Back to Our Family
The earliest Wichmann ancestor that I have information on is Johann Wichmann, dates and places unknown.
His son master tailor Karl Dietrich Wichmann (the elder) married Scharlotte Bernken and their children include:
A) Karl Dietrich Wichmann, born at Lychen in 1790; died at Gransee, 2 November 1857. Family
B) Rogina Sophie Wichmann, born 1792. No more information.
C) Johann Christian Wichmann, born 13 October 1796, died in Indiana. Family
Photos of Lychen Photos of Gransee
FAMILY OF KARL DIETRICH WICHMANN
Karl Dietrich Wichmann, master tailor
- son of master-tailor Karl Dietrich Wichmann (the elder) and Scharlotte Bernken of Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- born 1790 at Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- died 2 November 1857 at Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg
married Wilhelmine Dorothea Sophia Roemer.
Their children include:
- 1. Ferdinand Theodor Wilhelm Wichmann
- born 1819, Brandenburg, died 1889, Fort Wayne, Indiana. See details below
- 2. Auguste Charlotte Wichmann,
- born 3 September 1821, Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg.
- married Wilhelm F. Schack lived in Cincinnati in 1850, Fort Wayne in 1880.
- 3. Wilhelm Julius Ludwig Wichmann,
- born 1 April 1823, Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg. No more details known.
- 4. Caroline Louise Wilhelmine Wichmann,
- born 18 April 1825, Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg
- 5. Theodor August Julius Wichmann,
- born 1826, Brandenburg, died 1894, Freistadt, Wisconsin. See details below.
- 6. Adolph Albert Julius Wichmann,
- born 28 September 1828, Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg. No more details known.
FAMILY OF FERDINAND WICHMANN
- 1. Ferdinand Theodor Wilhelm Wichmann
of Fort Wayne, Indiana
- born 19 November 1819, Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg
- died 30 October 1889, Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana
- married in Cincinnati, Ohio to
Caroline Klemens, born about 1827 in Prussia, died between 1870 and 1880.
In Fort Wayne in the 1860 census, Ferdinand and Carolina lived in the same dwelling with Ferdinand's uncle and aunt, J. Christian and A. Dorothea Wichmann and their son Albert and his family. Ferdinand and Christian were listed as tailors at 241 East Washington in the Fort Wayne City directory of 1861-62.
Ferdinand and Caroline's children include:
A. Johanna, born about 1856 in Ohio. Listed as the housekeeper in the 1880 census.
B. John T., born 1857 in Ohio, died 1932, buried in Fort Wayne
- married about 1883 to Carrie K., last name unknown, born 1858 in New York, died 1928
- lived at 1028 Walter Street, Fort Wayne
John and Caroline are buried at Concordia Cemetery in Fort Wayne.
C. Theodor, born 1859 in Indiana
1) Estelle Wilhelmine Elisabeth Wichmann
- born 24 December 1892, Indiana
- died July 1972
- married about 1900 to Christian Meierding, born about 1877, Indiana
Son James C. Meierding, born 11 November 1917, Indiana, died 1 August 1994. Had lived in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
2) Elmer Wichmann, born about 1903
D. Ferdinand E.,
born about 1862, Indiana, died between 1920 and 1930
- married about 1884 to Mary B. last name unknown, born about 1861 in Ohio
- lived at 916 Liberty, Fort Wayne. Children:
1) Esther M. Wichmann, born about 1887, Indiana
E. Agnes, born about 1868 in Indiana
2) Lawrence J. Wichmann, born 8 June 1892, died July 1975
F. Adolph, born about 1870 in Indiana
- married about 1901 to Anna F. born about 1878, Indiana
- lived in Fort Wayne; in 1910 at 1011 Madison Street and in 1930 at 1135 Lewis Street
Son Robert Wichmann, born 10 February 1901, Indiana, died December 1984
FAMILY of Rev. THEODOR WICHMANN
of Cincinnati, Farmers Retreat and Freistadt
- 5. Theodor August Julius Wichmann,
- born 15 Aug 1826, Gransee, Kr. Rupin, Brandenburg
- baptized 20 Aug 1826, Gransee
- died 3 September 1894, Freistadt, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
- married 6 September 1849, Cincinnati, Ohio to his cousin
Emilie Dorothea Wichmann, widow, and daughter of J. Christian Wichmann
- born 26 October 1827, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- baptized 11 November 1827, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- died 27 December 1909, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
Theodor and Emilie are buried at Trinity cemetery, Freistadt, Wisconsin Photo
Theodor was a pastor in Cincinnati from 1848; while there he performed the marriages of his brother Ferdinand and Caroline Klemens, and his cousin (and sister-in-law) Louise Wichmann to Rev. Fredrick Ottmann.
