M, #11959, (c 1750 - c 1830)
- Mother*: Sarah Ann Doggett (c 1732 - )
- Reference: [11959:*]
- Birth*: Ca. 1750, Henry Co, VA, *, 364400N0801500W.2
- (Parents, son of Sarah Ann Doggett).3
- Marr-Est. Date*: Phebe Waggener.4
- Death*: Ca. 1830, Williamson Co, TN.
- Burial*: Moses Steele Cemetery (18916), Williamson Co, TN , 35.71600,-86.75842
- Birth of daughter: Ca. 1774, Nancy A. C. Reynolds, VA.7
- Birth of son: Ca. 1783, Richard C. Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of son: 1784, Reuben Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of son: Ca. 1785, Green Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of daughter: Ca. 1786, Catherine Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of daughter: Ca. 1788, Phebe Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of son: Ca. 1789, George Washington Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of daughter: Ca. 1790, Matilda Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of daughter: Ca. 1791, Sally Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of daughter: Ca. 1792, Elisabeth Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of son: Ca. 1793, Coleman Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of son: Ca. 1794, William C. Reynolds, NC?2
- Birth of son: 1800, Spencer Reynolds, NC.2
Child of Spencer Reynolds & Phebe Waggener
- Nancy A. C. Reynolds+ (ca. 1774 - aft. 1862)
Children of Spencer Reynolds
- Richard C. Reynolds 2 (ca. 1783 - )
- Reuben Reynolds 2 (1784 - )
- Green Reynolds 2 (ca. 1785 - )
- Catherine Reynolds (ca. 1786 - )
- Phebe Reynolds 2 (ca. 1788 - )
- George Washington Reynolds (ca. 1789 - )
- Matilda Reynolds 2 (ca. 1790 - )
- Sally Reynolds 2 (ca. 1791 - )
- Elisabeth Reynolds 2 (ca. 1792 - )
- Coleman Reynolds (ca. 1793 - )
- William C. Reynolds (ca. 1794 - )
- Spencer Reynolds (1800 - )
- Relationship: 1st cousin of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 12 May 2016
- [S2] LDS Church, "Ancestral File (TM)", Ancestral File.
- [S177] Rootsweb/Ancestry Database: Database: Lunar 2, Chandra Dawson Martin <e-mail address>, 3 Oct 2000, transcribed 5 Oct 2000.
- [S208] Unknown compiler, down 4 Oct 2000.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Spencer Reynolds [11 May 2016]Birth: 1757
Death: May 19, 1830
Some of his children may have been:
1. Richard C. REYNOLDS b. ca.1779
2. Green REYNOLDS b. ca.1781
3. Reuben REYNOLDS b. 1784
4. Coleman REYNOLDS b. 1785
5. Nancy REYNOLDS b. ca.1787
6. George Washington REYNOLDS b. ca.1789
7. Reuben REYNOLDS b.1791
8. Sally REYNOLDS b. ca.1792
9. Catherine REYNOLDS b. ca.1793
10. Elizabeth REYNOLDS b. ca.1795
11. Matilda REYNOLDS b. ca.1797
12. Spencer REYNOLDS b. 1805
13. Phebe REYNOLDS b. ca.1802
14. William C. REYNOLDS
Will of Spencer Reynolds (page 561)
In the name of God Amen, the twentieth day of May Eighteen hundred and twenty six. I Spencer Reynolds, in the County of Williamson, and State of Tennessee being much indisposed and weak in body, but of perfect mind and memory, thanks be given to God therefore, and calling to mind the mortality of my body, knowing that it is appointed for all men and to die, do make and
ordain this my last will and testament.
That is to say, principally and first of all, I recommend my Soul to God, who gave it, and my body to return to its mother earth: and as touching such worldly estate, where
with it hath pleased God to bless me, in this life, I give devise and dispose of the same in the following manner and form. It is my will and I order that all my just debts, general charges, be paid.
Item: I give and bequeath to my beloved son Richard C. Reynolds, heirs Ten dollars to be paid in twelve months after my death. I also will and ordain that all
of property of every kind be sold and the money equally divided between my beloved children as follows, to wit: Green Reynolds, Nancy Kennerly, George Reynolds, Catharine Barber, Spencer Reynolds, Coleman Reynolds, Elizabeth Barber, Reuben Reynolds, Matilda Durham.
And I do likewise constitute make and ordain my sons Spencer Reynolds and my son Reuben Reynolds, Executors of this my last will and testament, wholly and solly,
and I do hereby disallow, revoke and disannul all and every other will and testament, bequested and execution by me at any time before named, will or bequeath, ratifying this and no other to be my last will and testament.
