M, #14486, (1918 - 2001)
- Reference: [14486:N]
- Birth*: 24 Nov 1918, Center Ridge, Conway Co, AR.2,3
- (Parents, son of Joseph Henry Scroggin & Eva Lee Harwood).
- Marr-Est. Date*: Ca. 1955, Beatrice Boranian.4
- Death-LstR*: 29 Jan 2001, Chicago, Cook Co, IL, 60656.2
- Death: 29 Jan 2001.4
- Burial*: 5 Feb 2001, Pleasant Hill Cemetery, Center Ridge, Conway Co, AR.4
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Afton Scroggin," SSN: 429-22-2669, issued: AR.2
- Death of father: 12 Feb 1956, Joseph Henry Scroggin.5
- Death of mother: 12 Jan 1999, Eva Lee Harwood, St. Anthony Care Center, Morrilton, Conway Co, AR.5
- Obituary (Surviving Son): Of Eva Lee Harwood, 14 Jan 1999, Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, AR, The obituary of Eva Lee Harwood Scroggin, widow of Joseph Henry Scroggin, appeared
in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette on Thursday, 14 January 1999: (Carolyn Haisty
14 Jan 1999.)
MORRILTON - Eva Lee Harwood Scroggin, age 102, died Jan. 12, 1999, at the
St. Anthony Care Center in Morrilton. She was born Jan. 4, 1897, in Center
Ridge, a daughter of Thomas Jefferson and Mary Ella Cole Harwood. She married
Joseph Henry Scroggin, Oct. 26, 1917, who passed away Feb. 12, 1956. Mrs. Scroggin
was a member of the Bethel Baptist Church and was a homemaker. Survivors
include sons, Afton, Ray, Doyle, Carroll and Ben Scroggin; brothers, F. H. and
Garrett Harwood; sisters, Clara Powell, Roberta Williams and Loetta Flowers; 10
grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. A great-granddaughter, Andria was
born on Mrs. Scroggin’s birthday, Jan. 4, 1999, in St. Charles, MO. She was
preceded in death by sons, Wilburn and Wendell Scroggin, and daughter, Evelyn
Scroggin. Services will be 10:30 a.m., Saturday, Jan. 16, 1999, at the Harris
Chapel. Burial in Pleasant Hill Cemetery by Harris Funeral Home of Morrilton.
According to Ray Scroggin of North Little Rock, son of Eva Harwood Scroggin, his
father Joseph Henry Scroggin was a son of Thomas Scroggin who came to Conway
County from Tennessee. (E-mail data, Mary Scroggin Beegle
- Obituary*: Of Afton Scroggin, 31 Jan 2001, Chicago Tribune, Chicago, Cook Co, IL, Chicago Tribune (IL)
January 31, 2001 Edition: Chicago Sports Final
Deceased Name: SCROGGIN
Afton Scroggin, 82, passed away January 29 after a long illness. Veteran WWII, Chief Pharmacist's Mate in the U.S. Coast Guard, long time resident of the Northwest side of Chicago. Beloved husband for 46 years to Beatrice S., nee Boranian; loving father of Alice Chicoine; fond brother of Doyle, Carroll and Benny Scroggin; fond uncle of many nieces and nephews. Retired high school Biology teacher with 37 years service to the Chicago Board of Education. Services Monday, February 5 in Morrilton, AR. Interment Pleasant Hill Cemetery, near Center Ridge, AR. Arrangements by M. J. Suerth Funeral Home. For information 773-631-1240 or 847-823-6540. Copyright (c) 2001, Chicago Tribune Company. All rights reserved.
Record Number: CTR0101310114.4
Child of Afton Scroggin & Beatrice Boranian
- Alice L. Scroggin (27 Apr 1962 - )
- Last Edited: 11 Dec 2004
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S1449] Charlotte West (Charlotte West), Database: "cc46."
- [S51] Obituary Scroggin, Chicago Tribune, 31 Jan 2001
- [S30] William G. Scroggins, George Scrogin (A1), URL: http://users.erols.com/scroggjm/scrogginsdata/wgs/