Bixby High School - Main Street Alumni - Bixby OK
Bixby High School
on Main Street
Bixby Public Schools dedicated the first brick school building on Main Street in November, 1908. The building housed grades one through twelve.
During the 1920-21 school year, a separate building, commonly known as Bixby High School, opened next door, housing grades seven through twelve. The building continually housed both junior and senior high school until 1965 when Bixby High School opened for classes on Riverview Drive, south of the football stadium. The junior high, later renamed middle school, remained at the Main Street location until the building was demolished in 1979.
All that remains of Bixby High School on Main Street are two pillars donated by the classes of 1928 & 1929, and one of two concrete benches donated by the class of 1931.
Article courtesy Linda Boles, Class of '66
Photo courtesy Shirley (Clark) Coyle, Class of '53
Welcome to The Main Street Spirit! We hope your visit brings back enjoyable memories of dear old Bixby High School on Main Street.
The Main Street Spirit is created to honor, remember and appreciate Bixby High School Alumni, Faculty and Friends who knew the old high school that once proudly held the spirit of so many young minds. (1921-1965).
Updated - Sunday, 09-Sep-2018 14:04:56 MDT
***50's REUNION PICTURES!***
Click here to view!