30 April 1787
Release for 20 years by the Rev. Edward Vigors, Burgage, Co. Carlow to John and William Bernard of Ballynabooly.
29 Oct. 1813
Renewal of a lease for 20 years to William Bernard, Gayvill and Arthur Bernard, Carlow town of
From the Family and Estate papers of the Cliffe / Vigors families
From the Burton Papers:
Also recites details of lease dated 1 August 1784 made between Philip Bernard, Carlow, esquire, and William Bernard, Carlow, esquire, in respect of part of the lands known as Major Columbine's land near the town of Carlow and containing 4 acres, 2 roods and 25 perches. Bounded on the east by Robert Rothe's land, on the west by the land of Henry Rudkin, esquire, on the north by the turnpike road from Carlow to Castledermot and on the south-east by the lands of Thomas Delany and William Elliott. Lease to run for three lives with covenant for perpetual renewal. Annual rent of 3 guineas per acre.
Also recites details of lease dated 30 August 1789 made between John Hamilton and James Hamilton, city of Dublin, esquires, of one part, and William Bernard, of the other part, in respect of part of the lands of Crossnee, barony of Slievmaragah (Slievemargy), Queen's county (Laois), containing 146 acres, 2 roods and 26 perches plantation measure. Lease to run for three named lives or 61 years, whichever lasts longer. Annual rent of £1.15.0 late Irish currency per acre.