Thomas OAKLAND* [Thomas AUCKLAND*]
Thomas OAKLAND and Elizabeth are our direct ancestors.
If you are related to them - please contact me ~
'cos I'm stuck!
Questions, comments, further information - please send me an email
- Occupation: Lace maker
- Died: ?1855 of York Street, Nottingham St. Mary
- Buried: St. Mary Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Notes: I can find only one marriage of Thomas OAKLAND/AUCKLAND to Elizabeth in Nottinghamshire: Thomas OAKLAND and Elizabeth BETTISON at St. Mary's, Nottingham, but it is in 1784 and their daughter Caroline, was baptised in 1808 (also at St. Mary's): quite a few years between these dates and I cannot find any other children for them.
Possible, but I'm not convinced.
- Baptised: 1808 St. Mary's Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
- Married 1: 1836 Sneinton, Nottinghamshire
- Spouse 1: Felix James WHITE* c1810-1842
- Married 2: 1857 Radford, Nottinghamshire
- Spouse 2: Joseph BOSTOCK*
- Witnesses 2: Thomas HOLLAND & Mary BELSHAW
- Occupation: lace mender
- Died: 1877
- Buried: Radford, Nottinghamshire
- Notes: When she married her second husband, Joseph BOSTOCK in 1857, her father was named as Thomas OAKLAND, a lace maker