91st PA and Kensington Methodist Episcopal Church

Kensington Methodist Episcopal Church

Colonel Gregory addressed the members of the Kensington Methodist Episcopal Church on the day before the battle of Gettysburg (1).

Many members of the regiment were members of the church, including Jacob Lynn's family (1).

In 1861, the Kensington Methodist Episcopal Church was at Queen and Marlborough Streets, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, under Reverend James Cunningham (of 1116 Palmer Street) (2).

Sources

1 e-mail, 9 and 24 June 2001, Claire Labenz, citing W Swindells, Annals of the Kensington Methodist Episcopal Church, 1801-1893 (published 1893).

2 McElroy's Philadelphia directory, 1861, page 1311.


top of document | home
revised 12 Jun 02
contact Harry Ide at hide1@unl.edu with comments or questions