Mary (Margaret) GORDON
- Born: 1835, Rosshire, Scotland 394,395,396
- Christened: 19 Nov 1835, Contin, Ross and Cromarty 397
- Marriage: Thomas Rofs McLEAN on 5 Feb 1857 in Inverbroom Cottage, Lochbroom, County of Ross, Scotland 383
- Died: 11 Oct 1883, Townsville, Queensland at age 48 398
• Mary Gordon is recorded as residing at Garve, in the parish of Contin, at the date of her marriage to Thomas McLean on 5 February 1857.
• Mary married Thomas on Thursday 5th February 1857, in Inverbroom Cottage, Lochbroom, County of Ross and Cromarty.
• Mary is recorded as being Congregational.
• Mary's details, as recorded by the Burial Register, show that she was born in Scotland, her religion was Congregational.
Her cause of death was "fever".
Mary was recorded as living in South Townsville.
• Mary is buried at the West End Pioneer Cemetery with her husband and son, Kenneth.
Her headstone reads:
THOMAS ROSS McLEAN
who died 25 Decr. 1882. Aged 52 years
his beloved wife
who died 11 Oct 1883
aged 48 years.
May they rest in peace.
Also their beloved son
who died 7 Feby. 1896
aged 38 years.
• Mary died of typhoid fever.
Mary married Thomas Rofs McLEAN, son of Kenneth McLEAN and Margaret ROSS, on 5 Feb 1857 in Inverbroom Cottage, Lochbroom, County of Ross, Scotland.383 (Thomas Rofs McLEAN was born circa 1829 385, christened on 20 Sep 1829 in Ross and Cromarty, Scotland 386 and died on 25 Dec 1882 in Townsville, Queensland 387.)