 Londorf, Germany.
iii. Anna SCHLOSSER b 21 Jul 1636 Londorf, Germany.
iv. Catharina SCHLOSSER b 15 Jul 1640 Londorf, Germany
+2. b. Johann Heinrich SCHLOSSER (see below).
2. Johann Heinrich SCHLOSSER b __ ___ 1642 Londorf, Germany - confirmed in the Londorf Lutheran Church in 1656 - d 1 Mar 1680 Londorf - m 23 Jan 1662 Londorf to Anna Maria SCHAMPAR, d/o Conrad SCHAMPAR & Agnes SCHARABER - Anna b 29 Nov 1643 Londorf - d 24 Jun 1683 Londorf.
(Note dates of deaths of above - youngest children became orphants at very young ages)
i. Johannes SCHLOSSER b 15 Feb 1664 Londorf, Germany.
ii. Catharine SCHLOSSER b __ ___ 1666 Londorf, Germany - confirmed in Londorf Lutheran Church in 1680.
+3. iii. Johann Joost SCHLOSSER (see below).
iv. Johann Philipp SCHLOSSER b __ ___ 1675 Londorf, Germany - confirmed in Londorf Lutheran Church in 1689.
v. Anna Maria SCHLOSSER b 7 Mar 1680 Londorf, Germany - her father died 6 days before her birth and her mother died 3 years later.
3. Johann Joost SCHLOSSER b __ ___ 1670 Londorf, Germany - confirmed in Londorf Lutheran Church in 1684 - his father died when he was 10 and his mother died when he was 13 - d 31 Dec 1742 Hilsbach, Germany (abt 100 miles south of Londorf) - m 11 Jan 1701 Hilsbach Reformed Church to Margaretha FREY, d/o Andreas FREY and Barbara SCHMIDT - Margaretha b circa 1678 Hilsbach - d ? - Johann Joost was taxed in Hilsbach in 1721 for a house, a vineyard, four fields and three meadows.
i. Maria Elizabeth SCHLOSSER b __ ___ 1701 Hilsbach, Germany - confirmed in Hilsbach Reformed Church in 1715.
ii. Sabina SCHLOSSER b 18 Dec 1702 Hilsbach, Germany - the sponser at her Baptism was Sabina, w/o Peter GRAFEN.
iii. Leonhardt SCHLOSSER b 4 Oct 1704 Hilsbach, Germany - the sponser at his Baptism was Leonhardt HOLTZWARDT - confirmed in 1720 Hilsbach Reformed Church - d __ ___ 1756 Unionville, Whitehall Twp., Northampton/Lehigh Co., PA - his will was probated 10 Jan 1756 in Northampton Co., PA - Leonhardt and his brother Peter SCHLOSSER came to the USA arriving in Philidelphia in Sep 1732 aboard the ship "Dragon" - m abt 1738 (prob in PA) to Anna Barbara _____ - Anna b ? in ? - d after 1756 in ? - Peter and Anna were sponsers at Baptisms in the Jordan Lutheran Church, South Whitehall Twp, in 1740 and 1741 - Letters of administration (regarding his estate) were granted to his wife "Barbara" and son Peter on 10 Jan 1756 - Leonhardt and wife had 3 known children.
iv. Johannes SCHLOSSER b 16 Oct 1706 Hilsbach, Germany - Baptised Hilsbach Reformed Church - the sponser at his Baptism was Johannes MILLER.
+4. v. Peter SCHLOSSER (bee below).
vi. Anna Eva SCHLOSSER b 1 Aug 1711 Hilsbach, Germany - Baptised Hilsbach Reformed Church.
vii. Anna Maria SCHLOSSER b 6 Jan 1716 Hilsbach, Germany - Baptised Hilsbach Reformed Church - the sponser at her Baptism was Anna Maria, w/o Rudolph SPANGLER.
viii. Joh. George SCHLOSSER b 19 Feb 1718 Hilsbach, Germany - Baptised Hilsbach Reformed Church - the sponsers at his Baptism were Georg SCHECKER and his wife Anna Maria.
Note: Additional info re parents of Margaretha FREY:
Andreas FREY b ___ ___ 1650 Hilsbach, Germany.
Barbara SCHMIDT b __ ___ 1649 Hilsbach, Germany.
They were married 7 Jun 1670 Hilsbach Reformed Church.
4. Peter SCHLOSSER b 20 Jan 1709 in Germany - Baptised 25 Jan 1709 Hilsbach Reformed Church, Hilsbach, Germany - confermed 1722 Hilsbach Reformed Church - Peter and his brother, Leonhardt came from Germany by way of Rotterdam via Plymouth aboard the ship "Dragon" ariving in Philedelphia in 1732 - He took the oath of allegence to the British Crown on 30 Sep 1732 in Philedelphia - d 8 Jan 1790 Sharpsburg, Washington Co. MD - buried Old Reformed Churchyard, Sharpsburg, MD - His large tombstone still stands at the cemetery. It is written in German and is fully readable - m after 1734 PA to Maria Margaretha WASCHENBACH, d/o Rorach WASCHENBACH & Anna Maria ACHENBACH - Maria b 1713 Eichen, Germany - Bpt. 10 Dec 1713 Eichen, Germany - d on ? (sometime aft 1757) in ? (poss in PA?, MD? or VA? - bu ?.
i. Peter SCHLOSSER b abt 1736 PA - d bef 23 Oct 1834 homestead, Washington Co., MD - bu ? - will probated 23 Oct 1834 Washington Co., MD - m 4 Apr 1769 Cumberland Co., PA (m. lic. m. by Rev. John Conrad BUCHER) to Susannah REGNAS - Susannah b 28 Sep 1749 (poss Germany?) - d 30 Oct 1830 Washington Co., MD - bu "on farm by Iron Bridge, Antietam Creek" - a 2nd tombtone w/o inscription is prob that of husb Peter - They had 4 known children.
ii. John Frederick SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER b bef 24 Aug 1737 Lancaster Co., PA - Baptised 24 Aug 1737 First Reformed Church, Lancaster Co., PA - d __ Oct 1802 Amwell Twp., Washington Co., PA - bu ? - m on ? in ? to Anna Engley HUNTSIKER - Anna b abt 1740 Lancaster Co., PA - d on ? in ? - bu ? - It is belived that he may have been married more than once as various names are recorded for his wife/wives?, Namely: Ann Collica, Ann Ottila, Ann A. Galihar, Ann Angell and Emelia - Emelia SLUSHER survived John Frederick and renounced her right to administer her husband's estate to his son Christopher SLUSHER (named therein by her as "my son") on 27 Oct 1802, Washington Co., PA. - John had at least 13 known children.
iii. Anna Barbara SCHLOSSER b bef 22 Apr 1739 in ? (prob PA) - Baptised 22 Apr 1739 First Reformed Church, Lancaster Co., PA - sponsers at her Baptism were Henry BASLER and wife Anna Barbara BOEHLER - d on ? in ? bu ? - m 27 Mar 1759 Host Church Berks Co., PA (m. lic. m. by Rev. William OTTERBEIN) to Balthasar SCHALLY, s/o Johnn Ludwig SCHALLY/SHALLY & Anna Margretha WILHELM - Balthasar b __ Jun 1729 Marienthal, Pfalz, Germany - d __ Feb 1803 Lebanon Twp., Dauphin Co., PA - bu ?. - They had 1 known child, a son.
