BIRTH: 1706 in Newington, Rockingham County, New Hampshire
FATHER: Edward Thomas PEVE-PEVEY - Bet. 1666-1670 in Greenland, Rockingham County, New Hampshire
MOTHER: Rachel ADAMS - BIRTH: Abt. 1668
MARRIAGE: 14 Dec 1727 - Samuel HOLMES - BIRTH: 12 Feb 1701/1702
1. John HOLMES - b. 1728 in Portsmouth, Rockingham county, New Hampshire
2. Anna (Anne or Ann) HOLMES - BAPTISM: 9 Feb 1729 in Portsmouth, Rockingham county, New Hampshire
(Lived in Cornish, Maine)
3. Mary HOLMES - BAPTISM: 13 Sep 1730 in Portsmouth, Rockingham county, New Hampshire
MARRIAGE: 6 Jun 1751 - John STEWARD in Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine
4. Jane HOLMES - DEATH: After Apr 1755
MARRIAGE: Robert McKENEY
Robert McKENEY & wife Jane qc rights in the estate of her father,
Samuel HOLMES, to John HOLMES
5. Samuel HOLMES - BAPTISM: 11 Nov 1733 in Rockingham county, New Hampshire
DEATH: before 1738 when another son was named 'Samuel'.
6. Martha HOLMES - 1734 in Berwick, York County, Maine
7. James HOLMES - BIRTH: Abt 1737 in Berwick, York County, Maine - DEATH: 8 Mar 1831 in Cornish, Maine
8. Samuel HOLMES - BAPTISM: 21 May 1738 in Berwick, York County, Maine
DEATH: 20 Nov 1802 in Machias, Washington County, Maine
9. Joseph HOLMES - BIRTH: 1740 in Berwick, York County, Maine
10. Sarah HOLMES - BAPTISM: 27 Sep 1741 in Berwick, York County, Maine
11. William HOLMES - BAPTISM: 8 Jul 1744 in Berwick, York County, Maine
DEATH: 10 Sep 1791 in Scarborough, Cumberland County, Maine
12. Priscilla HOLMES - BAPTISM: 17 Apr 1745 in Berwick, York County, Maine
13. Thomas HOLMES - BIRTH: 1746 in Berwick, York County, Maine
Samuel "HOMES" of Portsmouth bought 50 acres in Scarborough, Cumberland, Maine on 23 Nov 1741. This is the same property that his son Samuel sold rights to in 1760.
He was received into covenant of South Church in Portsmouth on 9 Feb 1729.
New England Historic Genealogical Register: NEHGR:
Page: v 24; Portsmouth records.
NHGR. New Hampshire Genealogical Register; Page: v4
MGS. Maine Genealogical Society; Page: MHS col 1232
Children of Samuel & Mary HOLMES: New England Historic Genealogical Register: NEHGR; Page: v81 South Church records.
Mary HOLMES and John STEWARD Marriage: 2nd Congregational Church records
Jane HOLMES & Robert McKENEY marriage: MGS Maine Genealogical Society; Page: v21 q.c.:
Cumberland Deeds 8:201.
John HOLMES: MGS. Maine Genealogical Society: Page: deeds
James HOLMES: MGS. Maine Genealogical Society:Page: v21: age at death, 94.
James & Rebeccah HOLMES: MGS:21: Cumberland Deeds 8:203.
Samuel HOLMES (1738): MGS. Maine Genealogical Society: Page v21
MHGR. Maine Historice & Genealogical Recorder: Page v4,
2nd Congregational Church records
TMG 21: CUMBERLAND COUNTY DEEDS 9:276.
TMG22: WASHINGTON COUNTY PROBATE, 3:182-184.
CENSUS: 1790 Machias - 3 males over 16; 2 males under 16, 2 females.
CENSUS: 1800 Machias - Age 45
TAX 1798: Direct Tax - Machias - Occupant, owner Tim LIBBEE's heirs.
William HOLMES: MHGR: Maine Historic & Genealogical Recorder;
Page:1, 1st Parish records
MGS: Maine Genealogical Society: Page 21, 2nd Parish records.
HOME ALPHABETICAL INDEX