CATHERINE ANGELINE KENNEDY
Catherine Angeline Kennedy, second child of Neal Kennedy and Martha Ann Hicks, was born October 11, 1&46 and died September 21, 1893. She is buried in 010 Salem Cemetery, Scyrene, Clarke County, AL.
On February 13, 1870, Angeline was married to John L. Larrimore, born in 1840, according to the 1870 Census. The wedding took place at Neal Kennedy's home, with William J. Hamilton as officiant. A copy of Angeline and John's Marriage Certificate is attached, and her name reads "Angeline C. Kennedy". However, in the 1860 Census she is listed as "Catherine A" and her tombstone inscription is "C. A."
John was a brother to Dock, Lemuel, Cyrus and Edmund Pinckney Larrimore and their parents were Edmund M. Larrimore and Candis Allen (see Hicks Section in this book).
Angeline and John were married in 1870 and the census of Clarke County that year listed John's sister and other family members in their home:
J. L. Larrimore age 30
Angeline Larrimore 24
E. P. Larrimore 24
Laura Larrimore 22
Cyrus Larrimore 16
Nathaniel Larrimore 14
Lemuel A. Larrimore 10
David Larrimore 10
Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore had the following seven children. They are not necessarily listed in the order of their birth.
1. Martha Ellen Larrimore
2. Leila Larrimore
3. Pickens Larrimore
4. Minnie Larrimore
5. Horace Kennedy Larrimore
6. Hattie Larrimore
7. Maude Larrimore
MARTHA ELLEN LARRIMORE
Martha Ellen Larrimore may have been the oldest child of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore. She was born on September 24, 1874, and according to the attached copy of her Obituary, she took over the duties of homemaker when her mother died.
Ellen never married; she died August 15, 1924, at the age of fifty.
Leila Larrimore, believed to be one of the older children of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore. She was never married.
Pickens Larrimore, son of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore; never married.
Catherine Angeline Leila Larrimore
Hattie Larrimore, daughter of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore, was born December 31, 1877. Hattie's first husband was John W. Davis, born April 6, 1874, the son of William Moses Davis (see Enoch Davis, Jr. in the Davis Section of this book). They married on January 27, 1897, according to Clarke County Marriage Records. John died on February 22, 1898, just a year after he and Hattie married. He is buried in Old Salem Cemetery.
I was told that John was the son of William Moses Davis and Mary A. DeLoach, and wondered for a long time how he could be "John W. Davis, Jr.", which is the tombstone inscription. I finally came to the conclusion that John was named "Jr" for John Walter Davis, born in 1852, a brother of William Moses Davis.
After John's death, Hattie married a Guy. They had no issue, but Hattie and John had one daughter. Hattie died April 25, 1968 and is also buried at Old Salem.
1. Annie Lee Davis, only daughter of Hattie Larrimore and John W. Davis, Jr., probably born the last of 1897 or the first of 1898.
The 1900 Clarke County Census, Gates District, listed a young girl living in the home with her grandfather, John L. Larrimore. Could this be Annie Lee Davis?
MINNIE D. LARRIMORE
Minnie Larrimore, daughter of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore, was born November 28, 1881. She married Robert Ferguson and had one son. Minnie died March 14, 1920. Her birth and death dates were taken from a very old, faded "Memorial" which was almost impossible to read. These dates may be incorrect.
1. Robert Charles Ferguson; married Audrey Allen and had one child.
A. Robert Charles Ferguson, Jr.
HORACE KENNEDY LARRIMORE
Horace Kennedy Larrimore, son of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore, married Anna Mary Duke June 10, 1903, Clarke County, AL. We do not have birth or death dates for Horace and Mary. Sibyl Larrimore Bradford, their daughter, told me that they are buried in Old Salem Cemetery, Scyrene, Alabama, in unmarked graves.
1. Anna Sibyl Larrimore, daughter of Horace and Mary Larrimore, was born April 2, 1909; died September 16, 1990. On May 27, 1927, Sibyl married Dock Bradford, born March 26, 1885. He died June 6, 1963. Sybil was buried in Old Salem Cemetery (see attached copy of her Obituary).
Dock was a brother to Thomas Marian Bradford who married Martha Alma Wilson, daughter of Mary Elizabeth Kennedy and John Winfield Wilson. Dock and Tom's parents were Harriet Elizabeth "Dump" Smith and Marion DeCalb "Tap" Bradford and their maternal grandparents were Ellender Mariah Steele and Jesse Smith.
It was my privilege to visit Sibyl for several hours in May of 1989. A cousin, Clarice Dozier Spinks, and I went to Mobile just for that purpose. I had heard the family speak of her and Dock many times over the years and finally was able to meet her. I am sorry that she died before I was able to visit her again.
Sibyl and Dock had six children:
A. Marion Larrimore Bradford, born September 23, 1929. Married Margaret Miles; divorced. Two children:
a. Barry Dock Bradford, born June 2, 1962.
b. Pamela Leigh Bradford (adopted), born June 2, 1970.
Marion married second Mrs. Rebecca Billingsly. No issue by this second marriage.
B. Mary Elizabeth Bradford, born January 2, 1931. Died when she was eight years old, due to a traffic accident. She was buried at Old Salem Cemetery.
C. Joan Bradford, born July 22, 1937. Married Harold Norman Holiday. One child:
a. Harold Norman Holiday, Jr, born February 2, 1961.
D. Betty Clair Bradford, born May 21, 1941. Married Thomas Gerald Franklin. They have three children and reside in Mobile.
a. Teresa Lynn Franklin, born April 1, 1961. Married Jimmy Wayne Wiggins.
(1) Jacob Bradford Wiggins, born January 27, 1986.
b. Thomas Gerald Franklin, Jr., born July 7, 1963. Married Dedra Thorn on June 10, 1989.
c. Jeffrey Bradford Franklin, born April 17, 1966.
E. Mary "Tiny" Sybil Bradford, born November 6, 1942. Married Kenneth Roy Lovell.
a. Kenneth Ray Lovell, Jr. Married, wife's name unknown.
(1) Andrew Bradford Lovell,
F. Ralph DeCalb "D" Bradford, born April 21, 1945. He married Mary Elizabeth Seymore
a. Joseph Lee Bradford, born October 4, 1970
b. John Jason Bradford, born April 15, 1977
Robin Elizabeth Bradford, born
June 22, 1980.
2. Leo Bertram Larrimore, son of Horace Kennedy Larrimore and Mary Duke, was born at Dickinson, AL on December 10, 1905 and died May 21, 1972. He is buried at Old Salem Baptist Church Cemetery, Scyrene, AL.