iv. Anna Christina SCHLOSSER b 12 Apr 1742 Lancaster Co., PA - Baptised 6 Jun 1742 First Reformed Church, Lancaster Co., PA - sponsers at her Baptsm were Matthew RESER and his wife Anna Christina MULLER - Anna Christina SCHLOSSER was sponser for a child of Frederick SCHLOSSER and Anna COLLICA in 1762 - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
v. Maria Barbara SCHLOSSER b 14 Jan 1745 Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 3 Feb 1745 Hill Evangelical Lutheran Church, N. Annville, PA - Sponsers at her Baptism were Peter KUCHER and his wife _____ _____ (most prob named Anna Barbara) d on ? in ? - bu ? - m on ? in ? to Dewald GIRST, s/o ? & ? - Dewald b abt 1741 in ? (poss PA?) - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
vi. George Ernst SCHLOSSER b 8 Aug 1746 Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 4 Sep 1746 Hill Evangelical Lutheran Church, N. Annville, PA - sponsers at his Baptism were George STEITZ and Margaretha MORRIN - d btwn 1820-1836 Rockingham Co., VA - d on ? in ? - bu ? - m 22 Nov 1774 in ? to Barbara HANSON - Barbara b 10 Dec 1754 in ? - d btwn 1836-1842 Rockingham Co., VA - bu ? - George apprears on the 1783 Tax lists in Washington Co., MD - on 17 Sep 1787 George and wife Barbara were sponsers at the Baptism of George, s/o Jacob and Catherine KESLER, at the Reformed Church of Hagerstown, Hagerstown, MD - living in Washington Co., MD, in 1790 - living in Rockingham Co., VA, in 1810 and 1820 - Wife Barbara's will was written on 19 Oct 1836 and gives proof that she was a widow at the time - They had 9 known children.
vii. Catherine Margaretha SCHLOSSER b 10 Jan 1748 Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 8 Feb 1748 Hill Church, N. Annvile, PA - sponsers a her Baptism were George STEITZ, his wife Barbara and Margaret MOR/MOHR - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
viii. John Heinrich SCHLOSSER b 2 Aug 1751 Burks Co. or Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 25 Sep 1751 Christ Tulpehocken Lutheran Church, Stouchburg - d 8 Sep 1805 Middletown Valley, Frederick Co., MD - bu ? Will probated on ? in Frederick Co., MD - m on ? in ? to Elizabeth C. GLUNG - Elizabeth b on ? in ? - d __ ___ 1828 in ? - bu ? - They had 8 known children.
ix. Johannes "John" SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER - b 10 Sep 1754 Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 3 Dec 1754 Hill Evanelical Luthern Church, N. Annville - sponsers at his Baptism were John and Catherine UHLER - Per his Rev. War Pension Application (#9666) filed on 8 June 1835, then a resident of Montgomery Co., VA, John enlisted in Mar 1775, at the age of 21 and then living near Hagerstown, MD., to serve in the Revolutionary War under Capt. John NELSON - he was wounded in the Battle of the Brandywine - d after Jun 1840 Montgomery Co., VA - bu ? - m bef 1779 to Christina? _____ - b on ? in ? - d on ? in ? - bu ?. - They had 6 known children.
+5. x. Christopher SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER (see below)
5. Christopher SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER b 15 Oct 1757, Lancaster Co., PA - occ: farmer and carpenter - Served in the American Revolutionary War - d 11 Dec 1845 Floyd Co., VA - bu ? - He had several hundred acres of land in Floyd C., VA, at his death and had already deeded 1080 acres of to his children before his death - m on ? in ? to Eva Jane HANCOCK - Eva b abt 1761 in ? - d on ? in ? (prob btwn 1837 & 1840 and prob in/near Floyd Co. VA?).
Note: On 8 June 1835 a written declaration in support of his brother Johannes "John" SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER's Rev. War service Pension application was filed by Christopher. In it he makes reference to his own service during the war. In June 1835, Christopher was 78 y/o and a resident of Floyd Co., VA. - Transcript as follows:
I Christopher Slusher, a citizen of Floyd County, Virginia, aged 78 years, am a brother of the applicant John Slusher, do certify that I was a soldier of the revolution, and from the best of my recollection, believed that my brother John enlisted at the same time stated in his declaration, but cannot say for what length of time, as we at the time I heard he had enlisted resided a considerable distance apart, say one hundred miles, nor were we near each other to my knowledge during the time of our servatude.
Christopher (C - His Mark) Slusher
i. Maria Margaretha SLUSHER b 1 Nov 1776 Lancaster or Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 3 Nov 1776 (Tabor) First Reformed Church, Lebanon/Lancaster Co., PA - sponsers at her Baptism were Peter and Mar. Margaretha SCHLOSSER (surely her grandparents) - d on ? in ? (poss bef 1784 PA?) - bu ?.
+6. ii. John George SLUSHER (see below)
iii. Susannah SLUSHER b abt 1780 in ? (prob PA) - d on ? in ? - bu ? - m 15 Sep 1804 (m. lic. John BAYNE, Surety) in Montgomery Co., VA, to Henry BAYNE - Henry b on ? in ? - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
iv. Christopher H. "Stuffle" SLUSHER Jr. b 14 Jun 1781 Burks Co., PA - He lived in Montgomery Co., VA, from at least Dec 1802 - he moved to Lafayette Co., MO, by wagon train in 1827 - He cut his knee while obtaining a piece of walnut for a gunstock on 15 Dec 1853. Beginning 17 Dec. his doctor visited him daily. He died from blood poisoning - d 24 Dec 1853 Lexington, Lafayette Co., MO - bu Slusher Cemetery, Lexington, MO - m(1) 25 Dec 1801 (m. lic. Samuel ROGERS, surety) in Frederick Co., VA, to Hannah Ann "Anna" MEYERS - Hannah b 28 Oct 1785 Bucks Co., PA - d 9 Sep 1837 Lexington, Lafayette Co., MO - bu Slusher Cemetery, Lexington, MO - m(2) 14 Jun 1838 Lafayette Co., MO, to Susannah "Susan" HOUCK?/HOUX?, d/o ? & ? - Susannah b 2 Jun 1800 Frederick Co., VA - d 17 Oct 1844 Lexington, Lafayette Co., MO - bu Slusher Cemetery, Lexington, MO - m(3) 18 Aug 1845 Lafayette Co., MO., to Christine/Christina NEVINS - Christine b __ ___ 1815 in ? - d __ ___ 1879 in ? - bu ?. Christoper and Hannah had 11 known children.
v. Peter SLUSHER b __ Nov 1784 Washington Co., MD - Peter's father Christopher deeded land to him on 29 Oct 1834 which consisted of 200 acres on Miry Fork in VA. Peter deeded part of this property to his daughter Mary & heirs in 1863. It consisted of 100 acres on Greasey Creek. Part of the farm that Peter had at his death was left to daughter Martha - d 12 Mar 1870 Floyd Co., VA - bu ? - m 12 Nov 1812 Montgomery Co., VA, to Celia WHITE - Celia b 7 Nov 1791 Franklin Co., VA - d 26 Nov 1858 Floyd Co., VA - bu ? - They had 4 known children.
vi. Elizabeth SLUSHER b 14 Jan 1787 Washington Co., MD - d 11 Nov 1869 Floyd Co., VA - bu Goodykuntz Cemetery, Floyd Co., VA - m 6 Mar 1804 Montgomery Co., VA, to Solomon HARMON, s/o Mathias and Elizabeth HARMON - Solomon b 24 Oct 1779 in ? - d 17 Jun 1842 in ? - bu Goodykuntz Cemetery, Floyd Co., VA - They had 9 known children.
