George Grayson (28 May 1809- Jan 1875). George was a cordwainer and lived first in Scopwick and later in nearby Metheringham. (A cordwainer is somebody who makes shoes and other articles from fine soft leather). He ended his life in an asylum at Bracebridge, Lincs.
George was married 24-Sep-1833 in Branston to Ann Sharp (b. 1815). Children:
- Ann Grayson. (1836 - Identified as an Imbecile in the 1841 Census -
living with brother Charles);
- William Samuel Grayson - 1841 in Kirby Green; Married Sarah Jane
Norton in 1866. Died in Wellingore 1920. He was a grocer and a draper. Children:
- Agnes P. Grayson 1867. Married Michael Wilson
- Alphauss Ernest Grayson. 1870. Married Rose Ellen Borrows in 1897.
Ernest Grayson b. 1899
- David Grayson born1930.
- John Charles Alfred Grayson 1874-1945. Married 1900 Sarah E Mellors.
- Bertha Abigail Grayson 1901(married Walter Bailey) ;
- Edith Grayson 1903-1997;
- Leonora Minnie Grayson 1905-1994;
- Stanley Samuel Grayson M.B.E 1907-1987;
- Gertrude Grayson 1910.
- William Theophilus Grayson 1877-1953. Married Martha Hennell. Son
- William E. Grayson 1900.
- Sarah Abigail Lamb Grayson born 1880
- George Thomas Grayson born 21 sep 1886-7 Feb 1971
- Caroline Grayson (1845) in Scopwick
- John Grayson (1850) and
- Charles Alford Grayson b. 1854 in Metheringham, Lincs. Married in
1876 Elizabeth Norton (1853-1882). (Elizabeth
Norton was the sister of Sarah Jane Norton who married William Samuel Grayson).
- Edith C. Grayson born 1878 and
- Erich E. Grayson born 1881.
Elizabeth (Norton) Grayson died in 1882 and Charles re-married in 1885 to Mary Ann Picking. She died a year later. In 1887 Charles married Caroline Charlotte Hartley. They had 3 children:
- Phoebe Grayson born 1889;
- Bertha Grayson born 1891she married Walter Bailey;
- Florence Grayson born 1892.
Back to Back to William Grayson (Sr.)