Clemency Clay Scroggins1
M, #13942, (1884 - 1951)
- Reference: [13942:P]
- Birth*: 11 Apr 1884, AR.2
- (Parents, son of George Edward Scroggin (F126) & Rebecca Hill).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Mary Ann Freeman.3
- Death*: 21 Feb 1951, Holdenville, Hughes Co, OK.2
- Burial*: Oakwood Cemetery (99139), Wewoka, Seminole Co, OK , 35.12330 -96.49220
- Birth of son: 21 Jul 1912, William Chester 'Buddy' Scroggins.4
- Death of father: 1899, George Edward Scroggin (F126), OK.2,5
- Birth of daughter: 23 Feb 1909, Eva Mae Scroggins, Sasakawa, Seminol Co, OK.6,7
- Father of Bride: Clemency Clay Scroggins, as the father of the bride, attended the wedding of Eva Mae Scroggins and Henry David Clark 23 Feb 1909.7
- Death of mother: 23 Sep 1925, Rebecca Hill.2
- Census1930*: Clemency Clay Scroggins, OKT626_1927-0496.
- Birth of son: 30 Dec 1930, Eugene Scroggins, Francis, Pontotoc Co, OK.8
- Birth of son: 9 Mar 1934, Leroy N. Scroggins, Sasakwa, Seminole Co, OK.9
- Death of son: 7 May 1946, Eugene Scroggins, Sasakwa, Seminole Co, OK.8
- Name Variation: Clemmy 'Clem' Seclay Scroggins.4
Children of Clemency Clay Scroggins & Mary Ann Freeman
- Relationship: Great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 14 Nov 2015
- [S325] Peggy Seidler, Database: ""<a class="ext" href="http://worldconnect.genealogy.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=peggys">peggys</a>.""
- [S326] Hill, E. Ray web 2, URL: http://www.geocities.com/erayhill/framesfile.html,.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi where XXXXXXXX is the number in the burial tag memo.
- [S1000] William Ramer Smith (William Ramer Smith), Database: "RW WC: ramer1", 14 Jul 2001.
- [S19] Comp., Yarbrough.
- [S63] Scroggins Forum message Message 102, Peggy Yarbrough, <e-mail address>, "Scroggins/Barron in texas", 3 Jan 1999
http://genforum.genealogy.com/scroggins/messages/102.html at http://www.genforum.com/scroggins/
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Eugene Scroggins [21 Jul 2012].
- [S1710] Fort Worth Star-Telegram
, Lery Scroggins, 19 May 2011Leroy Scroggins (1934 - 2011)
Leroy Scroggins, 77, passed away Monday, May 16, 2011. Graveside service: 11 a.m. Thursday in Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery in Dallas. Memorials: In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the Tarrant Area Food Bank, where Leroy and Ruth volunteered their time. Leroy was born March 9, 1934, in Sasakwa, Okla. He served over 20 years in the U.S. Navy before retiring and moving to Texas. Leroy then worked for Bell Helicopter and also retired there. He loved the Navy where he was able to travel and see the world. He will be greatly missed by all of his family and friends. Leroy was preceded in death by his wife, Ruth. Survivors: Sons, Don Leroy Scroggins of Bakersfield, Calif., and Daniel E. Scroggins of Cedar Hill; daughter, Rita Scroggins of North Richland Hills; sister, Ruby Spears of Oklahoma; grandchildren, Tanya Peyton of Fort Worth and Timothy Scroggins and Jason Scroggins of Bakersfield, Calif.; and five great-grandchildren.
Published in Star-Telegram on May 19, 2011.