He served congregations in Cincinnati, 1848-1859; Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana, 1859-1881; and Freistadt, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, 1881-1894.
According to Theodor's obituary which appeared in Der Lutheraner, in September 1894, Emilie was widowed, and she and Theodor were engaged before she arrived in the US with her parents.
In 1900 Emilie was living with the William and (her daughter) Laura Schoessow family in Germantown, Wis.
Children: Scroll down for details on each family.
A. Emile Pauline Louise Wichmann, married Gottlob BRACHER
B. Magdalena Anna Wichmann, married Gerhard Henry DROEGE
C. Theodor Friedrich Johannes Wichmann, married Sophia GRIEVE
D. Hannah Otillia Wichmann, married Henry KLUG
E. Laura Dorothy Wichmann, married William Samuel G. SCHOESSOW
F. Lydia Elizabeth Wichmann, died in infancy
G. Louise Catherine Albertina Wichmann, married Richard Ernst TRUELZSCH
H. Henry Gottlob Wichmann
I. Albertine Christiane Wichmann, married Carl Edward SCHNEIDER
J. Carl Julius Wichmann,
K. Martha Louis Johanna Wichmann,
L. Martin Paul Wichmann, married Martha UHLIG
- A. Emile Pauline Louise Wichmann, born in Cincinnati, Ohio
- married 25 Aug 1870, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John Lutheran Church to Gottlob BRACHER
Their marriage is recorded in the church books of St. John Lutheran in Farmers Retreat, Indiana, but I have been unable to find them in census or death records.
- B. Magdalena Anna Wichmann, born 6 May 1855, Cincinnati, Hamilton county, Ohio
- died 13 January 1928, Indiana
- married 12 September 1878, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John Lutheran Church to
Gerhard Henry Droege, born 20 February 1854, Dearborn County, Indiana
- died 11 September 1897, Indiana.
- Martin Henry Theodore Droege, born 17 June 1884, Aurora, Dearborn County, Indiana
- Carl Herman Droege, born 21 August 1887, Aurora, Dearborn County, Indiana
- organ builder and tuner, then furniture store manager in Seymour, Jackson County, Indiana
- married 19 July 1913, Seymour, Indiana, to
Alma Heideman, born about 1887 in Indiana
- Olga D. Droege, born about 1915, Indiana
- Bernice Droege, born about 1919, Indiana; not of 1930 census, so perhaps she died before then.
- Clara Emelie Elisabeth Droege, born 12 July 1889, Aurora, Dearborn County, Indiana
- died 13 February 1977, having lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Martha Hannah Louise Droege,
- 29 November 1890, Aurora, Dearborn County, Indiana
- died 6 July 1891.
- Frieda Dorothea Droege, born 21 March 1893, Aurora, Dearborn, Indiana
- died 6 November 1963, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- married 21 September 1918, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, to
- John August Kurz, born 26 July 1894, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- died 14 December 1974, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- C. Theodor Friedrich Johannes Wichmann
- born 27 December 1856, Cincinnati, Ohio
- confirmed 1870, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John Lutheran
- died 14 October 1911, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- married 12 September 1878, Farmers Retreat, St. John Lutheran Church to
Sophia Grieve. They had 14 children.
Teacher in Farmers Retreat, Indiana, in 1880; in Milwaukee in 1900 and 1910. Sophie was living with daughter Irma Suelflow in Mequon, Wisconsin, in 1930.
- Emilie Dorothea Catharin Wichmann
- born 04 February 1880, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 15 February 1880, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- married Edward Crabtree, lived in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, 1910.