Spencer Reynolds (seal)
signed, sealed in presents
Proved July Session 1830
Reuben Wagener vs Catharine Allen, widow of Fisher Allen, dec'd, SPENCER REYNOLDS AND WIFE PHOEBE, Thomas Marshall and wife Myrtylla, John Hughes and wife Ann, Jacob Mitchell and wife Catherine, which said Catharine, Phoebe, Myrtella, Ann and Catharine are children and heirs of Greensby Waggoner, dec'd.
(Issue of 14 Sept 1802)
(Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 42, No. 4 (Oct-Dec), 1998, p. 299,300, Culpeper County. Chancery. 17 Aug 1802)
Richard Spencer Reynolds (1736 - 1787)
Sarah Ann Hamilton Reynolds (1738 - ____)
Phoebe Waggoner Reynolds (1760 - ____)*
Spencer Reynolds (1757 - 1830)
Richard Reynolds (1770 - 1823)**
Moses Steele Cemetery
Created by: Howard Cobb
Record added: Jan 12, 2010
Find A Grave Memorial# 46613061.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, [25 Apr 2016] Birth: 1736
He served in the Revolutionary War with Hendersons' Company in the Virginia State Line.
He married Sarah and some of their children were:
Rachel, who married in 1779 to Thomas Matthews
Thomas, born 1766
Garland, born 1768
Joseph, born 1770
Elijah, born 1774, md. in 1801, Nancy Jones
Greensby, born 1786 in Henry County, Virginia; died 1853 in Walton County, Georgia. He married Ermine Unknown and they had 8 children.
His son, Spencer Reynolds was in born Henry County, Virginia. Spencer died 1830 in Williamson County, Tennessee. He is buried at the Reynolds Family cemetery in that county at Riggs Crossroads.
His Will is on file in Williamson County, Tennessee. Issue: Richard C.; Green; Nancy, who married Kennerly; George Washington; Sally; Catherine, who married Barber; Coleman, born 1785; Spencer, born 1800; Elizabeth, who married Barber; Reuben, born 1784; Matilda, who married Durham; Phebe, who married Thomas Smith; and William C.
1779 Henry County Tax List for Henry County, VA.
Richard Reynolds, Sr.
Richard Reynolds, Jr.
2 Mar 1782, Court Order Book, Richard Reynolds was allowed 280 pounds of beef furnished by the Commissioner of Provisions.
2 Mar 1782, Court Order Book, Richard Reynolds is allowed 182 pasturages, 38 diets, 4 bushels and a half corn furnished the Commissioner of Provisions for public use.
27 Nov 1782, Deed Bk. 1, pp.314-5, Richard Reynolds of Henry County, Virginia, purchased from Jimmy and John James of the same county, for 60 pounds, 400 acres on Shooting Creek, beginning at the fork of Turkey Cock Creek on both sides, crosses Rakoon Branch.
25 May 1784, Deed Bk. 1, pp. 486-7, Richard Reynolds of Henry County, Virginia, sold to William Edwards, for 100 pounds, 400 acres on Shooting Creek, beginning at the fork of Turkey Cock Creek on both sides, crosses Rakoon Branch.
25 May 1785, Deed Bk. 2, p. 133, Richard Reynolds of the one party and his wife Mary Reynolds of the other part. The said Richard Reynolds hath allowed his wife Mary the following articles: a tract of land that joins the east side of the land he now lives on with the plantation and orchards thereon to have peaceful possession during her lifetime if she will live thereon, also five pounds in gold or silver to be paid yearly during her lifetime, also one hundred pounds to be valued to her in stock and house goods. Mary Reynolds agrees for her part to give the said Richard Reynolds all the best of the estate belonging to them to have it in peaceful possession and all other properties to him and his heirs, never to claim anything belonging to the said Richard Reynolds.
James Reynolds (1715 - 1791)
Susannah Lindsay Reynolds (1724 - 1781)
Sarah Ann Hamilton Reynolds (1738 - ____)
Spencer Reynolds (1757 - 1830)*
Richard Reynolds (1770 - 1823)*
Richard Spencer Reynolds (1736 - 1787)
George Reynolds (1750 - 1813)*
Jesse Reynolds (1754 - 1836)*
Millenton Foster Reynolds (1767 - 1850)*
Maintained by: Howard Cobb
Originally Created by: deegraver
Record added: May 03, 2011
Find A Grave Memorial# 69293877.
- [S1] Age 76, born in Virginia, according to 1850 census of Franklin COunty, Tennessee.