vii. Barbara Hancock SLUSHER b 14 Jan 1789 MD - lived in the eastern portion of Grayson Co., which was later formed into Carroll Co., VA - d 2 Jun 1856 Carroll Co., VA - bu Turman Cemetery, Carroll Co., VA - m 20 Aug 1812 (m. lic. Christopher SLUSHER, surety) in Carroll Co., VA, to Elijah TURMAN, s/o Charles TURMAN and Lucy HYLTON - Elijah b 28 Apr 1790 VA - d 9 Nov 1868 Carroll Co., VA - bu Turman Cemetery, Carroll Co., VA - They had 9 known chidren.
viii. David SLUSHER b 6 Sep 1790 Washington Co., MD - occ: farmer - d 6 Apr 1840 Floyd Co., VA - bu Goodykuntz Cemetery, Floyd Co., VA - m circa 1811 Montgomery Co., VA, to Nancy COX, d/o Carter and Ann COX - Nancy b 7 Aug 1794 Montgomery Co., VA - d 26 Jun 1880 Floyd Co., VA - bu Goodykuntz Cemetery, Floyd Co., VA - They had 10 known children - After David's death, Nancy m 9 Mar 1853 Floyd Co., VA, to Loche "Luke" COX, s/o Ambrose COX & ? - "Luke" b __ ___ 1792 in ? - d __ ___ 1862 in ? - bu ? - "Luke" prev m on ? in ? to Sarah WORRELL.
ix. Susan Catherine "Caty" SLUSHER b 26 Jul 1792 MD - she was a resident of Floyd, Co, VA - d 11 Dec 1880 Floyd Co., VA - bu Simmons Cemetery on West Fork of New River (Floyd Co., VA?) - m 9 Apr 1815 (m. lic. Christopher SLUSHER, surety) in Montgomery Co., VA, to Cary SIMMONS - Cary b 11 Apr 1793 VA - d 5 Jan 1868 Floyd Co., VA - bu same cemetery - They had 8 known children.
x. Solomon H. SLUSHER b 27 Apr 1796 VA - Living Floyd Co., VA, in 1850/60/70 - occ (1850/60): Farmer - occ (1870): Miller - occ (per SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER book): grocer - Solomon served as a private in the 4th Regiment (Ballowe's) Virginia Miltia buring the War of 1812 - d 2 Jun 1878 Floyd Co., VA - bu Troy WOOLUMS farm near Mira Fork Grocery, Floyd Co., VA - m 2 Jan 1816 (m. lic. Wiliam REED, surety) in Montgomery Co., VA, to Permelia/Permilia "Milly" E. REED, d/o William REED & Sarah DULANEY - Permelia b 16 Jun 1793 Montgomery Co. VA - d 9 Mar 1878 Floyd Co., VA - bu same - They had 8 known children.
NOTE (SPECULATION ONLY): Soloman's middle name poss HANCOCK?
xi. Jacob SLUSHER b 2 Sep 1797 Frederick Co., VA - d 3 Oct 1871 Floyd Co., VA - his will was probated 10 Oct 1871 Floyd Co., VA - bu Jacob Slusher Cemetery, located 4 miles west of the Floyd Court House on the farm of George L. SLUSHER, Floyd Co., VA - m 5 Nov 1818 (m. lic dtd 3 Nov 1818) in Floyd Co., VA, to Taletha/Telitha "Telithe" HYLTON, d/o John Bryant HYLTON and Nancy HOWELL - Telitha b 8 Feb 1800 Montgomery Co., VA - d 26 Mar 1875 Floyd Co., VA - bu same cemetery - They had 7 known children.
xii. Stephen SLUSHER b circa 1799/1800 Frederick Co., VA - d 10 Dec 1865 North Salem, Hendricks Co., IN - bu ? - m 30 Dec 1824 Montgomery Co., VA, to Charlotte HYLTON, d/o Archelous HYLTON and Katherine WEDDLE - Charlotte b 19 May 1804 Montgomery Co., VA - d __ ___ 1894 Floyd Co., VA - bu Harris Cemetery, Burksfork, Floyd Co., VA - They had 7 known children - After Stephen died, Charlotte m on ? in Indiana to Jackson "Jack" HARRIS in IN and they moved back to Floyd Co., VA - Jackson b on ? in ? - d on ? in ? - bu ? //Harris Cemetery?//.
xiii. Mary Ann SLUSHER b 26 Apr 1803 Montgomery?/Floyd? Co., VA - d 7 Jul 1888 Floyd Co., VA - bu ? - m 4 Mar 1823 Montgomery Co., VA, to Burwell HYLTON, s/o John Bryant HYLTON and Nancy HOWELL - Burwell b 28 Dec 1801 Floyd Co, VA - d 30 Aug 1883 Floyd Co., VA - They had 15 known chldren. 10 of their sons fought in the Civil war. Nine of those sons were wounded, captured or killed in the Cvil War.
6. John George "George" SLUSHER b 6 May 1778 Lancaster or Lebanon Co., PA - Baptised 28 May 1778 (Tabor) First Reformed Church,Lancaster/Lebanon Co., PA - Sponser at his Baptism was D. George Kop - Blvd to have been living in Frederick Co., VA, at least in 1807 - Living Senandoah Co., VA, at least in 1813 - d before 10 Aug 1821 (very prob Shenandoah or Page Co., VA) - m (prob circa 1795 and prob in MD? or VA?) to Mary Ann BROOKHOFFER, d/o Jacob BROOKHOFFER - Mary Ann b (poss as early as 1768) in MD - d __ June 1856 Cedar Grove, Page Co., VA - bu ? - John George is known to have died prior to his father, Christopher, who died in 1845 - Several of John George's offspring sold land in Page Co., VA, that they had inheirated from their father, with the earliest sales transaction noted being on 28 Mar 1829, John George SLUSHER surely died before that date (prob as many as several years before that) - The 1833 sale of land by son, George B. SLUSHER, states that the tract of land (Lot No. 3 ... containing thirty nine and a half Acres) on the West side of the little Hawksbill Creek (Page Co., VA) was assigned to (inherited by) George B. SLUSHER on 10 Aug 1821 which indicates that his father, John George SLUSHER, had died before that date - John George SLUSHER's widow, Mary Ann, was living with her son, George B. SLUSHER, in 1840 and 1850 in Page Co., VA.
NOTE: Shenandoah & Page Co., VA, Land Deed transcripts regarding John George SLUSHER and many of his children at URL:
NOTE: John George SLUSHER & Many Ann BROOKHOFFER are suspected to have had as many as 9 chidren (4 sons & 5 daughters). Only 7 (3 sons & 4 daughters) have been identified.
i. Asahel SLUSHER b in 1790's VA - occ: farmer - Asahel was involved in a Page Co., VA, Coroners Inquest on 29 Oct 1835 regarding the death of Benjamin MILLER - Both Asahel and brother, George B. SLUSHER, were involved in the 22 Mar 1843 Page Co. Coroners Inquest regarding the death of Samuel INGAL - Asahel d __ Feb 1850 of heart disease in Page Co., VA - bu ? - m 12 Oct 1818 Shenandoah Co., VA, to Mary MAUCK, d/o Abraham MAUCK and Mary BEAVER - Mary MAUCK b 3 Apr 1796 Shenandoah Co., VA - d 8 Aug 1872 Hancock Co., IL - bu ? - shortly after Asahel's death in 1850, his widow, Mary, and all of her surviving children, but the eldest, Hezekiah SLUSHER (who remained in VA), moved to Hancock County, IL, where most of the children married and had families - They had at least 12 children.