Leo married Eleanor Leone Bradford on September 5, 1934. Leone was born at Scyrene, Clarke County, AL on August 20, 1912, the daughter of Watt Bradford and Minnie Duke. Leone died January 12, 1986, and is also buried at Salem Baptist Church.
Leo and Leone had four children:
A. John Calvin Larrimore, born December 13, 1935, Dickinson. He married Capitoria Wilson August 2, 1957. They have three children.
a. Derrel Larrimore
b. Kay Larrimore
c. Kenneth Larrimore
B. Leo Bertram Larrimore, Jr., born May 9, 1939, Dickinson. He married Sandra Gayle May on August 6, 1961. Sandra was born at Pritchard, Alabama on February 27, 1942, daughter of Ivy King May and Lottie Mae Dolbear. Two children:
a. Johnna Gayle Larrimore, born March 2, 1963, Jackson. Married Neil Dixon Bush, Jr. on June 13, 1982.
(1) Anna Larrimore Bush
b. Sandra JoAnna Larrimore, born October 19, 1966. Married Douglas Paul Pugh on August 2, 1986.
C. Mary Sue Larrimore, born July 26, 1941, Pine Hill, Wilcox County, Alabama. She married John C. Moore on April 16, 1960. John was born April 25, 1941 at Gosport, AL, the son of John Boykin Moore and Zula Wiggins. Two children, both born at Opelika, Lee County, AL.
a. John Bertram Moore, born November 3, 1961. Married Cynthia Leigh Barfield on December 28, 1981.
b. Suellen Moore, born November 2, 1964. She married Thomas Little Gibson on December 27, 1985. Thomas died on January 27, 1989.
D. Horace Bradford Larrimore, born May 19, 1953, Grove Hill. Married March 3, 1973, Martha Kay Dailey, born August 3, 1953 in Perry, Georgia, the daughter of Willie Lee Dailey and Emily Elizabeth Felts. Horace and Martha have three children, all born in Grove Hill.
a. Emily Kate Larrimore, born December 2, 1976.
b. Horace Bradford Larrimore, Jr., born August 14, 1979.
c. Leo Benjamin Larrimore, born March 3, 1985.
FLORENCE MAUDE LARRIMORE
Florence Maude Larrimore, daughter of Catherine Angeline Kennedy and John L. Larrimore, was born in 1884 and died in 1979 at the age of 95. Buried in Magnolia Cemetery, Mobile, AL. Maude was married to Isthma Joshua Yerkes in 1919 and they had two sons. Josh died in 1954.
1. Bert Yerkes; married, but wife's name is unknown.
A. Nancy Yerkes
B. Roger Yerkes; lives in Mobile.
2. Jack Meredith Yerkes; married Mildred Ann McCaleb in January of 1948. They had three children.
A. Jack Meredith Yerkes, Jr., born September 5, 1948. He married Frances Ion McIntosh and has three children.
a. Meredith Ann Yerkes
b. Rustin Thomas Yerkes
c. David Scott Yerkes
B. Page Ann Yerkes, born November 8, 1951. Married Donald Evan Smestad and has two children.
a. Lindsey Smestad
b. Stephanie Page Smestad
C. Randy Jim Yerkes, born December 15, 1954. Married Cynthia Horn and they have two daughters.
a. Shelly Melissa Yerkes
b. Jennifer Frances Yerkes
SOURCES FOR CATHERINE ANGELINE KENNEDY
Family Group Sheets completed by family members
Conversations with family members
Clarke County Census Records
Clarke County Marriage Records
NANCY CAROLINE KENNEDY
Nancy Caroline Kennedy, third child of Neal Kennedy and Martha Ann Hicks, was born October 23, 1848; died November 15, 1891. She is buried in Old Salem Cemetery, Scyrene, Clarke County, Alabama (see attached copy of her Obituary).
Caroline married Charles ("Charlie") Frank Fendley February 28, 1871 (see attached copy of Marriage Certificate). He was the son of Charles Frank Fendley, Sr. and Parmelia Larrimore, and was born November 3, 1850. Charlie and Caroline lived in Coffeeville and their nine children may have been born there.
After the death of Caroline, Charlie married Mary J., last name unknown, born on January 2, 1852. Charlie died on January 14, 1926 and Mary J. survived him by almost twenty years, dying on January 10, 1945. Charlie and his second wife are buried in New Prospect Cemetery, about eight miles east of Coffeeville.
Charlie's parents were married on December 10, 1840, according to Clarke County Marriage Records
They are also buried in New Prospect Cemetery:
Charles Frank Fendley, Sr.
Born June 12, 1812 Born April 17, 1817
Died June 3, 1877 Died April 15, 1879
At the time of the 1880 Clarke County Census, the Charlie Fendley family was listed as follows:
Charles Fendley Age 29
Nancy C. 31
William Dennis 8
Charles H(oward) 5
Earnest L. 2
Nancy Caroline and Charlie Fendley had nine children:
1. William Dennis Fendley, born February 22, 1872.
2. Thomas Henchie Fendley, born August 6, 1875.
3. Charlie Howard Fendley, born February 2, 1876.
4. Archie Fendley, born November 21, 1977.
5. Ernest Fendley, born in 1878
6 . Sarah Addie Fendley, born April 9, 1881
7. Martha Onie Fendley, born August 17, 1883
8. Daisy Fendley, born September 7, 1885
9. Caroline Lorraine Fendley, born October 1, 1889.
Nancy Caroline Kennedy
Wife of Charles Frank Fendley
WILLIAM DENNIS FENDLEY
William Dennis Fendley, believed to be the oldest child of Nancy Caroline Kennedy and Charlie Frank Fendley, was born on February 22, 1872, and died May 15, 1948 in Clarke County, Alabama. He is buried in Jones Chapel Church of Christ Cemetery, Coffeeville, Alabama, as is his wife.
Dennis married on December 27, 1893, Martha Bertie Jones, born October 11, 1877 and died July 16, 1962. Martha was the daughter of William M. Jones and Elizabeth Ann Friddle.
There were seven children born to Dennis and Martha:
1. Daniel Elam Ferldley, born Septrmber 25,1894 and died on September 25, 1949. He married on June 5th, c. 1 920, Betty Matilda Mathers, born January 28 1899, the daughter of Earl Quincy Mathers and Lucy Elizabeth Trotter. Daniel and Betty are buried in Ulcanush Cemetery, Coffeeville.
A. Vernell Fendley, born September 2, 1922 or February 9, 1922. When month is not written, it is impossible to determine exact date. Vernell married to Forrest Glass.
B. Margaret Louise Fendley, born October 2 or February 10, 1924. Married first to Glen Huffstetter, by whom she had a daughter. Married second to George W. Deas and has three children by him.
a. Twila Huffstetter, born March 1, 1943. Married Lonny E. Higdon. Two sons:
(1) Vernon E. Higdon; married Melody Foche.