In 1920, Emily, divorced, and the boys were in Milwaukee where she was a seamstress.
- John Crabtree, born about 1906, Wisconsin
- Clayton Crabtree, born about 1908, Wisconsin
- Theodore J. Wichmann
- born 25 June 1881, White Creek, Indiana
- died 18 December 1960, Crete, Will County, Illinois
- married about 1905 to
Alma M. H. J. Harloff, daughter of August and Johanna Harloff
- born 1886, in Illinois
- died 1970
Theodore was a Lutheran teacher, taught in Joplin, Missouri, La Grange, Chicago, and Crete, Illinois. Both he and Alma are buried at the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery in Crete, Will County, Illinois.
- Eleanora A. S. Wichmann, born 6 November 1906, Illinois
- died 8 June 2002, having resided in Drasco, Cleburne County, Arkansas
- married Mr. Staschke and then Mr. Duensing
Was survived by a son and a daughter.
- Wilbert Wichmann, born 4 April 1910, Illinois
- died March 1976, having lived in Crete, Will County, Illinois
- married Living
- Werner Wichmann, born 23 November 1917, Crete, Illinois
- died 22 October 2005, Freeport, Stephenson County, Illinois
Werner was a Lutheran teacher; survived by his widow and four sons.
- Adolph Otto Emil Wichmann
- born 09 February 1884, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 24 February 1884, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- worked as buttermaker in Germantown, Wisconsin in 1900
Perhaps this is the Otto E. Wichmann, married to Emily (last name unknown) who worked as a buttermaker and then manager of a cream station in Iowa - in Hampton, Franklin County, then in Tipton, Cedar County, and in Belle Plaine in Benton County, 1910, 1920 and 1930, respectively.
Children: Marcella, Wesley, Arlene, Theodor E.
- Erich Louis Lorenz Wichmann
- born 24 May 1885, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 31 May 1885, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- farm laborer in Mequon, Wisconsin, 1900
- Oskar Carl Heinrich Wichmann
- born 04 Apr 1887, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 17 Apr 1887, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- died 16 Aug 1887, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- Oscar Friedrich Gerhard Wichmann
- born 1 Jul 1888, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 15 Jul 1888, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- married Minnie ---, born about 1897 in Illinois
Oscar was a salesman in Chicago, Illinois, 1930
- Elmer Wichmann, born about 1924, Illinois
- Martin Wilhelm Hermann Wichmann
- born 25 October 1889, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 25 October 1889, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- died before 1930
- married Irene --- born about 1893, Wisconsin
Pastor in Cannon Falls, Minnesota, 1920
- Ronald Wichman,
- Donald Wichman,
- Delores Wichman,
Irene, widowed, and Delores were in Milwaukee at the time of the 1930 census, and Irene was working as a drapery sewer in a department store.
- Twins, born and died 20 February 1891, Freistadt, Wisconsin
- Gertrude Martha Sophie Wichmann
- born 08 June 1892, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 19 June 1892, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
In Milwaukee in 1910
- Stella Lucia Alwine Wichmann
- born 16 August 1893, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 27 August 1893, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- died 6 September 1893, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- Lorenz/Lawrence R. W. Wichmann
- born May 1896
Auditor in Chicago, lived with brother Oscar in 1930.
- Walther Paul Waldemar Wichmann
- born 07 September 1898, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- baptized 19 September 1898, Freistadt, Ozaukee, Wisconsin
- married Ella (Unknown)
Worked in shoe factory in Milwaukee, 1920
- Irma M. A. Wichmann
- born about 1901, Wisconsin
- died 1942
- married 1) Mr. Seifert
- married 2) Paul Suelflow
Esther Seifert, born about 1922, Wisconsin
Paul Suelflow Jr., born about 1928, Wisconsin
- D. Hannah Otillia Wichmann
- born 1 January 1859, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 9 January 1859, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- confirmed 1872, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- married 18 July 1883 Ozaukee County, Wisconsin, to
Henry Klug, born September 1856, Wisconsin.