Note: For descendants of Asahel SLUSHER see:
ii. Artimessia "Artimissie/Artimissy" SLUSHER b 13 Jul 1805 (prob in VA) - on 28 Mar 1829, she and her husband, George "MUMAW" sold 51 acres of land in Shenandoah Co., VA, for $225 a "tract" to Abraham HOLLINGSWORTH - this was land that had been previously assigned to her as heir of George SCHLOSSER/SLUSHER - she d 7 Jun 1848 Shenandoah Co, VA - bu ? - m 1 Oct 1826 Shenandoah Co., to George MUMA/MUMAW/MEWMAW, s/o David MUMA and Barbara _____ - George b abt 1800 in ? - d ? - They had 4 known children - after her death, George m 4 Dec 1849 Page Co., VA, to Ellen BEAZLEY - Ellen b abt 1816 in ?.
+7. iii. Alfred SLUSHER (see below)
iv. Amelia SLUSHER b 6 Apr 1813 Shenandoah Co., VA - On 2 May 1835 she and her husband, Joseph "MEWMAW", then of Page Co., VA, sold 49 1/2 acres of land at $180 a "tract" to David Hay. This land was assigned to her as her portion of lands which she recived after her father's death - she d 3 Apr 1849 Adams Co., IL - bu ? - m 24 Jun 1833 Page Co., VA to Joseph MEWMAW/MUMA, s/o David MUMA and Barbara _____ - Joseph b 2 Jul 1808 Shenandoah Co., VA - d 25 Feb 1875 Adams Co., IL - bu "at home, Rock House on Possom Holler Road" - Joseph & Amelia had 8 known children - Joseph m(2) 4 Feb 1850 Adams Co., IL, to Elizabeth A. C. PIER, d/o ? & ? - Elizabeth b on ? in ? - d 3 Sep 1861 Adams Co., IL - bu ? - Joseph m(3) 29 May 1862 Adams Co., IL, to Hannah J. GEORGE - Hannah b on ? in ? - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
v. Mary Ann SLUSHER b abt 1814 VA (prob in/near Shenandoah or Page Co.?) - d __ Jul 1902 at age stated as 88 years, 7 months & 13 days "County Farm", Crawford Co, IL - She was an "inmate" of "County House" - bu __ Jul 1902 "Farm Cemetery" - She, husb and children were living OH in abt 1844 - Moved to IL by 1849 and living in Crawford Co, IL by 1850 - she was w/o husband in the 1860/70/80 census' of Crawford Vo., IL - m 3 Sep 1839 Page Co., VA, to John A SMITH - John b abt 1814 VA (age 36 in 1850 census) - occ: farmer - d __ Jan 1860 at the age of 45 Township #6, Crawford Co., IL - bu ? - They had 4 known children.
NOTE: A copy of the Crawford Co., IL, "Register of Deaths" ledger page (#236) reads that Mary died on "12" Jul 1902 and was buried on "11" Jul 1902. Obviously an error in these records.
vi. George Brookhoffer SLUSHER b abt 1808 VA (prob in/near Shenandoah or Page Co.?) - occ: millwright - lived Page Co., VA, in 1840/50/60/70 - his widowed mother, Mary Ann (BROOKHOFFER) SLUSHER, was residing in his household in 1840 and 1850 - he was infomant on her Page Co., VA, record of death - George d 4 Sep 1888 Luray, Page Co., VA - m(1) 17 Jul 1837 Page Co., VA, to Anna STRICKLER, d/o ? and ? - Anna b 1 Mar 1813 VA - d 13 Jun 1838 Page Co., VA - bu Abraham Strikler Cemetery, Luray, Page Co., VA - she and George had 1 known child - George m(2) 9 Nov 1840 Page Co., VA, to Susan HALTERMAN, d/o Henry HALTERMAN and Margaret T. "Polly" PANGER/PANGLE - Susan b __ ___ 1812 Page Co., VA - d 15 Dec 1881 of cancer Luray, Page Co. VA - bu ? - Susan and George had 4 known children.
NOTE: For descendants of George Brookhoffer SLUSHER see:
vii. Mahala SLUSHER b on ? in ? (prob VA) - d on ? in ? - bu ? - In 1833 Mahala sold the Page Co., VA, land that she had inherited from her father (see below) - Mahala is blvd to surely be the Mahala SLUSHER who m William MARSHALL in 1839 in Page Co., VA.
NOTE: Mahala SLUSHER is found in the Page Co., VA, Deed Book A, page 352, in 1833, where she was selling a tract of land that had been George SLUSHER Sr's and had been previously deeded to her. Info from Will Book as follows:
Page County, Virginia
Deed Bk A, p. 353 - 25 May 1833
Between Malaha Slusher of County of Page (to) John Reedy of County aforesaid ... consideration of Two hundred and twenty five dollars ... Tract of land lying in the County of Page ... the same land that was deeded to her by the Commissioners appointed to divide the tract of land of George Slusher Sr. dec'd. it being Lot No. 1 ... in a line of land of the heirs of John Koontz dec'd ... in Peter Hay's line ... containing fourty nine and a half acres ...
Recorded: 27 May 1833
NOTE: A Mahala SLUSHER was m in 1839 in Page Co. VA, to William MARSHALL - Bondsman was an Alfred SLUSHER who is strongly believed to be John George SLUSHER"S son Alfred (#7. iii. above & below). John George is known to have died before 10 Aug 1821. This Mahala SLUSHER is suspected to be John George SLUSHER's daughter and the Bondsman at her 1839 Page Co., VA, marriage to be her brother Alfred SLUSHER.
7. Alfred SLUSHER b 17 Apr 1807 Frederick Co., VA - Living in Hardy Co., VA/WVA, in at least 1840 & 1850 and through at least Apr 1856 - Living Middlefork Twp., Vermilion Co., IL, by 1860 - Living in Vermilion Co., IL, through at least Feb 1863 - Returned to Hardy Co., WVA, by Feb 1870 - Moved to Ford Co., IL, sometime aft the 1870 census - occ: carpenter/farmer - d 10 Sep 1875 "College Hill", in/near Paxton, Ford Co., IlL, from the results of injuries received when a train hit his horse and buggy on 7 Sep 1875 at the Ottowa Street RR crossing in Paxton, IL - bu ? - Lived in Moorefield, Hardy Co, VA/WVA from sometime before Jul 1838 until at least Apr 1856 - Sometime between Apr 1856 and 1860, Afred, wife and children (w/the exception of eldest son George) moved to Vermilion Co., IL - Sometime between his 1st wife Nancy's death in Sep 1862 and 1870, he returned to Hardy Co., VA/WVA, where he was then living with his 2nd wife Mary Jane - by Sep 1875, he had returned to IL, living on "College Hill", in/near Paxton in Ford County - m (1) 27 Sep 1837 (most prob in either Pendleton or Hardy Co., VA.WVA) to Nancy Ann SKIDMORE, d/o Andrew SKIDMORE and Elizabeth Taylor STONESTREET - Nancy b 15 Nov 1813 Pendleton Co., VA/WVA - d 18 Sep, 1862 Bluegrass, Vermilion Co., IL - bu Ingersoll Cemetery, Potomac, Vermilion Co. IL - m(2) 10 Feb 1870 Hardy Co., WVA to Mary Jane (nee BROOKS) GILLIAM, d/o James BROOKS & Matilda _____ - Mary was prev married to a _____ GILLIAM - Mary b 24 Jan 1821 VA - Widowed or divorced fm Mr. GILLAIM & living with her parents in Moorefield/Morefield P. O., Hardy Co., VA/WVA, in 1850 & 1860 - d sometime aft 21 Jan 1878 in ? (
NOTE: For additional infomation on Alfred SLUSHER, his chidren & descendants, see:
NOTE: For info regarding parents & siblings of Nacny Ann SKIDMORE, see:
Children of Alfred and Nancy:
+8. i. George William SLUSHER (see below).