(2) Kelly W. Higdon
b. George Mendel Deas, born July 23, 1954.
(1) Gloria Michelle Prescott
c. Pamela Joy Deas, born in 1952. She was killed in an automobile accident on May 9, 1970.
d. Tonya Deas, born November 19, 1956. She married Johnnie R. Fayard, Jr.
(1) Johnnie R. Fayard, III
(2) Child due August 31, 1989.
2. Elam Vivian Fendley, born in Coffeeville December 15, 1899; died in Mobile, AL on January 25, 1970 and is buried there. Elam married in Hattisburg, MS December 27, 1925, Lessie Dunagin, the daughter of Charles E. Dunagin and Mattie Hudson. Lessie was born in Laurel, MS on December 28, 1902, and died in Mobile on May 18, 1966. She is buried in Mobile also.
Elam and Lessie had one daughter:
A. Vivian Jean Fendley, born in Hattisburg, MS on December 8, 1928. Married in Mobile on August 18, 1950, Donald Albert Hickey,born December 10, 1927. He died July 1, 1989 and is buried in Mobile Memorial Gardens in Mobile, AL. Donald was the son of Matthew Vincent Hickey.
a. Donald Albert Hickey, Jr, born February 17, 1957. His wife's name is Teresa.
b. Nancy Ann Hickey
3. Lena Elizabeth Fendley, third child of William Dennis Fendley and Martha Bertie Jones, was born in Coffeeville on August 26, 1904. Lena married Hollis Banes and lives in Saraland, AL.
4. Montee Fendley, fourth child of William Dennis Fendley and Martha Bertie Jones, was born in Coffeeville on July 21, 1909. He married on October 13, 1941, Elva Brewer, born at Winn, AL on November 18, 1914. Elva was the daughter of Edward Henry Brewer and Lucinda McVay. Montee and Elva have seven children.
A. Shelton Fendley, born at Coffeeville on September 15, 1942. Married Barbara Rich on March 22, 1972, the daughter of Jones Rich and Willie Mae Hanner. Barbara was born June 6, 1943.
a. Colin Nicole Fendley, born November 8, 1976,
in Picayune, Pearl River Co. MS.
B. Patricia Fendley, born at Coffeeville on June 22, 1944. Married Wallace R. Sager on June 15, 1962.
C. Mary Evelyn Fendley, born at Coffeeville on March 16, 1946. Married Evans C. Wilson on January 5, 1968. Evans was born at Thomasville on January 6, 1944, the son of Walter Clay Wilson and Delorma Coates.
a. Cindy Lee Wilson, born in Grove Hill on March 9, 1973.
b. Michael Clay Wilson, born January 1, 1977 in Grove Hill.
D. Kathleen Fendley, born in Coffeeville on June 11, 1949. She married Jimmy Robinson on September 9, 1967.
E. Kenneth Fendley, born in Grove Hill on March 31, 1951.
F. Shirley Fendley, born in Grove Hill April 3, 1953. She married Ronald Rayborn on August 15, 1970. Divorced.
G. Eloise Fendley, born in Grove Hill on September 22, 1955. She married Johnny Etheridge on June 16, 1972. Divorced.
5. William Gerald Fendley, fifth child of William Dennis Fendley and Martha Bertie Jones, was born in Coffeeville on January 3, 1915. Lives in Picayune, MS.
6. Marvin Fendley, sixth child of William Dennis Fendley and Martha Bertie Jones, was born in Coffeeville on July 22, 1917. Marvin died January 13, 1981 and is buried in Jones Chapel Church of Christ Cemetery, Coffeeville.
Marvin married in Grove Hill on March 7. 1942, Eula Dee Brewer, born in Zimco, AL on January 21, 1921. Eula Dee is a sister to the above Elva Brewer. They are daughters of Edward Henry Brewer and Lucinda McVay.
A. Judy Carol Fendley, born in Jackson, AL on September 26, 1955. Judy married Leonard Warner Pezent on September 29, 1973.
Judy and her husband have two daughters, both born in Mobile.
a. Ginger Diane Pezent, born November 1, 1978.
b. Erica Lynne Pezent, born September 27, 1983.
7. Carrie Bernice Fendley, youngest child of William Dennis Fendley and Martha Bertie Jones, was born in Coffeeville on February 17, 1924. Bernice married on November 20, 1941, Lucedale, MS, S. P. Hudson. He was born February 18, 1921 in Mobile, the son of Johnny Hudson and Nettie Mae Kenny.
Bernice and S. P. have three children:
A. Phillip William Hudson, born in Mobile on September 21, 1942. He married first, Eve Rogers, by whom he had a dauqhter. Phillip and Eve were divorced and he married Dorothy Stokes.by whom he had two sons and a daughter. Phillip. and his family live in Andalusia, AL.;
a. Shae Hudson
b. Aaron Phillip Hudson, born,April 14, l980.
c. Grant Stokes Hudson, born May 11, 1982.
d. Lana Elizabeth Hudson, born November 5, 1984.
B. Janet Vanessa Hudson, born January 21, 1947 in Mobile, AL. She married first, Phillip Blighton; no issue. She married second, Wayne Fendley. They live in Grove Hill.
a. Ashley Kara Fendley, born May 27, 1974.
C. Janina Hudson, born in Grove Hill on May 25, 1954. She married first, George Stanton, who was killed in an accident. Janina married second, Scott Joiner, and lives in Philadelphia, PA. One son by the second marriage.
a. Jeremy Hudson Joiner, born November 20, 1986.
THOMAS HENCHIE FENDLEY
Thomas Henchie Fendley may be the second son born to Nancy Caroline Kennedy and Charlie Frank Fendley. He was born on August 6, 1875 near Coffeeville. He died in Jackson, AL on December 18, 1901, only twenty-six years old (see attached copy of his Obituary). He was buried in Prospect Cemetery, Coffeeville. Never married.
OBITUARY of Thomas Hinchie Fendley (did not OCR)
OBITUARY of Onie Deas (did not OCR)
CHARLIE HOWARD FENDLEY
Charlie Howard Fendley, son of Charles Frank Fendley and Nancy Caroline Kennedy, was born February 2, 1876; died January 5, 1958; buried at Ulcanush Cemetery, Coffeeville. Married June 21, 1896, Evie Dunagan, born June, 1879. Seven children:
1. Eddie Clayton Fendley, born November 19, 1900; died March 14, 1981; buried in Center Point Cemetery, Coffeeville, as is his wife, Hessie Lee Roberts, born June 28, 1898; died September 24, 1975. Eddie and Hessie were married on March 11, 1920. She was the daughter of Austin Roberts and Harriet Elizabeth Sims. Eddie and Hessie had two daughters.