- Eleanora Klug, born January 1885, Wisconsin
- Elga Klug, born July 1887, Wisconsin
- Hannah Klug, born February 1888, Wisconsin
- E. Laura Dorothy Wichmann
- born 08 Aug 1860, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 09 January 1859, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- confirmed 1873, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- died 1913
- married 14 October 1888, Freistadt, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
William Samuel G. Schoessow, born March 1863, Wisconsin
- died 1953.
William owned a creamery in Germantown, Wisconsin
- Estella Schoessow, born June 1889, Wisconsin
- Thea Schoessow, born February 1891, Wisconsin
- F. Lydia Elizabeth Wichmann
- born 16 February 1862, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 02 March 1862, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- died 21 May 1863, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- G. Louise Catherine Albertina Wichmann
- born 02 October 1863, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 04 October 1863, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- confirmed 1876, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- died about 25 October 1951, Cleveland, Ohio
- married 2 October 1887, Freistadt, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin to
Richard Ernst TRUELZSCH, b 04 Jun 1864, Planitz, Saxony
- died 15 March 1952, Cleveland, Ohio
Richard was a Lutheran pastor who served in Wayne and Macomb counties, Michigan; Maple Heights, Ohio (near Cleveland) and Preble, Adams County, Indiana
- Clara Truelsch, born 1890, Michigan
- died 7 September 1969, Ravenna, Portage County, Ohio
- married about 1919 to
Reinhold Herman Scibbe, 7 April 1894, Germany
- died 9 July 1966, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
Reinhold was a carpenter. He and Clara had 6 children
- Walter Truelsch, born 1892, Michigan
- died before 1951. Was an instructor at an auto factory in Detroit
- Gerhard J. Truelsch, born 22 July 1894, Michigan
- died 2 January 1969, Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- married Minnie C. Zilch, born 18 Aug 1895
- died 12 November 1986, had lived in Euclid, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
One child: Elaine M. Truelsch born 20 July 1917, died 9 February 1998
Married Gordon Hyde, and had 2 sons.
- Waldemar Theodore Truelsch, born 1897 Michigan
- died 2 August 1939, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- married 1) about 1916 to
Alvina M. C. Rohlfing, born 4 February 1896, died 3 November 1917
Marvin Henry Truelsch 6 August 1916, died 22 July 1995
Waldemar married 2) 2 August 1939 in Cleveland to
- married 20 Apr 1940 in Cleveland to
Viola Kathryn Zacharias born 1917, died 28 Mar 2004, Ohio
Milda Scibbe, born 16 August 1897, Germany, died 9 January 1990, Cuyahoga county, Ohio. Children include
- Theodore Truelsch, born about 1922, died 7 February 1944
- Robert Truelsch,, born about 1924, Ohio
- Shirley Grace Truelsch, born about 1927, Ohio, married Sulo Niemi
- Tebea L. Truelsch, born 23 Sep 1898, Michigan
- died 27 Jun 1979, Cleveland, Ohio
- married about 1919 to
John A. Rode, born about 1894, Ohio, died 19 September 1967, Cleveland, Ohio.
- Renate Truelsch, born 1900, Michigan
- died 28 May 1961, Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio
- Amanda L. Truelsch, born 28 February 1902, Michigan
- died May 1986, having resided in Florida
- married James A. Knost and Mr. Forbes
- Hedwig Truelsch, born 1904, Michigan, married Mr. Dyble
- Adelaide Truelsch, born 24 March 1906, Michigan
- died 20 June 1978, Hesperia, San Bernardino County, California
- married Mr. Knapp.
- H. Henry Gottlob Wichmann,
- born 16 September 1865, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 1 October 1865, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John Lutheran
- confirmed 1979. No more information.
- I. Albertine Christiane Wichmann
- born 17 April 1868, Farmers Retreat, Indiana
- baptized 10 May 1868, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John Lutheran
- married 2 October 1892, Freistadt, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin to
Edward Carl Schneider,
- born 3 October 1862, Freistadt, Ozaukee County, Wisconsin
- Henrietta Martha Schneider, born August 1893, Wisconsin
- died 1 January 1972, Los Angeles, California
- married about 1925 to Alfred Krueger, born about 1893, Wisconsin
- Adele "Della" Elsie Schneider, born December 1894, Wisconsin
- married about 1917 to Ernst W. Ebert, born 10 December 1893, Wisconsin
- died March 1976, having lived in Milwaukee
Ernst Ebert was a parochial school teacher in Milwaukee
Children include Herbert Ebert
- Carl Edward Schneider, born 22 March 1896, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- died 13 June 1963, Chicago Heights, Cook County, Illinois
- married Anne-Marie Buening,
Carl was a Lutheran pastor who served in Park Falls, Wisconsin and Steger, Illinois.
