Hawkins Genealogy Site
Somerset County Herald and Taunton Courier Saturday 02 Jul 1938
Page 9 Column 4
WEDDING AT PARISH CHURCH
MISS D. L. HARRIS AND MR. S. G. WILLS
The wedding took place at the Parish Church on Saturday of Miss Doris Lena HARRIS, third daughter of Mr. and Mrs. J. HARRIS, of East-street, Ilminster, and Mr. Sidney George WILLS, only son of Mr. and Mrs. E. WILLS, of Seavington St. Mary.
The Rev. Gerald G. HICKMAN, vicar, officiated. The bride, who was given away by her father, was attired in a dress of ivory satin beauté. with coronet of orange blossom, with bridal veil, shoes and gloves to match, and carried a shower bouquet of dark red roses. The bridesmaids were Miss F. HARRIS (sister of the bride), and Miss A. WILLS (sister of the bridegroom), and Miss Janet BANDY (niece of the bride) was an attendant.
The bridesmaids' dresses were pale blue satin beauté, with head-dresses, gloves and shoes to match, and carried shower bouquets of cream roses. The attendant wore a dress of flowered satin, with pink rosebuds, with head-dress and shoes to match, and carried a posy of sweet peas.
As the bridal party left the church the attendant presented the bride with a polished horseshoe made by a friend.
Mr. Marshal OSBORNE, of Norton-sub-Hamdon, was “best man.”
A reception followed at the home of the bride's parents, over 20 guests being present.
There were nearly 60 presents, including an overmantel from employees at Messrs. Day, Foley & Co.'s where the bride is employed. The bridegroom's gift to the two elder bridesmaids were the bouquets, and a gold bangle to the attendant.
Back to Miscellaneous Page
Back to Home Page