From Mary Jo Egoville
Married Name: Anna Troy
Born Oct. 1870 Mayo, Ireland2 6
Died: Dec. 14, 193510
Residences: Philadelphia: ~1900-02 2006 Seybert St.; ~1903 2431 Seybert St.; ~1904-07 2713 Swain St.; ~1908-09 2024 Seybert St.; ~1910-12 2436 Ingersoll St.; ~1913-14 2439 Ingersoll St.; ~1915-23 1912 Harlan St.; ~1924-30 (possibly longer) 2762 N. 23rd St.8
Religion: Roman Catholic
Career: Housewife2 5
Father: (b. Ireland)5
Mother: (b. Ireland)5
Siblings: Frank (?)14
Husband: James J. Troy m. June 20, 1897 in Philadelphia by James Monahan 12
- Helen or Ellen K. (b. April 1898 2 m. Mr. Myers 6 d. Feb. 1927 7 (flu) 6).
- Anna Marie "Annie" (b. October 1899 2 d. Dec. 3, 1921 11 (flu) 6).
- James (b. ~1902 3 4 d. ~1950's 6)
- Elizabeth "Betty" (Calhoun) (1903 - 1975)
- Mary (Coulter) (1904 - 1975)
- John "Jack" (1906 - 1944)
Other Details: Immigrated to US in 18902 Under the law at the time, Anna automatically became a Citizen when her husband John was naturalized on Sept. 14, 1903
- Phone Interview with Marge Troy
- 1900 Census
- 1910 Census
- 1920 Census
- 1930 Census
- Interviews with Mary Jo Egoville. Her mother Elizabeth's notes verify some of this and is the only indication that Anna came from County Mayo in Ireland.
- Holy Cross Cemetery Records
- SSDI 159-07-4596 and Funeral card
- SSDI 197-24-7560 and Funeral Card
- Anna Troy's Funeral Card
- Anna Marie Troy's Funeral Card
- Marriage Certificate
- Street addresses come from copies of the Philadelphia Directory maintained by the Genealogical Society of Pennsylvania. Only the 1930 Directory lists the wife's name (Anna). Also, in most of the years, brothers Robert and less often Patrick are listed as living at the same addresses. The only way I could confirm some addresses was by the fact that Robert and/or Patrick Troy were listed at the same address. The Harlan St. Address is also confirmed by James' WWI Draft Registration Card.
- According to Mary Jo, Anna's immigration was sponsored by "Frank" (last name uncertain) who she thinks was a half-brother or step-brother.
- Naturalization Certificate.
- Death Notice, Phila Inquirer, Dec. 17, 1935 p. 27