St. François Xavier One Place Study
Welcome to the St. François Xavier One Place Study!
(Last updated 5 September 2013.) I haven't made much progress in the last year, due to going back to school, planning a wedding, and generally just having way too much on my plate. However, I'm hoping to get back into transcribing some of the early parish records this winter. In addition, I want to go through all the censuses and get every family up on WikiTree.
My long-term goals are the following:
- Transcribe all 100+ years of available parish records.
- Create profiles on WikiTree for all people appearing in the parish records and censuses. (These profiles will be connected in the tree and also categorised in Category: St. François Xavier, Manitoba.)
- Collect as much information as possible on the history of St. François Xavier.
Some records, namely the censuses, are already easily available online, and are therefore low on my list of priorities. Here is a guide to where you can access these resources:
- 1881 Census: Set province=Manitoba, district number=186, and sub-district number=J to search only within St. François Xavier.
- 1891 Census: Set province=Manitoba and sub-district=St Francois Xavier to search only within St. François Xavier.
- 1901 Census: Scroll down to near the bottom. There are five enumeration districts for St. François Xavier: N-1 to N-5.
- 1906 Census (also contains Pigeon Lake parish)
- 1911 Census
- 1916 Census (not transcribed)
- Vital Records: Enter St Francois Xavier as the Place (City).