There are two Rabson connections to the Oylers of Kent:
John Rabson (parents: Thomas and Dorothy) married Mary Barnaby in Ticehurst around 1776. They had 6 children:
- Elizabeth Rabson Oct 28th 1778 (married George Oyler),
- John Rabson 1780,
- Barnabas Rabson1781-1857,
- William Rabson 1782,
- Sarah Rabson1784.
In 1787 John Rabson (farmer) is named as the father of a bastard child by Sarah Weller (single woman) of Ticehurst. (Ref: National Archives)
After Mary Rabson died John (widower) then married Mary Noakes (a widow) in 1792 and had 5 more children:
- Sophia Rabson 1793, married Samuel Oyler July 28th 1814,
- Fredrick Rabson 1794,
- Richard Henry Rabson 1796 - 1867
- Harriet Rabson 1798
- Gilford Vinall Rabson 1800.