- Carl H. Schneider,
- Ruth Schneider,
- Werner Theodor Schneider, born 7 October 1898, Wisconsin
- died 24 November 1963, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- married about 1919 to Alma Kroening, born about 1900, Wisconsin
- Marian Schneider, born 1919, Wisconsin
- Ellen Schneider, born 1925, Wisconsin
- Grace Schneider, born 1928, Wisconsin
- Herbert Martin Schneider, born 17 August 1902, Wisconsin
- died October 1983, married, had at least one daughter
- Myrtle Helene Schneider, born 08 May 1905, Wisconsin
- died 25 February 1988, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- married about 1925 to Werner H. Gieschen, born 11 April 1901, Minnesota
- died 8 February 1987, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- J. Carl Julius Wichmann
- born 2 November 1869, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 14 November 1869, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- died 19 December 1939, St. Paul, Ramsey County, Minnesota
- married about 1893 to
Martha Emelie Fuerst, born December 1873, Minnesota
- died 27 February 1955, Ramsey County, Minnesota
This family lived in Nebraska for awhile, then moved to Minnesota
- Martin F. Wichman, born November 1894 in Nebraska
- died 30 June 1983 in Minnesota
- 1920 census - was an orchestra musician
- Nora E. Wichman, born 29 October 1898 in Nebraska
- died 8 October 1991, Minnesota
- married Mr. Ranum
- K. Martha Louis Johanna Wichmann
- born 14 November 1871, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana
- baptized 26 November 1871, Farmers Retreat, Indiana, St. John
- died 6 September 1943, Waseca County, Minnesota
- married 19 May 1892, Mequon, Ozaukee, Wisconsin to
Henry C Gottlieb Strasen, Lutheran pastor
- born 7 February 1869, Wisconsin
- died 22 January 1955, Faribault, Minnesota
- Margaret Strasen, born May 1894, Minnesota
- Frieda A. Strasen, born 23 December 1896, Minnesota
- died 19 October 1966, Ramsey County, Minnesota. Was a school teacher
- Rev. Bernhard T. Strasen, born 3 November 1898, Minnesota
- died December 1971, residing in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Was a missionary in India, then served congregations in Blue Earth, Minn.; Wartburg, Illinois; and Cecil, Wisconsin
- married about 1923 to Henrietta ---, born 11 January 1894 in Ohio
- died February 1976, residing in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- Pauline M. Strasen, born about 1924, India
- Ruth L. Strasen, born about 1925, India
- Elizabeth H. Strasen, born about 1927, India
- Theodore B. Strasen, born about 1929, India
- Agnes Bertha Strasen, born 1 January 1900, Minnesota
- died 1 October 1966, Ramsey County, Minnesota. Was a nurse
- married Mr. Dysterheft.
- Lydia Strasen, born about 1902, Minnesota
- L. Martin Paul Wichmann
- born 27 May 1874, Farmer's Retreat, Indiana
- baptized 7 Jun 1874, Farmers Retreat, Dearborn County, Indiana, St. John
- Missouri Synod pastor and school teacher. Served congregations in Bay County, Michigan; Waseca County, Minnesota; and at Lenox, Macomb County, Michigan. Photo (not a clear image)
- died 23 November 1926, Lenox, Michigan
- buried Detroit, Michigan, Forest Lawn Cemetery
- married 23 July 1899 at Pinnconing, Bay County, Michigan, to
Martha Uhlig, born August 1877, Michigan
One daughter: Esther Wichmann, born about 1909 in Minnesota.
FAMILY OF J. CHRISTIAN WICHMANN
Johann Christian Wichmann, master tailor,
- son of master-tailor Carl Dietrich Wichmann (the elder) and Scharlotte Bernken of Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- born 13 October 1796,
- married 20 November 1825, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- died probably between 1863 and 1870, probably in Fort Wayne, Indiana
Anna Dorothea Rückert,
- daughter of master-tailor J. Christian Rückert, born about January 1768.