A. Vera Fendley, born September 3, 1921, Coffeeville. Married first on July 16, 1938, Lyman Bedsole, born July 28, 1918, Campbell, AL, the son of Grover Cleveland Bedsole and Carrie Lorraine Fendley. Carrie was the youngest daughter of Nancy Caroline Kennedy and Charlie Frank Fendley. Lyman died April 2, 1975, and is buried in Centerpoint Cemetery, Coffeeville, AL.
Vera Fendley Bedsole married second on August 30, 1975, Louis E. Robinson. They reside near Grove Hill.
a. Infant, first child of Vera Fendley and Lyman Bedsole, was born and died April 17, 1940.
b. Carolyn Faye Bedsole, second daughter of Vera and Lyman, was born in Butler, AL on August 31, 1941. Married on June 7, 1959, Walter Wayne Williamson.
(1) Barbara Agnes Williamson, born April 10, 1960 in Mobile, AL. She married Ricky Alan Jennings on February 2, 1990.
(2) Michael Wayne Williamson, born August 28, 1962, Mobile, AL. Married at Dixons Mill, AL, June 25, 1988, Theresa Lee Norris. Athens, AL. They live in Athens, AL.
B. Betty Lynn Fendley, second daughter of Eddie Fendley and Hessie Lee Roberts, was born in Coffeeville on April 22, 1937. She married Joseph Ned Dunagan on May 19, 1955.
Betty Lynn and Joseph have four children:
a. Destry Lance Dunagan; married Carolyn White.
(1) Brandon Dunagan
(2) Brooke Dunagan
b. Dennifer Lynn Dunagan; married Wendell White.
(1) Jennie White
(2) Candace White
c. Dentry Fendley Dunagan; married Donna Bonner
(1) Dustin Clayton Dunagan
d. Darryl Duncan Dunagan; married first, Beth Newton; married second, Cindy Truett.
2. Flossie Ulma Fendley, born in Clarke County October 12, 1902 and died on June 10, 1974. Buried in New Live Oak Cemetery, Selma, AL. Her tombstone reads "Flossie E. Roberts, Born October 12, 1902, Died June 13, 1974".
On February 3, 1920, Flossie married Benjamin Buford Roberts. He was born September 3, 1883 and died August 20, 1964. There is some confusion as to Benjamin's middle name. Some say it is "Blueth" and some say "Bruce" and some say "Buford". At any rate, he is buried beside his wife in New Live Oak Cemetery, Selma, and his tombstone reads "Benjamin B. Roberts".
Flossie and Benjamin had a son and a daughter:
A. Woodrow Melford Roberts, born on April 25, 1922. He is buried in New Live Oak Cemetery, Selma in Division 29, Space 250, with no date of death on his tombstone.
Woodrow married first, Lois, last name unknown, and she is the mother of his four children.
a. Charles Roberts
b. Ricky Roberts
C. Michael Roberts
d. John Mark Roberts
Woodrow married second, Margaret Mitchell. She was born June 25, 1913 and died January 20, 1972. She is buried in Division 29, Space 249, beside Woodrow.
B. Ethel Voncille Roberts, born March 10, 1926, Selma. She married on February 15, 1941, William Elijah Mott, born in 1917 and died in 1979. He is buried In New Live Oak Cemetery. Ethel and William had three children, all born in Selma.
a. Eleanor Voncille Mott, born January 4, 1942. Married Paul Edward Luker June 30, 1963.
b. William Elijah Mott, Jr., born November 6, 1945. Married Janis Sue Kaufman on June 8, 1973.
c. Donald Robert Mott, born June 15, 1947. Married Nancy Ann Boley on June 10, 1966.
3. Ira Desportes Fendley, born November 1, 1906; died July 8, 1978; buried in Ulcanush Cemetery, Coffeeville, as is his wife, Hattie Irma Roberts, sister of Hessie Lee Roberts.
4. Nellie Mae Fendley, born May 12, 1908. Married three times: first, to a Chavers; second to a Kirkendall; and third to an Edwards.
5. Charles Daffin Fendley, born October 8, 1910. He married first, Margarite Edwards; second, Maggie Lou Baker. Maggie Lou was born in Tallassee, AL on May 16, 1910, the daughter of Charlie Baker and Minnie Peak. Charles died on December 26, 1985 and is buried in Selma, in Pine View Memory Gardens. He and his second wife had six children.
A. Evie Myrtle Fendley, born in Montgomery, AL May 5, 1941. She married James Vernon Thomas on January 28, 1960. They have one daughter.
a. Pamela Arlene Thomas, born September 20, 1961 in Tuscaloosa, AL. She married Bill Cowan on April 6, 1985.
B. George Fendley. born between 1941 and 1944. Died when he was four years old.
C. Comer Garrett Fendley, born on February 14, 1944, in Coffeeville. He married Peggy Joyce Miley on August 11, 1962. They have three children.
a. Comer Gerald Fendley, born on January 8, 1964. He married Tonya Barrow on October 17, 1987.
b. Cheryl Lynn Fendley, born on February 20,1965. She married Robert Malcolm Smitherman on May 12, 1984.
c. Saundra Marie Fendley, born May 19, 1974.
D. Shirley Lynnette Fendley, daughter of Charles Daffin Fendley and Maggie Lou Baker, was born in Selma, AL on January 6, 1947. She married Thomas Arlon Thacker on April 18, 1964. Thomas is the son of Thomas Newton and Daisy Thacker.
a. Thomas Rodney Thacker, born at Fort Rucker in Dale County, Alabama on June 5, 1968.
b. Tammy Arlene Thacker, born in Selma on July 4 1973.
E. Jerrie Ann Fendley, daughter of Charles Daffin Fendley and Maggie Lou Baker, was born February 18, 1949, in Selma. She married Sonny Powell in June of 1968.
F. Linda Gail Fendley, last child of Charles Daffin Fendley and Maggie Lou Baker was born June 17, 1952. She married Faron Dean York on May 17, 1974.
6. Ola Mamie Fendley, born September 8, 1912. She married Clyde Dunagan. He is deceased; buried in Centerpoint Cemetery, Coffeeville, AL.
7. Mitford Garrett Fendley, born June 22, 1916. He is deceased; buried in Centerpoint Cemetery, Coffeeville. He never married.
Archie Fendley, son of Nancy Caroline Kennedy and Charlie Frank Fendley, was born in Coffeeville, Clarke CO Alabama on November 21, 1877. He died on February 5, 1921 and is buried in New Prospect Cemetery in Coffeeville.
