Photographs of Ackworth, Yorkshire
Taken Spring 2001
Ackworth Plague Stone
Associated with the outbreak of plague in 1645.
The hollow was intended to hold vinegar to disinfect coins
used in payment for supplies left at the boundaries.
Lowthers Hospital, High Ackworth
Plaque on Lowthers Hospital
Erected & endowed this
Hospital for a
School Master & six poor women
Ackworth Quaker School
(formerly the Foundling Hospital)
The Brown Cow Inn, High Ackworth
Group of 18th century houses, High Ackworth
© Angela Petyt 2001. All rights reserved.
Permission is granted for all free personal and non-commercial uses.
Commercial use of any portion contained herein is expressly prohibited.
Back to homepage