Robert Merel Scroggins1
M, #15170, (1921 - 2001)
- Reference: [15170:C]
- Birth*: 26 Apr 1921.3
- (Parents, son of Sterling Rodney Scroggins & Hannah J. Fredrickson).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Eve Marie Bishop.2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Leona Moas.2
- Death-LstR*: 8 Jun 2001, Sheboygan, Sheboygan Co, WI, 53083.3
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Robert M Scroggins," SSN: 452-14-0057, issued: TX.3
- Death of mother: 1 Oct 1983, Hannah J. Fredrickson, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.4,5
- Death of father: 1 Apr 1986, Sterling Rodney Scroggins, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.4,6
- Obituary (Deceased Brother): Of Donald Dean Scroggins, 2 Apr 2004, Donald D. Scroggins, Eagle Record, Traverse City, Grand Traverse Co, MI.7
Children of Robert Merel Scroggins & Eve Marie Bishop
- Last Edited: 14 Nov 2004
- [S421] Raymond R. Howard, Database: "~AWT: 23284."
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S16] Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Scroggins Acres, p. 191.
- [S2455] MN Dept. of Health, WI Death Index, 1959-1997 (MyFamily.com), Name: Hannah Josephine Scroggins
Death Date: 1 Oct 1983
Location: Sheboygan (May be abbreviated)
- [S45] Social Security Death Index (Rootsweb.com), URL: http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/,.
- [S1595] Obituary: Donald D. Scroggins (Donald Dean Scroggins), Record-Eagle, Traverse City, MI, 2 Apr 2004TRAVERSE CITY - Donald D. Scroggins, 70, of Traverse City, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at Munson Medical Center in Traverse City. He was born on Dec. 19, 1933, in Kemp, Texas, the son of the late Sterling and Hannah (Fredrickson) Scroggins of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
Donald grew up in Wisconsin and graduated from Sheboygan Falls High School. After graduation, he served his country as a Marine during the Korean Conflict.
In 1956, he moved to the Grand Traverse Region, where he began working for Super Tool in Elk Rapids. He enjoyed the outdoors and would frequently be found hunting, fishing, bowling and riding motorcycles.
In 1966, he married Gloria Cook of Muskegon. Together, they had three children who survive, Vicki (Greg) Scroggins-Johnson of Ann Arbor, Jeffrey (Angel) Scroggins of Williamsburg and Debra Scroggins of Grawn.
Later in life, Donald was a dedicated employee of Tower Automotive of Traverse City.
Donald was a devoted family man and community member. He enjoyed helping others and bringing cheer to those less fortunate. After the death of his wife, Gloria, in 1997, he began writing poetry to share his experiences and remind everyone of the value of each day. You could always find him with a poem or two, ready to share.
In addition to his children, Donald is also survived by six grandchildren; and two brothers, Richard Scroggins of Manitowoc, Wis., and Charles Scroggins of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
He was preceded in death by his brother, William, in 1997; and his brother, Robert, in 2001.
Visitation will be held today, April 2, 2004, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m., at Covell Funeral Home in Elk Rapids. Funeral services will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 3, 2004, also at the funeral home, with Pastor Tamara Williams officiating.
Contributions may be made to V.F.W. Post 170 in Traverse City or V.F.W. Post 114 in Elk Rapids. Envelopes are available at the funeral home.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the Elk Rapids Chapel of Covell Funeral Homes.