Archie Fendley married Clara Deas, probably in 1902, as their first child was born in 1903. Clara was a sister of Virt Deas who married Daisy Fendley, Archie's sister. The dates of Clara's birth and death are unknown but she is buried in or near Lucedale, Mississippi in Rocky Creek Baptist Church Cemetery.
1. Ethel Castoria Fendley, first child of Archie and Clara Fendley, was born on April 1, 1903. She married Chester Gough and had two children:
A. Chester Gough, Jr.; deceased. His wife's name was Dot, last name unknown. They had two sons:
a. Mike Gough
b. Ricky Gough
B. Jerry Gough; married and had one child.
2. Waylon Fendley, born in Coffeeville January 11, 1905. Died March 31, 1976 in Lucedale, MS and is buried there in Magnolia Cemetery. Waylon married Addie Lee Shepherd, daughter of Thomas Shepherd and Mary Etheridge. Addie Lee was born February 14, 1909 in Coffeeville and died June 11, 1984 in Mobile. She is buried in Magnolia Cemetery also.
A. Evelyn Ardelia Fendley, born in Coffeeville September 18, 1930. She married James Robert Parker, born May 12, 1925, Clinton, North Carolina, the son of James Andrew and Sophronia Parker. Evelyn and her husband have two children. both born in Mobile.
a. Pamela Parker, born in 1954. Married a Mills.
b. Jama Jill Parker, born in 1962.
B. Fred Bernette Fendley, born in Perryville, Perry County, Alabama on January 10, 1935.
C. Peggy Lynn Fendley, born in Mobile September 16, 1947. Married Kip Holland; divorced.
3. Gordie Fendley, born at Coffeeville on March 16, 1907; died on August 24, 1987 and is buried at Jackson, AL. Gordie married on June 8, 1929, Myrtie Cravey, born at Winn, AL on December 3, 1902. She was the daughter of John S. Cravey and Clara Eugenia L. Cravey. Gordie and Myrtie had two daughters:
A. Mary Frances Fendley, born at Coffeeville, AL on August 23, 1930. She married James Riley Outlaw, Jr. at Sweet Water, AL. He was born at Coy, AL on July 20, 1926, the son of James Riley Outlaw and Lillie Mae Mayo.
Mary Frances and James have three children, all born at Jackson, AL.
a. Ronald Kent Outlaw, born August 8, 1956. Married Debbie Hollingsworth on September 15, 1978.
(1) Jason Kent Outlaw, born November 13, 1981.
(2) Adam Stewart Outlaw, born July 4, 1984.
b. Tena Outlaw, born May 12, 1959. She married Raymond Travis Smith on May 3, 1980.
(1) Ryan Christopher Smith, born on March 28, 1983.
(2) Austin Travis Smith, born April 9, 1987.
c. Michele Outlaw, born January 8, 1967. She married David Trujillo June 6, 1986. Divorced.
(1) Justin Lee Trujillo, born September 24,
B. Barbara Jean Fendley, second daughter of Gordie and
Myrtie Fendley, was born on July 30, 1932 in Grove Hill. She married Ralph Lewis Godwin on June 9, 1956 at Jackson, AL. Ralph was born at Enterprise, AL, the son of Ari A. Godwin and Willie Lee Etheridge.
Barbara and Ralph have four children, all born in Pensacola, FL.
a. Ralph Lewis Godwin, Jr., born August 16, 1957. Married Linda Nichols in Marion, AL on March 25, 1983.
b. Donna Lee Godwin, born October 19, 1959. She married Mark A. Castles at Lakeland, FL on November 29, 1981.
c. John Fendley Godwin, born March 9, 1966. He married Jennifer Peters on May 18, 1985. They are divorced.
d. Ann Elizabeth Godwin, born January 13, 1972.
4. Aubrey Fendley; married twice. No issue.
5. Comer Fendley; never married. Buried at Lucedale, MS.
6. Eula Fendley, sixth child of Archie Fendley and Clara Mae Fendley, was born December 13, 1913. Married first, Hughie Ray Smith, born in okaloosa County, FL on Septem15 in 1903 or 1904. He had a stroke and was an invalid for a year before he died February 22, 1948. Buried in Pine Crest Cemetery, Mobile, AL. Eula and Hughie had the following children, all born in Mobile.
A. Bama Jean Smith, born December 31, 1938. Married on December 28, 1959, Judson Hewitt Springer.
B. Eula Rae Smith, born may 4, 1943. Married November 4, 1961, Erwin M. Moody.
C. Mary Ann Smith, born March 6, 1945. She was adopted by Eula's sister, Lilla Mae Fendley, and husband, J.W. Griffin. To quote Mary Ann Smith's letter to me:
"Since Lilla Mae and J. W. had no children, they became very attached to Mary Ann and continued to help raise her after her father's death. They convinced Eula finally to consent to their legal adoption of Mary Ann when she was a teenager (approx. 16 years old). All her school records, church records, etc. were already listed in the name of (Mary) Ann Griffin and this legalized her name, etc. in those records."
D. James Hughie Smith, born on September 14, 1946. He married Carol, last name unknown, in 1965.
Eula Rae Fendley Smith married second, Jeff Phillips. He died in 1973.
D. Lilla Mae Fendley, twin, born August 23, 1916. Married Julius Walker Griffin, born April 2, 1913 in Lucedale,MS, the son of Julius C. Griffin and Fannie Mangram Chitty.
A. Mary Ann Smith/Griffin, adopted by Lilla Mae and her husbnd. See above explanation.
Mary Ann married Jerry Vernie Strength on August 23 1935. He was born in George County, MS on September 21, 1944, the son of Vernie Metz Strength and Nancy Louise Sheppard. Mary Ann and Jerry have two children.
a. Jason Walker Strength, born in Lucedale, George Co. MS on June 9, 1968.
b. Jody Metz Strength, born in Dayton, Ohio on December 18, 1970.
8. Willie Ray Fendley, twin, born on August 23, 1916. He married Minnie Lee Moore, born in Tuscaloosa, Alabama on November 12, 1921. She was the daughter of George Will Honeycutt Moore and Lizzie Lee Lindsey.
A. Willie Ray Fendley, Jr., born on June 24, 1941 in Tuscaloosa. He married on June 12, 1965, Caro-
lyn Kay Delon. Willie Ray has legally changed his name to William Ray Fendley. He and Carolyn have an adopted son.
a. Howell Delon Fendley, born October 28, 1972.
B. Archie Lee Fendley, born in Tuscaloosa, AL on March 29, 1943. He married Susan Hunter Smith on July 1, 1972.
Susan is a sister to Kathryn Shields Smith who is married to Archie's brother, Larry Carlton Fendley.
Archie and Susan have three children:
a. Matthew Hunter Fendley, born February 14, 1976.
b. Andrew David Fendley, twin, born August 7, 1978.
c. Kathryn Leigh Fendley, twin, born August 7,1978.