- born 8 August 1800,
- died 28 Sept. 1889. Her death is listed in the records of St. Paul's Lutheran Church in downtown Fort Wayne, Indiana
Johann Christian and Anna Dorothea and their family lived at Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg, north of Berlin. They emigrated on the ship John Fulton, and arrived in New York on August 18, 1849, and went to Cincinnati, where they stayed about 3 years. Then they moved to Fort Wayne, Indiana, where they probably remained until their deaths. According to the 1861-62 City Directory, they were living at 241 East Washington in Fort Wayne. So far we have not found where they were buried.
St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Fort Wayne.
- 1. Infant Wichmann - born 16 Aug 1826, died 16 Aug 1826, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- 2. Emilie Dorothea Wichmann
- born 26 October 1827, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- married Rev. Theodor Wichmann, Family
- 3. Louise Wilhelmine Wichmann
- born 29 October 1830, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- married Rev. Friedrich Ottmann, Family
- 4. Carl Theodor Wichmann, Carl Otto Christian Friedrich
- born 22 December 1833, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- baptized 1 January 1834, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg, as Carl Otto Christian Friedrich. No more data
- 5. Albert "A.C.F." Christian Wichmann
- born 6 Aug 1835, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- married Elisabeth Magdalena Eberlein. Family
- 6. Gustav Otto Wichmann
- born 22 September 1837, died 14 Aug 1840, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- 7. Hermann Wilhelm Wichmann
- born 09 Jul 1840, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- married Katherine Beyer See FAMILY
- 8. Wilhelm Carl Wichmann
- born 10 October 1842, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg, died 1842?
Click on photo for an enlargement
A.C.F. and Elizabeth Wichman
5. Albert "A.C.F." Christian WichmannBiographical sketch of A.C.F. Wichman
- born 6 August 1835, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- baptized 23 August 1835, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- died 14 December 1915, St. Louis, of pneumonia;
- buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri; funeral at St. Trinity Lutheran Church
- married 11 September 1857, Logansport, Cass County, Indiana
Elisabeth Magdalena EBERLEIN.
- born May 1840, Bavaria
- died 17 January 1920, St. Louis, of hemorrhage;
- buried Concordia Cemetery, St.Louis, Missouri, with funeral at St. Trinity Lutheran church at 517 Koeln Ave.
From census records and other sources, we are able to trace some of the movements of this family:
1850 census - tailor in Cincinnati, Ohio
1858 - daughter Emma was born in Logansport, Cass County, Indiana
1860 census - cabinet maker in Wayne Twp, Allen County, Indiana
1864 - moved to Kendallville, Noble County, Indiana
1870 census - teacher in Kendallville
1880 census - on Diamond St. in Kendallville, owner of city brewery
1890 - daughter Lena married, living at 219 Madison Street, Fort Wayne
1900 census - lived on East Jefferson Street, Fort Wayne
1903 - lived at 2237 Kosciusko Street, St. Louis, Missouri
1910 census - in St. Louis, Missouri, at 7116 Michigan Ave., St. Louis
1920 census - Elisabeth, widowed, at 7116 Michigan Ave., St. Louis
- A. Emilie "Emma" Catherine Dorothea Wichmann
- born 3 July 1858, Logansport, Cass, Indiana
- died 21 January 1940, St. Louis, Missouri; buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis
Milliner in Kendallville, Indiana, 1880 census
1930 census - head of household at 6441 Virginia, St. Louis
- B. Hermann Wilhelm Theodor Wichmann
- born 20 March 1860, Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana
- married 1) 11 June 1885, Allen County, Indiana to
- born April 1857
- died May 1908; buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis, Missouri
Working in brewery, Kendallville, 1880 census
Supt. in Manufacturing, St. Louis, 1900 census
Herman married 2) about 1909 to Clara D. Brascher,
Children of Herman and Matilda Wichman:
In 1920 and 1930 the family was living in Phelps County, Missouri, where Herman was a farmer.
