1914 Leix All
Ireland Hurling Finalists.
At the back in the centre is my late father, Tim Hyland.
Unfortunately they were hammered by Clare. The following year they won
the final and Tim was dropped.
- Back Row: Ned McEvoy, Joe Carroll, Jack Finlay, Fr. J.
Kearney, Tim Hyland
- Middle Row: J. Moylan, Bill Leniham, Bob O'Keeffe, Har
Jones, Tom Finlay, J. Higgins, Paddy Lee.
- Front Row: J. Hiney, Jack Daly, Jack Carroll (capt.),
(Bob O'Keefe in the picture
was Chairman of the G.A.A. - 1924 to 1935.)
Leix Senior Hurling
- Front Row: Jack Walsh (Ballygeehan), Jon Phelan
(The Castle, Ballygeehan), Joe Carrol (Kilcotton), Jack Caroll
(Kilcotton) Jack Conroy (Portlaoise), Michael Campion (Clonmean), Jim
Bannon (Skirk, Borris-in-Ossory),
- Standing: Bob O'Keeffe
(Borris-in-Ossory), Denis Neill, Jack Campion (Knockaroo, Kilcotton),
Jack Daly (Rathdowney), Fint Kileen (Kilbricken), Tom Finlay
(Ballygeehan), Paddy Kelly (Kilcotton), James Carroll (Kilcotton), Tim
Hyland, (Borris-in-Ossory), Joe Eagen (Borris-in-Ossory),
Junior Football Champions, 1918
- Back: Jack O'Hara, Tom Holland, Dan Bergin, Mick
- Middle: John Kavanagh, Joe Bergin, Tim Hyland, Joe Byrne, Mick
Holland, Joe Dooley.
- Front: Martin Crennan, Tom O'Riordan (capt), Ber
Brennan, Matt Carroll, Jim Crennan.
- (The photo was taken in Cuddagh and
the little boy on the left was Matt Carroll's nephew Jack
- Team colours were Red with White sash.
The Laois / Leinster
Final Panel 1949
The Laois Team v
Kilkenny Leinster Final 1949.
- Back Row: Harry Gray, Paddy Kelly,
Paddy O'Brien, Liam White, Timmy Fitzpatrick, Jackie Bergin,
Kevin Hyland, Timmy Hyland.
- Centre: Billy Bohane, Paddy Hogan, Joe
Styles, Paddy Ruschitzko (Capt), Toma Byrne, Peter Fitzpatrick,
Jack Donovan, Archie Ring, Paddy Lalor.
- Front: Billy Dargan, Paddy McCormac,
Others in the photo: Sean
Barrett, Paddy Campion, Malachy Kelly, Paddy Farrell, Dinny Forde, Lar
Brady, Billy O'Neill, Dan Kerry & Bobby Taylor.
Source of image: By kind permission of Bill Hyland
Please report any images or links which do not open to
- The information contained in these
pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with
others researching their ancestors in Ireland.
- © MICHAEL
BRENNAN July 2001-All rights reserved