ii. Phillip Andrew SLUSHER b 11 Jan 1841 Moorefield, Hardy Co., VA/WVA - d 13 Sep 1841 (prob same) - bu ?.
iii. Alfred Elijah SLUSHER b 18 Aug 1842 Moorefield, Hardy Co., VA (now WVA) - occ: carpenter & farmer - d (at his own hands - O/D of medication) 10 Sep 1894 Kingfisher Co., OK - Alfred Elijah came to Vermilion Co., IL, as a child with his parents sometime btwn 1856 & 1860 - In Dec 1863, then a resident of Ash Grove, IL, he enlisted in the Union Army in E. Company, Illinois 51st Vol. Infantry and served in the Civil War - He was captured by Confederate forces in Franklin, TN, sent to Andersonville Prison and held captive there the last five months of the war - He married on 25 Aug 1867 Robinson, Crawford Co., IL, to Elizabeth "Eliza" Jane KELLOGG - They moved to Blanchester, Clinton Co.,OH, abt 1867/68 and lived near his older brother, George - Alfred Elijah, his wife and Ohio born children moved to Kiowa Co., KS, by 1884 - He was left paralized by the 2nd of two strokes he suffered in 1887 - By the opening of the Cherokee Strip in Sep 1893 , they had moved to Oklahoma Territory - His wife Eliza and daughter, Ida May SLUSHER, were both in the Cherokee Strip Land Run and claimed land - Both are named on the "Homesteader Memorial" in Medford, OK - Eliza claimed land for thier homestead in what was to become Kingfisher Co., OK - Elizabeth "Eliza" Jane KELLOGG was the d/o Isaac W. KELLOGG and Mary Elizabeth Jane WOOD - "Eliza" b 20 Jul 1851 Crawford Co. IL - d 20 Feb 1946 Enid, Garfield Co., OK - Both Alfred Elijah and Eliza are buried in Kingfisher Cemetery, Kingfisher Co., OK - They had 8 known children.
NOTE: For descendants of Alfred Elijah SLUSHER see:
iv. James Loche SLUSHER b 14 Oct 1845 Moorefield, Hardy Co. VA/WVA - occ: postmaster Mason, WVA - d 17 Jun 1924 Elk Horn, Grant Co., WVA - m 16 Feb 1881 (m. lic. by Rev. A. M. CACKLEY) in Grant Co., WVA, to Anna Pheobe SITES, d/o Joel SITES and Lydia GETZ - Anna b 14 Jan 1857 Hardy Co., VA/WVA - Chr 2 Mar 1857 by Rev. Martin LANDHOUS in ?, VA/WVA - occ: also served as postmaster - d 14 Dec 1923 WVA - both bu Elk Horn Cemetery (owned by Luitheran Church at Masonville, Grant Co., WVA). They had 1 known son and a female "cousin" whom they raised.
v. Mary Elizabeth SLUSHER b 18 Nov 1848 Moorefield, Hardy Co., VA/WVA - d 29 Jun 1917 in ? - bu ? - m(1) __ Sep 1876 (prob in IL) to George Payton WEST - George b abt 1844/1848 in ? - abt 1887 (prob in IL) - Lived in Champaign Co., IL, in late 1870's - d on ? in ? - bu ? - They had 3 known children - Mary m(2) on ? in ? to Daniel PHELPS - Daniel b on ? in ? - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
vi. Susan Rebecca SLUSHER b 19 Dec 1851 Moorefield Hardy Co., VA/WVA - d 2 Feb 1907 (prob Pendleton Co., VA) - bu ? - m 14 Nov 1878 (prob WVA) to Elijah COWGER, s/o George COWGER and Elizabeth JUDY - Elijah b 20 Jan 1837 Fort Seybert, Pendleton Co, VA/WVA - d 15 Jul 1913 Fort Seybert, WVA - bu ? - They had 2 known children.
vii. Amelia Ellen SLUSHER b 8 Apr 1856 Moorefield, Hardy Co., VA/WVA - d 22 Feb 1863 Vermilion Co., IL - bu Ingersoll Cemetery, Potomac, Vermilion Co., IL.
NOTE: For descendants of above James, Mary and Susan, see:
Daughter of _____ GILLIAM & Mary Jane BROOKS:
i. Ann Rebecca GILLIAM b abt 1845 VA (age 5 in 1850 census & age 15 in 1860 census) - d on ? in ? - bu ?.
8. George William SLUSHER b 2 Jul 1838 Moorefield, Hardy Co., VA/WVA - occ: carpenter - d 15 Nov 1908 (prob in/near Clinton or Fayette Co, OH) - bu Sect 5, Lot 3, IIOF Cemetery, Blanchester, Clinton Co., OH - He, his wife and newborn son, Enoch, were living with her parents in Pendleton Co., VA, in 1860 - George was 1st "drafted against his will" into service with the Confederate cause - He deserted after six months and then joined the Union Army near Moorefield VA (now WVA). He was an independent scout under Col. Durfey - In Sept 1862 he was captired near Petersburg, VA, while inside rebel lines - He was taken to Stanton, VA, and imprisoned in the third story of the court house, awaiting court-martial as a spy. He escaped within two weeks - about nine months later, he went to Greene Co., OH, where his family had moved - Wife and by then 2 young sons, Enoch and George, had moved to Ohio sometime after 4 Mar 1863 (prob w/her parents) and during George's Civil War service - They bought land and moved to Farmers Station, Marion Twp, Clinton Co., OH, and to Blancester, Clinton Co., OH by 1865 and were living Blanchester through at least 1880 - His wife's mother was residing in their Clinton County households in 1870 and 1880 - George & family moved to Fayette Co., OH, by 1894 -m 7 Sep 1858 Pendleton Co., VA/WVA, to Susan Catherine JUDY, d/o Adam JUDY and Mary KIMBLE - Susan b 23 Jul 1841 Pendleton Co., OH - d 2 Apr 1934 Washington Court House, Fayette County, OH - bu 15 Apr 1934 Sec 3, Lot 39, Washington Cemetery, Washington Court House, Fayette Co., OH - She is buried next to her eldest son Enoch and shares a "Mother - Son " tombstone with him - George and Susan were divorced in Fayette Co., OH, on.abt 30 Apr 1894 (Fayette Co., OH, Court of Common Pleas, No. 11096) - In 1900, Susan was living with her daughter, Virginia Rosetta (SLUSHER) CARSON in Fayette Co., OH - In 1910, Susan was living alone in Fayette County - George m(2) 30 Aug 1894 Fayette Co., OH, to Abbie A. STROUP, d/o ? & ? - Abbie b ? - d ?.
NOTE: It is suspected that "STROUP" may well not be Abbie's maiden name but a name from a previous marriage(?). George was 56 y/o and just recently divorced from Susan when he and Abbie married. It is thus suspected that she may have been previously married as well.
