Baker gives some history of the village
After the conquest a cell of Bernay Abbey was based there and subsequently Henry VI endowed the land in Everdon to the newly founded (1440) Eton College. A junior branch of the Spencer family from Badby took up the lease of the Eton College (in great Everdon) manor around 1500. A separate manor existed in Little Everdon.
The land was inclosed by Act of Parliament in 1764
1801 111 houses 585 inhabitants
1811 116 houses 578 inhabitants
1821 122 houses 640 inhabitants
A charity school was established in Everdon in 1813, and in the same year an independent meeting house opened.
The manor was held by Philip Lovell at the time of King John. By 1534 it had passed to the Knightley family.
The manor house was a farmhouse by the early 1700s and all that was left of the village was that farm, a watermill and a cottage.