C. Donald Howard Fendley, born in Mobile December 12, 1944. He married Leah Michelle Ray on December 15, 1988.
D. Larry Carlton Fendley, born in Mobile on February 7, 1947. He married Kathryn Shields Smith on August 5, 1972.
Kathryn is a sister to Susan Hunter Smith who is married to Larry's brother, Archie Lee Fendley.
Kathryn and Larry have two children:
a. Scott Carlton Fendley, born November 19, 1974.
b. Emily Kathryn Fendley, born May 20, 1982.
9. Grady Vaughn Fendley, last child of Archie Fendley and
Clara Deas, was born in Coffeeville on July 28, 1919. He married first , Ouida Few, born July , the daughter of John H. Few and Lonie Lee. Ouida died on March 1, 1970 and on February 12, 1971, Grady married Willie Grace Harrell.
Grady and his first wife had one daughter:
A. Chandra Clara Fendley, born April 6, 1940 in Grove Hill, AL. She married first, Ronnie Williamson May 9, 1969; divorced. Chandra married second on December 11, 1981, Rocky Hutto; divorced.
Chandra had two children by her first husband:
a. John Crawford Williamson, born September 25, 1969, in Chatom, Washington County, AL. He died on March 18, 1989, as a result of an automobile accident.
b. Chandra Lynn Williamson, born in Columbia, MS on July 11, 1972.
Picture: Willie Ray Fendley and wife, Minnie Lee Moore with sons, left to right:Archie Lee, Larry, Don and Bill.
SARAH ADDIE FENDLEY
Sarah Addie Fendley, daughter of Charles and Caroline Fendley,was born April 9, 1881, in Coffeeville; died October 29, 1960, Wayne County, Strengthford, Ms. Buried in Rushton Cemetery, Jones Co. Ms. Married November 5, 1895, Wayne County, MS to Alonza Lake "Lonnie" Smith, born May 19, 1868 in Coffeeville, the son of Andrew Jackson Smith and Mary Catherine Morris. Lonnie died on November 18, 1946, and buried beside his wife. Addie and Lonnie had three children, all born in Jones County, MS.
1. Carlie Bell Smith, born November 14,1896; died August 1, 1947. Married January 18, 1914, Verdie B. Rushton, born at Laurel, Jones County, MS on January 11, 1892; died there April 2, 1968. Verdie was the son of Andrew Jackson Rushton and Mary Elizabeth Buchanan.
Carlie Bell and Verdie had nine children, all born in Laurel, MS.
A. Aline Rushton, born October 8, 1914. Married on April 1, 1955, William Joseph Roberts.
B. Alice Maud Rushton, born February 2, 1916. Married on July 24, 1937, Velpo West.
C. Baby Rushton, born and died September 20, 1917.
D. Verdie Bardell Rushton, born April 9, 1919. Married May 31, 1941, Ida Lorene Nowell.
E. Horace Rushton,twin, born August 8, 1921; died January 22, 1922.
F. Herbert Rushton, twin, born August 8, 1921. Married March 3, 1950, Jean Matthews.
G. Grady Burnell Rushton, born July 28, 1923. Married on August 16, 1946, Lavada Jewel Sassar.
a. Linda Sue Rushton; married John Marlin Blackledge. Two children:
(1) Lori Nichole Blackledge
(2) Justin Matthew Blackledge
b. Peggy Ann Rushton; married Thomas David Parker. Two children:
(1) William Rushton Parker
(2) Thomas Andrew Parker
c. Regina Jewel Rushton; married Russell Milner. Two children:
(1) Ryan Aubrey Milner
(2) Rushton Davis Milner
d. Gail Denise Rushton; married David Chancellor.
(1) Jonathan David Chancellor
H. Thelma Irene Rushton, born August 23, 1926; died August 3, 1928.
I. Troy Maxwell Rushton, born March 19, 1929. Married on September 5, 1947, Myrtle Louise Manning.
2. Edwin Lake Smith, second child of Lonnie and Addie Smith, was born February 7, 1920. Married December 24, 1945, Jewel Grace Buxton, born May 17, 1926, Chicora, Wayne Co. MS, the daughter of Josh W. Buxton and Lula Ann Bozone. Four children:
A. Alvin Lake Smith, born April 12, 1947, Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS. Married August 10, 1968, Marsha Landrum.
B. Sara Lou Smith, born April 6, 1950, Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS. Married December 25, 1970, Albert Mose Landrum.
C. Daniel Earl Smith, born November 7, 1955, Laurel, Jones Co. MS. Married on April 4, 1977, Nancy Rose Lee.
D. Syble Elaine Smith, born January 17, 1961, Laurel, Jones Co. MS. Married lst on November 14, 1980, Elijah Lee Walton. Married 2nd on May 24, 1986, Eddie Ray Courtney.
3. Edna Lee Smith, third and last child of Lonnie and Addie Smith, was born January 4, 1924, Laurel, Jones Co. MS. Married November 25, 1941, in Waynesboro, MS, Earvin Leanord Harrison, born November 25, 1922, the son of Zack Harrison and Ruby Strickland. Four children:
A. Duple Lee Harrison, born April 4, 1943, Wayne Co. MS. Married on October 28, 1961, Thomas Ellis
Rigney. They have four children.
a. Quinton Thomas Rigney, born March 16, 1965, in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS. Married on June 15, 1985, Catherine Rae Groves. Two children:
(1) Juliana Marie Rigney, born in Hattisburg, Forrest Co. MS on September 9, 1986.
(2) Angelica Lynn Rigney, born in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS on February 4, 1989.
b. Marcus Laie Rigney, born on July 11, 1967, in Waynesboro, MS. He married Shirra Janelle Williams on November 12, 1988.
c. Paul Edward Rigney, born in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS on December 5, 1970.
d. Antoneia Rigney, born in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS on November 11, 1971.
B. Jimmy Ray Harrison, born in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS on December 5, 1947. Married May 25, 1968, Wanda Jeanette West. Two children:
a. Joy Delaine Harrison, born in Jackson, Hinds Co. MS on July 27, 1972.
b. Eric Duane Harrison, born in Jackson, MS also on April 29, 1975.
C. Jarvis Harrison, born in Waynesboro, Wayne Co. MS August 8, 1955.
D. Lamar Harrison, born in Laurel, Jones Co. MS October 13, 1960. Married September 6, 1985, Kay Lavone Housden. Two children:
a. Ryan Lamar Harrison, born in Harrisburg, VA on September 4, 1986.
b. Bethany Kay Harrison, born May 13, 1988, Waynesboro, Wayne Co., MS.