NOTE: Will of Susan Catherine (JUDY) SLUSHER can be found at:
NOTE: For infomation on the JUDY ancestors & relatives of Susan Catherine JUDY, see:
+9. i. Enoch Webster SLUSHER (see below)
ii. George Washington SLUSHER b 4 Mar 1863 Pendleton Co., VA/WVA - occ: farmer/nurseryman - d 31 Mar 1942 Silvercreek Twp, Greene Co., OH - bu 2 Apr 1942 Sec O, Silvercreek Cemetery, Jamestown, Silvercreek Twp., Greene Co., OH - m 28 Nov 1894 Fayette Co., OH, to Mary Amanda "Molle" LeVECK, d/o George LeVECK and Mary Amanda WATSON - "Mollie" b 20 Jun 1874 near Jamestown, Greene Co., OH - d 7 Sep 1961 Jamestown Nursing Home, Jamestown, Greene Co., OH - bu 9 Sep 1961 Sec O, same Cemetery - Children; Lawrence Earl SLUSHER (b 30 Aug 1895), Ulysses Stanley SLUSHER (b 6 Jun 1897) and Paul McKinley SLUSHER (b 29 May 1899).
NOTE: For descendants of George Washigton SLUSHER see:
iii. Virginia Rosetta "Rose" "Rosa" SLUSHER b 28 Oct 1865 Blanchester, Clinton Co., OH - d 2 Jan 1929 Greenfield Hospital, Greenefield, Highland Co., OH - Res: Leesburg R.R. 2 - cause of death: liver cancer - bu: 5 JaN 1929 Washington Cemetery, Washington Court House, Fayette Co. OH - m 9 Feb 1887 Blanchester, Clinton Co., OH, to Joshusa McClellon CARSON, s/o Ambrose McCord CARSON and Nancy Inlow TUDOR - Joshua b 29 May 1861 Perry Twp., Fayette Co., OH - occ: farmer - d 28 Apr 1943 Perry Twp, Fayette Co., OH - cause of death: cebral hemorhage - bu: 30 Apr 1943 Washington Cemetery, Washington Court House, Fayette Co., OH - Joshua m(2) 23 Oct 1930 in ? to Sallie HAINES, d/o ? and ? - Sallie b 11 May 1859 in ? - Sallie prev m to _____ BLACK - Son of Virginia and Joshua: Elby Asbury CARSON (b 24 Dec 1887).
iv. Melcena Maude SLUSHER b 9 Nov 1875 Blanchester, Clinton Co., OH - d 18 Dec 1961 at her home, 410 E. Paint St., Washington Court House, Fayette Co., OH - bu 20 Dec 1961 Washington Cemetery, Washington Court House, OH - m 9 Feb 1898 (prob OH) to James Lester DODD, s/o Shelton DODD & Mary L. TINSLEY - James b 7 Nov 1875 Rockbridge Co., VA - d 17 Dec 1965 Memorial Hospital, Washington Court House, OH - res: 130 Gadnrer Ct., Washington Court House, OH - bu 20 Dec 1965 same - Dau: Norma Catherine DODD (b 19 Oct 1902 Jamestown,, Greene Co., OH)
v. Dessie Grace SLUSHER b 26 Jun 1880 Blanchester, Clinton Co., OH - d 18 Oct 1962 410 Lewis St., Washington Court House, Fayette Co., OH - res: Jamestown RR 1, Fayette Co., OH - bu 21 Oct 1962 Silvercreek Cemetery, Jamestown, Silvercreek Twp, Greene Co., OH - m 24 Oct 1896 New Martinsburg, Fayette Co., OH, to Oscar GLASS, s/o James GLASS and Lottie STEWART - Oscar b 27 Dec 1871 Fayette Co., OH - occ: farmer - d 1 Nov 1958 Jamestown RR 1, Fayette Co., OH - bu 3 Nov 1958 same same cemetery- Children: Harold Ray GLASS (b 20 Apr 1898) and Goldie May GLASS (b 20 Jun 1901).
9. Enoch Webster SLUSHER b 20 Nov 1860 VA/WVA (prob Pendleton Co.) - occ: Farmer/Laborer - Enoch and his younger brother, George Washington SLUSHER, were brought to Ohio by their mother during the Civil War. Their father later joined the family - Enoch joined the "M.E." Church in Blanchester, Clinton Co., OH, at age 19 (abt 1879) - He returned to WVA at age 22 (abt 1884) and remained there about 4 years, returning to OH abt 1888 where he then had a farm (poss in Perry Township, Fayette Co., OH, where his son Otis was born) - In 1900, Enoch & family were living in New Martinsburg, Fayette Co., OH - Sometime before 1908, they moved to Columbus, Franklin Co., OH - He lived in Columbus, OH, until about Aug 1912, when he moved in with hs sister, Melcena and her husband, in Washington Court House, OH - Enoch d 22 Feb 1914 Washington Court House, Fayette Co, OH - cause of death: stomach cancer - bu 24 Feb 1914 Sec 3 Lot 39, Washington Cemetery, Washington Court House, OH - His mother, Susan Catherine (JUDY) SLUSHER, who d in 1934, was buried next to him and the two of them share a "Mother-Son" tombstone - m 23 Sep 1890 (prob Clinton? Fayette? Co., OH area) to Hester "Esther" Ann LARKIN(S), d/o John H. LARKIN(S) and Nancy "Mary" M PARSON?/PEARSON? - Hester b 23 Jul 1873 Washington Twp.,, Hardin Co., OH - At the time of her birth, her parents were residents of Cessna Twp, Hardin Co., OH - d 13 May 1923 White Cross Hospital, Columbus, Franklin Co., OH - cause of death: (unreadable) - bu 16 May 1923 Lot 1023, Sec "1917 addition", "Old" Union Cemetery, Columbus, OH - she is buried next to daughter Mable in plots that were purchased by son Asa - Enoch and Esther divorced in March 1913, Common Pleas Court, Columbus, Franklin Co., Ohio. Notice of granting of the divorce was published in the Monday, March 24, 1913, edition of the Columbus Evening Dispatch, on pg 8. Esther A. SLUSHER vs Enoch W. SLUSHER; intemperance.
NOTE: On Hester's "Esther's" 23 Jul 1873 Hardin Co., OH, record of birth she is named as Hester LARKINS and her parents are named as John H. LARKINS and Nancy M. PARSON - On her 16 Mar 1923 Columbus, OH, death certificate (on which the infomant was her daughter, Mrs. C. B. (Ella Mable) PERFECT), she was named as Esther LARKIN and her parents as John H. LARKIN and Mary M. PEARSON. It is not known if her maidens name was LARKIN? or LARKINS? Blv that the names LARKIN & LARKINS are interchanagable, sometimes spelled w/an "S", sometimes not. Her mother's has been seen as both Nancy & Mary, w/maiden name as both PARSON & PEARSON.
For infomation re Esther LARKIN(S) parents, sibings and other LARKIN/LARKINS relatives, see:
For more detailed information re the descendents of Enoch Webster SLUSHE and his son, Otis Webster SLUSHER Sr. (the only child of Enoch & Esther known to have had any children) see:
i. Ella Mable SLUSHER b 2 Oct 1891 OH - d 22 Aug 1981 St. John's Hospital, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH - cause of death: Cardio Respritory Failure - bu 25 AUg 1981 Lot 1023, Sec "1917 addition", "Old" Union Cemetery, Columbus, Franklin Co., OH - she is bu next to her mother, Esther Ann (LARKIN) SLUSHER - Ella m(1) 14 Feb 1915 in ? to Carter Burton PERFECT, s/o Burton Emory PERFECT and Maude CARTER - Carter b 16 Jan 1896 OH (poss Delaware Co.) - occ: Ret. inspector, Timkens Roller Bearing Company - d 2 Jan 1959 Doctors Hospital, Columbus, OH - bu 5 Jan 1959 Forest Lawn Cemetery, Columbus, OH - m(2) on ? in ? to James BURT , s/o ? and ? - James b ? - d bef Aug 1981 in ? - bu ? - Her 1981 d/c identifies her as "widowed" - Her name is spelled as Mable on her d/c and as Mabel on her tombstone - She had no known children by either husband.