- Gertrude Wichman, born March 1886, Indiana
- married Mr. Baehre, and had one daughter Eunice
Baehre, born about 1910. Missouri
- Harold A. Wichman, born September 1892, Indiana
- Herbert M. Wichman, born 13 Oct 1896, Missouri
Children of Herman and Clara Wichman:
- Herman Victor Henry Wichman, born 8 July 1912, Missouri
- died in Baxter Springs, Kansas
- Albert C. F. Wichman, born 8 July 1912, Missouri
- C. Elizabeth Christine Louise Wichmann
- born 24 December 1861, Fort Wayne, Allen County, Indiana
- died 20 October 1917, Fort Wayne, Indiana. Obituary
- buried Concordia Cemetery, Fort Wayne, funeral at St. Paul's Lutheran
- married 16 April 1884, Allen County, Indiana, to
Christ Kiel, born September 1860, died about 1904
Christ worked for a bottling company in Fort Wayne in 1900
Elizabeth lived in Noble county, Indiana, moved to Fort Wayne after her husband died.
- Albert F. Kiel, born February 1886, Indiana
- married Etta ---. Lived in Fort Wayne in 1920.
- Arthur H. Kiel, born June 1890, Indiana
- married Hazel ---. Divorced before 1930.
- Walter H. Kiel, born March 1892, Indiana
- worked at a knitting mill in Fort Wayne
- D. Magdalena "Lena" Friedrike Maria Wichmann
- born 23 November 1863, Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana
- married 20 December 1890, Fort Wayne, Indiana
Henry F. Honeck born December 1867, Indiana.
Henry was a Lutheran pastor, ordained in Acton, North Dakota in 1890; served parishes in Plato, Minnesota, 1891-1896) and Ironton, Ohio, 1896-1900) and resigned in 1900 due to illness. They lived in Ohio in 1900; Bluffton, Indiana, in 1910; and in Fort Wayne, Indiana, in 1920 and 1930.
- Elinor Honeck, born about 1893, Minnesota
- Lydia Honeck, born about 1896, Minnesota
- married about 1924 to Mr. Douglas. Son Robert Douglas born about 1925
- 1930 census, Lydia Douglas in Fort Wayne, Indiana, teaching school there
- E. Albert Heinrich Oscar Wichmann
- born 14 May 1866, Kendallville, Noble, Indiana
- died 12 December 1903 of typhoid fever;
- buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
- married 20 Jun 1894, Noble County, Indiana, to
Louise Detering, born about 1875,
Albert was a brick layer in St. Louis, 1900 census
In 1910, Louise was living with Paul and Julia Wichmann
- F. Lydia Wichmann
- born 1869 in Indiana
- died 5 April 1954,
- buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
Nurse in St. Louis, 1910-1930 census. Lived at 4431 Broadway at the time of her death
- G. Johan "Paul" Julius Wichmann
- born 16 July 1871, Kendallville, Noble, Indiana
- died 7 May 1943; buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
- married Julia Bertha Thoele
- born about 1872, Indiana
- died May 1939, buried Concordia Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
Wood turner in St. Louis, 1900 census
Foreman at an enameling plant in St. Louis, 1910, 1920, 1930 census. At the time of his death, he lived at 4114 Walbridge Place.
- H. Henry Joseph Wichmann
- born June 1875, Indiana
- died 30 December 1958, Webster Groves, St. Louis, Missouri,
- buried Oak Hill Cemetery, St. Louis, MO
- married 18 October 1900, Fort Wayne, Indiana Photo
1) Louella Archer, b abt 1875, died 1918, daughter of John Archer
Henry married 2) Rhoda Dozwell
Compositor, Pty. Office, Fort Wayne, 1900 census, living with parents
Manufacturer of gasoline pumps; lost the business in the 1930's; then began Wichman's flower shop in Webster Groves. Henry was the first of the St. Louis family to drop the second "n" from the surname.
- Robert Henry Wichmann, born 15 April 1904, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- died 23 May 1981, buried St. Louis, Missouri, Oak Hill Cemetery
- married 16 August 1929, St. Louis, Missouri, to
Dixie V. Alsop, born 13 November 1905, New Franklin, Missouri
- died 11 October 1965, St. Louis, Missouri
Two children, both living.