Daisy Fendley, daughter of Charles and Caroline Fendley, was born in Coffeeville September 7, 1885; died in Jackson December 30, 1973. Married October 14, 1903 in Coffeeville, Simmy Ovirten Deas, born in Coffeeville February 8, 1880; died there February 16, 1948. Simmy was the son of George Washington Deas and Rebecca Cox. Daisy and her husband are buried at New Prospect Baptist Church, Coffeeville.
Daisy and Virt had nine children, all born in Coffeeville.
1. Oscar Lee Deas, born July 28, 1904; died July 17, 1969. Buried in New Prospect Cemetery, Coffeeville. Never married.
2. Nathan Cortez Deas, born October 29, 1905; died February 9, 1989. Buried at Jones Chapel Cemetery, Coffeeville. Nathan married on December 27, 1925, Emma Lee Jones, daughter of Owen Taylor Jones and Lonnie Harris. Emma Lee was born in Coffeeville May 6, 1908. Two daughters:
A. Barbara Elizabeth Deas, born may 24, 1928; died February 21, 1987. Never married.
B. Lila Jean Deas, born March 3, 1931, Coffeeville. Married on August 31, 1950, Robert C. Glover, Jr. They have one daughter.
a. Donna Jean Glover, born in Grove Hill on August 3, 1952. She married on August 8, 1974, William Wesley Shaner.
3. Tossie Rae Deas, third child of Daisy and Virt Deas, was born October 12, 1907. married December 20, 1925, Norman Anderson. They had one son.
A. Charles Donald Anderson, born July 17, 1929, in Coffeeville. Married Jimmie Lee Fendley on Septemer 13, 1954. one son:
a. Charles Donald Anderson, Jr., born July 10, 1955. Married Betsy Challis VanDuyne on March 25, 1984. Two children:
(1) Laura Lee Anderson, born May 25, 1985.
(2) Charles Samuel Anderson, born January 13, 1987.
4. Cecil Wert Deas, fourth child of Daisy and Virt Deas, was born January 9, 1909. Married June 19, 1940, Lena Hazel Hicks, born January 30, 1920, the daughter of Edward Ferman Hicks and Hattie Berrey Wilson. Three children:
a. Cecil Edward Deas, born May 3, 1941, Montgomery. Married Edwina Bishop July 5, 1969. Bud and Edwina have three children and live in Hartland, Wisconsin.
(1) Julie Elaine Deas, born May 4, 1972.
(2) Jonathan Edward Deas, born October 13, 1973.
(3) Joseph Anthony Deas, born May 22, 1978.
b. Charles Milton Deas, born March 4, 1945, Montgomery. Died February 11, 1971.
c. Cindy Lorena Deas, born in Biloxi, Harrison County, MS on August 7, 1959. Married David Llewellyn Pinkson on September 2, 1989.
5. Versie Mae Deas, daughter of Daisy Fendley and Virt Deas, was born on October 5, 1910. Married February 7, 1931, Robert Clinton Montgomery, born March 25, 1908, Coker, AL, the son of William Robert Montgomery and Elizabeth Wheat. Versie and Robert had two sons:
A. Alvin Eugene Montgomery, born December 17, 1931, in Coffeeville. He was married on January 20, 1956 to Fay Bedwell. They have one son.
a. Alvin Eugene Montgomery, Jr., born in Mobile on January 9, 1962. He married Allyson Anne Waters on February 11, 1984.
B. Charles Arnold Montgomery, born in Coffeeville on December 29, 1936. Married first on August 1, 1959 to Shirley McDuffie and they had three daughters, all born in Mobile. Shirley is deceased.
a. Katherine Ann Montgomery, born June 8, 1960. She married Jack D. Friley on December 19, 1987. They have a son.
(1) Nicholas Friley
b. Rebecca Montgomery, born January 2, 1962. She married Samuel Rivas, Jr. on February 25, 1984. They have three daughters, all born in Mobile.
(1) Emilee Rebekah Rivas, born September 10,1984.
(2) Sara Amanda Rivas, born April 21, 1986.
(3) Abby Mae Rivas
c. Kimberly Sue Montgomery, born April 27, 1971.
After the death of his first wife, Charles married Kathryn Weiss on December 2, 1978, and they have two children, both born in Mobile.
d. Joy Elizabeth Montgomery, born June 4, 1984.
e. David Weiss Montgomery, born September 26, 1988.
6. Iola Deas, third daughter and sixth child of Daisy and Virt Deas, was born February 19, 1914. Married June 20, 1935, Skipworth Cole Robinson, born September 18, 1908 in Coffeeville, Clarke County, Alabama, the son of Cole Robinson and Jeanette Woodham. Skip died January 26, 1972, and is buried in Thomasville. Iola and Skip had two sons and two daughters, all born in Thomasville.
A. Gloria Faye Robinson was born September 11, 1936. Married Robert Lewis Graham on March 14, 1956.
a. Robert Lewis Graham, Jr., born March 14, 1966. He married Susan McCorkle on June 16, 1988.
b. Robin Leigh Graham, born November 26, 1971.
B. Jerry Franklin Robinson, born January 4, 1941. He married Maxine Slade on August 15, 1962.
a. Judy Robinson, born September 25, 1963. Married to ? Mott.
b. Angie Robinson, born October 14, 1965.
c. Kerry Sue Robinson, born August 26, 1967.
d. Debbie Robinson, born October 16, 1972.
e. Frank Robinson, born February 21, 1976.
C. Glenn Clark Robinson, born March 8, 1946. Married Kathy Larrimore on June 1, 1966. Two children:
a. Rebecca Susan Robinson, born May 17, 1968.
b. Mitchell Cole Robinson, born January 16, 1972.
D. Linda Jeanette Robinson, born December 3, 1949. She married Joe Frank Stewart, Jr. on August 23,1968. Two children:
a. Tammy Elizabeth Stewart, born November 6, 1970.
b. Joseph Skipworth Stewart, born June 11, 1972.
7. Gilmer Davis Deas, fourth son and seventh child of Daisy and Virt Deas, was born November 30, 1915. Married March 13, 1937, Lucille Morgan, born April 22, 1920, the daughter of Frank and Geneva Morgan. Gilmer and his wife have two children, both born in Coffeeville.
A. Davis Deas, born December 12, 1941.
B. Alton Deas, born November 11, 1946.
8. Dorothy Grey Deas, fourth daughter and eighth child of Daisy and Virt Deas, was born April 10, 1921. Married on September 18, 1937, McLean Walker.