+10. ii. Otis Webster SLUSHER (Sr.) (see below)
iii. Asa Enoch SLUSHER b 15 Nov 1908 Columbus, Franklin Co., OH - occ: industrial engineer - Asa was a native of Columbus, OH, and active in several Mason organizations in Columbus. He moved to Florida abt 1978 - d 20 Oct 1988 Hanes City, Polk Co., Fl - res: 27 Juniper Drive, Davenport, Polk Co, FL - bu 22 Oct 1988 "new secton", Block I, Space 7, Forrest Hill Cemetery, Haines City, FL - m 26 Oct 1946 Cuyahoga Co., OH to Esta STARCHER - Esta b on ? in ? - living in Davenport, FL, in 1998.
iv. William SLUSHER b ? - d ? - died as an infant.
10. Otis Webster SLUSHER (Sr.) b 29 Aug 1894 Perry Township, Fayette Co., OH - occ: printer - d 23 Oct 1979 St John's Hospital, Cleveland, OH - was living w/daughter Ida at 1341 W. 111th St., Cleveland, at time of death - bu 26 May 1979 Hillcrest Memorial Park Cemetery, Bedford Hts, Cuyahoga Co., OH - m(1) on ? in ? to ? - divorced 1919 in Columbus, OH - m(2) 21 Feb 1925 Grace Congressional Church, W 65th Street, Cleveland, OH, to Esther Anna COLLINS, d/o George B. COLLINS and Idaho/Idahoe/Idalou "Ida" (nee COLLINS) COLLINS - Esther b 19 Dec 1906 at 25 McArthur St. Cleveland OH - d 17 Sep 1987 at the home of her son Robert, in Cleveland, OH - bu 21 Sep 1987 Hillcrest Memorial Park Cemetery.
i. Ida Esther SLUSHER b 29 Jun 1926 Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH - d 13 Aug 1987 at her home, Cleveland, OH - bu Hillcrest Cemetery, Bedford Hts., Cuyahoga Co., OH - m 5 Jul 1944 Vanceburg, Lewis Co. KY, to James "Jimmy" William STANDER, s/o William John STANDER and Anna Belle REEVES - James b 18 Jul 1921 Camp Dix, Lewis Co., KY - _ Jan 2000 Bucyrus, Crawford Co., OH - Ida and James had 3 children.
+11. ii. Otis Webster SLUSHER Jr. (see below)
iii. Donald Burton SLUSHER b 14 Aug 1929 Cleveland, Cuyhaoga Co., OH - d 27 May 2001 Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH - bu 31 May 2001 Hillcrest Memorial Park, Bedford Heights, Cuyahoga Co., OH - m 14 Dec 1947 _____, Cuyahoga Co., OH, to Helen Pauline "Peany" BALLESTERO, d/o Michael BALLESTERO & Lillie MORRISON - Helen b 3 Aug 1930 Baltimore, MD - Helen living in Cleveland, OH, in 2005. Donaland & Helen had 6 children.
iv. George William SLUSHER b 24 Nov 1931 Covington, Kenton Co., KY - he served in Korea in the Korean War - m 23 Feb 1952 Covington, KY, to Florence VOGEL, d/o Joseph VOGEL and Gladys _____ - Florence b ? in ? - George and Florence had 4 children.
v. Robert "Bob" John SLUSHER b 30 Jun 1934 Ludlow, Kenton Co., KY - occ: machinest - served from 1 Aug 1951 to 29 Jul 1955 and was Honorably discharged from the U.S. Army - d 5 Jan 2005, _____, Cuyahoga Co., OH - bu ? - m 6 Aug 1955 Covington, Kenton Co., KY, to Rosalie "Rose" Thelma RABE, d/o Frank Lawrence RABE and Hazel Elizabeth MICHELS - Rosalie b 12 May 1939 Covington, KY - Robert and Rosalie had 4 children (all daughters).
vi. Jack Willard SLUSHER b 28 Dec 1935 Cincinatti, Hamilton Co., OH - occ: Police Officer K9 Division, Covington, KY - d 29 Nov 1966 Covington, Kenton Co., KY - bu: Fort Wright, ____ Co., KY - m 21 May 1955 Covington, KY, to Grace Lucille RABE, d/o Frank Lawrence RABE and Hazel Elizabeth MICHELS - Grace is the sister of Rose who married Jack's brother Robert - Grace b 5 Apr 1937 Covington, KY - Jack and Grace had 6 children.
vii. Nancy Jane SLUSHER b 28 Jun 1937 Bromley, Kenton Co., KY - m 1 Feb 1958 to Othel Jackson "Jack" HULING, s/o Othel James HULING and Edna Gertrude SUMNER - Nancy and Jack divorced - They had 6 chldren.
11. Otis Webster SLUSHER Jr b 8 Apr 1928 Provident Hospital, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH - occ: (1947>) clerk Fisher Brother's Foods, Cleveland, OH - (late 1940's & early 50's >) carpenter/roofer Slusher Brother's Roofing Co. slogan: "Remember the Lumber Number". Retail Management; (1950's Cincinatti, OH, Chicago, IL, and Akron, OH >) W. L. Douglas Shoes; (1960's & early 70's Akron, OH >) Ed Shoe City, Siff's Family Shoes, Skorman's Miricle Mart and Gaylords; (1970's & 80's Akron, OH >) Wooster Ave K-Mart resident Assistant Manager. - hobbies: Bowling, Avon, Coins, Sports Cards and avid Flea-marketeer - Otis was ill the last many years of his life and was cared for by his daughter Kathy, which whom he lived in Akron, OH - d 22 Dec 1995 St. Thomas Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH - cause of death: Coronary Artery Disease - bu 27 Dec 1995 Greenlawn Memorial Park, Akron, OH - Otis m 31 Aug 1946 Cleveland, OH, to Estrell "Stella" Llewellyn WINTRODE, d/o Harold Victor WINTRODE and Lillian Annabelle MONTGOMERY - Estrell b 21 Dec 1929 at 1197 E. 112th St., Cleveland, OH - She was severly ill the last few months of her life and was cared for by her loving daughter, Kathy - d 17 Jul 1985 at home with many extended family members at her bedside at 876 Sheridan Ave, Akron, OH - cause of death: Lung Cancer - bu 19 Jul 1985 Greenlawn Memorial Park, Akron, Ohio.
Children of Otis Webster SLUSHER Jr. and "Stella" WINTRODE:
+12. i. Otis Webster SLUSHER III (see below)
+13. ii. (twin) Kathleen Esther SLUSHER (see below)
iii. (twin) Katherine SLUSHER (stillborn) 6 May 1946 University Maternity Hospital, Cleveland, Cuyahoa Co., OH.
+14. David Douglas SLUSHER (see below):
12. Otis Webster SLUSHER III b 25 Jul 1947 University Maternity Hospital, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH - Lived in Cleveland, OH, Covington, KY, Chicago, IL, and Akron, OH, as a child - military service: served 8 years active duty w/US Army Security Agency (see note below) - occ: store softlines manager w/K-Mart Corp 1973-1991 in many stores in NE Oho - m(1) 21 Mar 1967 Brady Air Base, Hakata, Kyushu Island, Japan and American Consolate, Fukuoka, Kyushu Island, Japan, to Glennia Joyce "Joyce" FERGUSON, d/o John FERGUSON (born Scotland) and Margaret Virginia LAFFERTY - "Joyce" b 16 Apr 1947 Kanawha Co., WV - divorced 13 July 1976 Cuyahoga Co., OH - Otis m(2) 1978 //PRIVATE// - divorced from 2nd wife in 1994 Medina C., OH - Otis & "Joyce" have reunited - Otis remarried his first wife, Joyce, on 16 Apr 2001 (her birthday) in Shalimar, Okaloosa Co., FL They continue to reside in Fort Walton Beach, Okaloosa Co., FL, in 2005.
