George Frederick Hart
M, #17, b. 16 January 1922, d. 4 September 1998
- Father*: George Stanley Hart b. 13 Mar 1901, d. 25 Jul 1969
- Mother*: Florence Bessie Loane b. 1 Sep 1898, d. 12 Mar 1987
- Relationship: Grandfather of Ben Nigel Oakley
- Charts: Hart Family Tree
- George Frederick Hart was born on 16 January 1922 at Halesworth, Suffolk, England.
- He was christened in 1922 at Halesworth, Suffolk, England.
- He was the son of George Stanley Hart and Florence Bessie Loane.
- George's birth was registered in the Blything registration district, 21 February 1922. Registered by an unknown person .
- He was in the Home Guard in September 1940 at Suffolk, England, 4th Battalion Suffolk Regiment.
- He was discharged from the Home Guard in March 1942 at Suffolk, England, 4th Battalion Suffolk Regiment.
- He began military service on 16 March 1942 at Irish Guards, Caterham, Surrey, England, After completing his Attestation and Oath of Allegiance in Norwich, Norfolk.
- He was granted Granted Agricultural Leave for 28 days on 27 September 1942, at England.
- He was posted at Guards Armoured Training Wing, England, on 21 November 1942.
- He was posted at an unknown unit, England, on 15 February 1943.
- He was posted to IRTD = Infantry Replacement Training Depot at 1st Bn IRTD, Africa, on 27 June 1943.
- He was posted at 1st Bn Irish Guards, Africa, on 31 August 1943.
- He was captured on 26 January 1944; Missing, believed Prisoner of War.
- He was a Prisoner of War, at Stalag IVB, Muhlberg, Germany.
- He was freed, at Stalag IVB, Muhlberg, Germany; Freed by Allied Troops.
- He was posted to Due to his capture at Y list, England, on 22 May 1945.
- He married Ivy Jessie Peck, daughter of Arthur Thomas Peck and Ada Annie Self, on 5 June 1945 at Saxmundham Register Office, Saxmundham, Suffolk, England; The register office doesnt exist anymore.
- George Frederick Hart was granted Granted Agricultural Leave for 28 days on 19 July 1945, at England.
- He was posted at Tn Bn (Training Battalion?), England, on 18 August 1945.
- He was granted Granted Agricultural Leave for 28 days on 24 September 1945, at England.
- He was posted at 1st Bn, England, on 25 October 1945.
- He was granted Granted Agricultural Leave for 28 days on 30 November 1945, at England.
- He was posted to For his Class B Release at Y list, England, on 22 March 1946.
- He was posted to Released to Class 8 (wt) at Royal Army Reserve, England, on 4 April 1946.
- He ended military service on 10 February 1954 at Army General Reserve; Discharged on completion of engagement, for recall up to the age of 45.
- He was Head Cowman circa 5 October 1974.
- He left a will on 8 March 1978 at Sudbury, Suffolk.
- He died on 3 September 1998 at West Suffolk Hospital, Hardwick Lane, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England, at age 76; Cause of Death:
I (a) Ruptured abdominal aortic aneurysm
(b) Chronic obstructive airways disease (COAD)
Certfifed by A.Mownah M.D. F.R.C.S.
- George's death was registered in the Bury St Edmunds registration district, 4 September 1998. Registered by an unknown person , Registrar - J E Carsen.
- His body was cremated on 11 September 1998 at West Suffolk Crematorium, Risby, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England.
Family: Ivy Jessie Peck b. 7 Jun 1926, d. 22 Apr 2016
- Wendy Elizabeth Hart
- Patricia Florence Hart
- Lesley Georgina Hart
- Jon Frederick Hart
- Edwina Rosemary Hart
- Michael Arthur Hart