A. Stan Walker; wife's name is Carolyn.
B. Kathleen Walker; married a Garrett.
C. Dwight Walker; wife's name is Jo.
D. Virginia Walker; married Jimmy Deas.
E. Douglas Walker; married Betsy Boone.
9. Thomas Earl Deas, fifth son and last child of Daisy and Virt Deas, was born August 28, 1925. Married at West
Bend, AL on January 20, 1945, Daisy Kathleen Bumpers, born January 16, 1926, at Salitpa, AL, the daughter of A. G. Bumpers and Daisy Truitt. Two children:
A. Beverly Ann Deas, born in Grove Hill August 31, 1949. Married June 1, 1969, Henry Ott. Two children:
a. Thomas M. Ott
b. Henry Merritt Ott
B. Thomas Earl Deas, Jr., born in Jackson February 10, 1962. Married on September 27, 1985, Nancy Hammonds.
a. Thomas Earl Deas, III
Picture: Clockwise from Dorothy Deas Walker, seated in front: Cecil Deas,
Versie Deas Montgomery, Iola Deas Robinson, Gilmer Deas, Tossie
Deas Anderson, Tom Deas.
Children of Daisy Fendley and Virt Deas
CAROLINE LORAINE FENDLEY
Caroline "Carrie" Loraine Fendley, daughter of Charlie Fendley and Nancy Caroline Kennedy, was born October 1, 1889 and died on July 7, 1938. Married on September 1, 1907, Grover Cleveland Bedsole, born February 8, 1888 and died June 16, 1940. Grover was the son of Roxanna Ott and Bedsole.
Carrie and Grover are buried at Thomaston, Marengo County,Al. Their four older children were born at Campbell, Clarke County, and the youngest at Thomaston, Marengo County, AL.
1. Leo Fendley Bedsole was born September 28, 1908 and died January 2, 1967 at Campbell. He is buried at Thomaston. He married August 17, 1930 in Thomaston, Gladys Ann Parker, born November 9, 1911, the daughter of William Walter Parker and Emma Flowers. Gladys resides in Greensboro, Al. She and Leo had three children.
A. Leo Fendley Bedsole, Jr., born at Thomaston June 12, 1931. He married on August 1, 1956, Joan Hunt and they have three children.
a. Janice Lynn Bedsole, who is married to Roger Edward Bailey.
b. Shirley Gail Bedsole, who is married to Rod Eric Hughes. They have one child:
(1) Emily Jane Hughes.
c. Michael Glen Bedsole
B. Betty Jo Bedsole, born December 27, 1933; married Gene Henniger on October 14, 1955. They have two children.
a. David Allen Henninger, who married Regina Crabb.
b. Nicholas Scott Henninger, who married Sonya Hilburn. They have three children.
(1) Alica Henninger
(2) Nicholas Henninger
(3) Byron Henninger
C. Kennith Lane Bedsole, last child of Leo and Gladys, was born November 23, 1954, in Tuscaloosa. He died the next day.
2. Cortez "Ted" Taft Bedsole, second child of Carrie and Grover Bedsole, was born January 19, 1910. Married Nettie Jean Schroeder, born June 9, 1917, daughter of Ida Virginia Cannon and Arthur Charles Schroeder. Ted and Jean, who reside in Sheffield, AL, have three sons, all born in Thomaston, Marengo County, AL.
A. Billy Clarke Bedsole, born June 2, 1937; married June 2, 1962, Grace G. Rosecrans. They have two children:
a. Heather Jean Bedsole, born February 7, 1964, Newport, Rhode Island. She married Dave Beamon and they have one child.
(1) Broc Neal Beamon, born April 23, 1986.
b. Hope Alice Bedsole, born May 9, 1969, Jacksonville, North Carolina.
B. Jerry Paul Bedsole, born March 28, 1940; married on December 30, 1970, Rosetta C. McIntyre. They have three sons, all born in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, where Jerry and Rosetta are Baptist missionaries.
a. Paul David Bedsole, born November 2, 1971.
b. Phillip Daniel Bedsole, born February 12, 1973.
C. Peter Martin Bedsole, born February 14, 1975.
C. James Arthur Bedsole, third child of Jean and Ted Bedsole, was born October 29, 1941; married March 20, 1965, Judith Ellen Ogletree. They have three children, all born in Sheffield, where they reside.
a. Charles Timothy Bedsole, born February 14, 1966.
b. Ellen Virginia Bedsole, born May 4, 1968.
C. Jonathan Paul Bedsole, born September 22, 1970.
3. Grace Edwina Bedsole, third child of Carrie and Grover Bedsole, was born June 28, 1915; died March 13, 1975.
She married Jack Oscar Townsend, born March 3, 1906, Little Rock, Arkansas; he died August 10,1979, Birmingham, AL. Grace and Jack were buried at Thomaston. They had two children, both born in Birmingham.
a. Jack Oscar Townsend, Jr., born January 23, 1939. Married on April 11, 1958, Judy A. Cook.
b. Mary Jane Townsend; no further information.
4. Lyman Bedsole, fourth child of Carrie and Ted Bedsole, was born July 28, 1918; died April 2, 1975 in Grove Hill, AL. He was married on July 16, 1938, in Thomaston, Marengo County, AL to Vera Fendley, born in Coffeeville on September 3, 1921. Vera was the daughter of Eddie Clayton Fendley and Hessie Lee Roberts. Eddie was the son of Charlie Howard Fendley and Evie Dunagan (see chapter on Charlie Howard Fendley above).
After the death of her husband, Vera married Louis E. "Tut" Robinson. They reside near Grove Hill.
Lyman and Vera had two children:
A. Infant, unnamed, born and died April 17, 1940,Thomaston, Marengo Co, AL.
B. Carolyn Faye Bedsole, born in Butler, Choctaw County, AL on August 31, 1941. Married June 7, 1959, Walter Wayne Williamson. They have two children, both born in Mobile. Carolyn and Wayne live in Wilmer, AL.
a. Barbara Agnes Williamson, born April 10, 1960. She married Ricky Alan Jennings on February 2, 1990.
b. Michael Wayne Williamson, born August 28, 1962. He married on June 25, 1988, at Dixons Mill, AL, Theresa Lee Norris. They live at Athens, AL and Mike is employed by Intergraph, Huntsville.
5. James Lane Bedsole, last child of Carrie and Grover Bedsole, was born at Thomaston, Marengo County, AL on January 6, 1921. He died February 1, 1941.
SOURCES FOR NANCY CAROLINE KENNEDY
Marriage Records of Clarke County, Alabama
Clarke County, Alabama Census Records
Cemetery records and tombstones
Personal family knowledge
Conversations with family members
Family Group Sheets completed by family members
Site Navigator: Select a page from the drop down list below and click "Go".
Ancestors and Kin: © Copyright by Mary Kennedy Reynolds, 1991
© Portions Copyright 1978-1999 D. Larrimore. All
rights reserved by respective owners.