NOTE: Otis military service:
(Dec 1964-Feb 1965) Basic Infantry Training, "O" Company, 4th Training Regiment, Fort Dix, NJ.
(Mar 1965-Jul 1965) US Army Security Agency Training as 980 & 982, Fort Devens, Mass.
(Aug 1965-Aug 1966) TUSGLOG Det 4, Sinop, Turkey.
(Sep 1966-Sep 1969) 14th US Army Security Field Station, Hakata, Kyushu Island, Japan.
(Oct 1969) Jungle Survival Training, 1st Special Forces Division, Camp Hardy, Okinowa.
(Oct 1969-Sep 1970) 330th RRC, 313th RRB, 509th RRG, Pleiku and Nha Trang, Vietnam.
(Oct 1970-Dec 1972) US Army Security Agency Field Stations in Bad Aibling and Augsburg, West Germany.
Children of Otis Webster SLUSHER III and Glennia Joyce FERGUSON:
+15. i. Joyce Glennia "Glennia" SLUSHER (see below)
+16. ii. Otis Webster SLUSHER IV (see below)
13. Kathleen "Kathy" Esther SLUSHER b 6 May 1949 University Materniy Hospital, Cleveland, Cuyahoga Co., OH - Lived in Cleveland, OH, Covington, KY, Chicago, IL, and Akron, OH, as a child - occ: waitress - m 17 Dec 1966 Akron, Summit OH, to David "Dave" Allen HOSE, s/o Clarence Clyde HOSE and Gertrude CLAUSER - "Dave" b 23 May 1946 Altadina, CA - served in the US Navy during the Vietnam War - divorced in 1995 - Kathy living in Fort Walton Beach, FL, in 2001.
Children of Kathleen Esther SLUSHER and David Allen HOSE:
+17. i. David Allen HOSE II. (see below)
+18. ii. Robert John HOSE (see below)
+19. iii. Natalie Renee HOSE (see below)
14. David Douglas SLUSHER b 5 Nov 1958 Akron General Hospital, Akron Summit Co., OH - Served on active duty in the US Navy and rcvd the Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal for Lebanon Service - Lived in Akron and Barberton, OH - His significant other (girl friend) in the 1980's & early 1990's was Mildred Renee DAVIS - David & daughter moved to Burke Co., NC, in 1995 - Returned to Akron, OH, abt 1999 - He was a beloved member of the Mount Olive Baptist Church, 1180 Slossom Ave., Akron, OH - d 13 Feb 2003 at his home in Akron, OH - bu 18 Feb 2003 with Military Honors at Western Reserve National Cemetery, Rawiga Rd. NW of Ritman, Medina Co., OH - m 28 Jul 1998 Morganton, Burke Co., NC, to Venita Joan HARRIS, d/o Wilber Leroy HARRIS and Joan Venita WRIGHT - Venita b 8 Sep 1962 Annapolis, MD - David's widow, Venita, and David's daughter, Heather, living in Akron, OH, in 2003.
Daughter of David Douglas SLUSHER and Mildred Raynae DAVIS:
i. Heather Nichole DAVIS SLUSHER b 10 Oct 1985 Akron City Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH - Her last name was legally changed from DAVIS to SLUSHER in 1994.
15. Joyce Glennia "Glennia" SLUSHER b 27 Jun 1968 Sasabo Navy Base Hospital, Sasebo, Kyushu Island, Japan - m 18 Aug 1986 Akron, Summit Co., OH, to Eugene "Gene" MOORE - divorced.
Daughter of Joyce Glennia SLUSHER & Eugene MOORE:
i. Malisa Dawn SLUSHER b 22 Jan 1984 Akron General Hospital, Summit Co., OH.
Daughter of Joyce Glennia SLUSHER and John RAY:
i. Amanda Dawn RAY b 12 Feb 1992 Akron, Summit Co., OH.
Sons of Joyce Glennia SLUSHER and Gregory "Greg" Warren LOWE:
i. Damian Joseph LOWE b 8 Nov 2000 Akron City Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH.
ii. Aiden Michael LOWE b 1 Feb 2005 Baptist Hospital, Pensacola, Florida.
16. Otis Webster SLUSHER IV b 24 Sep 1971 US Army Hosptal, Munich, Bavaria, West Germany - m 21 Jun 2001 Hinckley Lake Park, Hinckley, Medina Co., OH, to Mary Anna WATT, d/o Robert WATT and Linda KOSIBA - Mary b 25 Jun 1974 Parma Hospital, Parma, Cuyahoga Co., OH.
Children of Otis Webster SLUSHER IV and Mary Anna WATT:
i. Colin Logan Otis SLUSHER-WATT b 7 Aug 1994 Southwest General Hospital, Middleburg Hts, Cuyahoga Co., OH.
ii. Bela Rose SLUSHER b 10 Dec 2001 Medina Hospital, Medina, Cuyaohga Co., OH.
17. David Allen HOSE II b 9 Jul 1967 City Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH - occ: Mason, Greer Masonary - d 13 Jan 1996 at his home, Copley, Summit Co., OH - cause of death: multiple brain tumors - bu 17 Jan 1996 All Saints Cemetery, Northfield, Summit Co., OH - m 1 Sep 1989 Bedford, Cuyahoga Co., OH, to Ann Catherine BOYLAN, d/o John Patrick BOYLAN and Ann Catherine McLAUGHLIN - Ann BOYLAN b 17 Sep 1970 Garfield Heights, Cuyahoga Co., OH - Ann and children living Copley, OH, in 2000.
Children of David Allen HOSE and Ann Catherine BOYLAN:
i. Daniel Allen HOSE b 28 Dec 1989 City Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH.
ii. Falon Marie HOSE b 7 Oct 1993 City Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH.
18. Robert "Robbie" John HOSE b 4 Oct 1970 St. Thomas Hosptal, Akron, Summit Co., OH - m 4 Oct 1996 St. Martha's Church, Akron, OH, to Rochelle "Rocky" STEVISON, d/o James W. STEVISON and Christine CUTTING - Rochelle b 28 Jan 1977 Ravenna, Portage Co., OH - Robert, wife and children living Stow, Summit Co., OH, in 2002.
Children of Robert John HOSE and Rochelle STEVISON:
i. Alexis Lianne HOSE b 15 Nov 1996 Wadsworth, Medina Co., OH.
ii. (twin) Nathaniel David HOSE b 1 Apr 1998 Wadsworth, Medina Co., OH.
iii. (twin) Ian James HOSE b 1 Apr 1998 Wadsworth, Medina Co., OH.
19. Natalie Renee HOSE b 9 Jul 1973 City Hospital, Akron, Summit Co., OH - Natalie and daughters living Canton, OH, in 2002.
Daughters of Natalie Renee HOSE:
i. Aubrey Michael DAVID b 19 Oct 1996 ______ Hospital, ________, ________ Co., OH.
ii. Fiona Katherine DAVID b __ Aug 2000 _____ Hospital, _____, _____ Co., OH.
LAST UPDATED: 7 Sep 2005
oslushGen2@webtv.net OR ojfwb@ webtv.net