Family of Ernesto Fabbri and Sara Ann Randall

The family of Ernesto Fabbri and Sara Ann Randall

Ernestine, Egisto and Marie as young children in New York City, where they shared a connected house at 27th West 19th St. with the family of David Henderson Gregory and Emily Randall Gregory. Egisto was called 'Giddie' at home.

Upon the death of their father in 1884, their uncle Egisto took the family back to his native Florence.

Egisto Fabbri as a young man.

For more about his career as artist and architict, click here

Ernestine with her baby sister Cora.

Ernestine married Count Uberto Ludolf; their daughter, Tecla Ludolf Caffarelli, was a noted beauty in Italy of the 1920s.

Marie Fabbri married Count Uberto Ludolf's brother,
Count Giuseppe Ludolf. She had no children.



Cora Fabbri died in 1892, unmarried.
Her poetry is collected in 'Lyrics,' which was published in the year of her death.

Alice Fabbri married the Marchese Ottavio Peccolellis. Although his family estates were dedicated to olive culture, the couple lived in the Palazzo Capponi in Florence.

Alice died in 1939.

Nathalie Fabbri cultivated an artistic talent, and was accustomed to sending watercolor paintings as keepsakes to her American cousins. She married the Marchese Piero Antinori, head of the winemaking family that has flourished in Tuscany.for some five centuries.
Her brother Egisto remodeled the Villa Antinori for her in 1914.

Ernesto Fabbri and Alessandro, his brother, remained the most American of the siblings. Both maintained permanent homes here as adults and served in the United States Army and Navy, respectively, during the Great War.

Ernesto married at least twice, Alessandro never. Rumor had it that Edith Shepard,first wife of Ernesto Fabbri, had fallen in love with Alessandro, who made his home with the couple.

Alessandro Fabbri, the youngest, was born in 1878.
He maintained homes in New York and Bar Harbor, Maine. A scientific dilettante and inventor, he developed a moving-picture machine, and backed Giulielmo Marconi in his wireless experiments.
At 44, he died of pneumonia after a hunting trip in Maine.