- Paul "Mick" Richard Wichmann, born 14 September 1905, Fort Wayne, Indiana
- died July 1978
- married Susan Fritz
Mick was a landscape gardener in Webster Groves, Missouri
- Living Wichman
- I. Clara Friederike Juliane Wichmann
- born 19 March 1878, Indiana
- married 23 May 1905, St. Louis, Missouri, to
Rev. John F. Meyer of Otto, N.Y.
- born 20 July 1880, Buffalo, New York
- died 24 June 1918, Columbia, Brown County, South Dakota
- served as pastor at St. John's Lutheran Church, Columbia, South Dakota
Clara, widowed, living in Otto, N.Y. in 1930 with following children:
- Albert J. Meyer, born about 1909 in South Dakota
- Luther Meyer, born about 1911 in South Dakota
- Cornelia Meyer, born about 1912 in South Dakota
- Paul G. Meyer, born about 1914 in South Dakota
- Herbert L. Meyer, born about 1916 in South Dakota
- 7. Hermann Wilhelm Wichmann
- born 9 July 1840, Lychen, Kr. Templin, Brandenburg
- died 25 December 1863
- married April 1861 (probably in Fort Wayne) to
Katherine Beyer, born November 1839 in Bavaria, daughter of Johann Paul Beyer and Anna Maria Kohlmeier, and sister of Pastor John P. Beyer, who was Vice President of Missouri Synod from 1893-1899
Hermann attended the Fort Wayne Seminary while living with his elderly parents. He was assigned as a pastor to Elmira, Ontario, Canada, but while there became very ill with dropsy, and resigned from the ministry in May 1863. After several months of suffering he died on Christmas day, 1863, probably in Fort Wayne. His funeral is recorded at St. Paul's Lutheran Church, Fort Wayne, Indiana.
One son: Rev. Paul C. T. Wichmann
- born December 1861, Canada
- died 4 Augu 1931, Detroit, Michigan.
- married 1886, probably in Fort Wayne
Agnes Nees, born April 1865, Cincinnati, Ohio, daughter of Henry and Otillie Nees of Fort Wayne.
Paul served congregations in Cedarburg and Fredonia, Wisconsin, (1890-1903) as a teacher, and then pastored at Rantoul Township in Calumet County, Wisc., for 19 years. He served as chaplain and housefather at the Altenheim at Monroe, Michigan, for four and one half years. In 1926 he had a small congregation in Ann Arbor. In the 1930 census he was in Freedom Township, Washtenaw County, Michigan with his wife, and daughter Bertha who was a teacher there.
- Pauline Wichmann, born April 1891, Wisconsin
- Magdalena Anna Dorathea Wichmann, born 25 March 1893, Wisconsin
- died 6 February 1970
- married 2 August 1916, Trinity Lutheran Church, Rantoul, Wisconsin to
Rev. Adolph Henry August Loeber, son of Gotthold H. A. Loeber
- born 18 March 1890, Wisconsin; died 6 May 1980, Michigan
Adolph pastored in Detroit, Michigan for over 55 years.
Six children including:
- Adolf Loeber, born 1 February 1920, Wisconsin; died July 1987, Michigan
- five daughters who may be living.
- Bertha Wichmann, born May 1895. Taught school in Marinetta, Wisconsin and Freedom, Michigan.
- Hulda Wichmann, born August 1898, Wisconsin
- George T. Wichmann, born 20 April 1901, Cedarburg, Wisconsin
- married about 1923 to Clara E. --. George taught school in New York and 1925 - 1932 in Detroit, Michigan. His father died while visiting him there in 1931
- Paul Wichmann, born 28 February 1903, Wisconsin; died March 1972, Michigan
- Agnes Wichmann, born 28 February 1903, Wisconsin
In 1865 Katherine Beyer Wichmann, widow of Hermann Wichmann, married Rev. George Bernthal, (9 November 1837 - 8 March 1913) whose first wife and children had died in Kankakee county, Illinois. He pastored many years in Tuscola County, Michigan.
Back to Our Family
© 1999-2006 MJH