Richard Byrd Scroggins1
M, #15172, (1928 - 2007)
- Reference: [15172:C] !FaG:19764337
- Birth*: 1 May 1928, Irene, SD.3,4
- (Parents, son of Sterling Rodney Scroggins & Hannah J. Fredrickson).2
- Marriage*: 10 Feb 1949, Shirley Jean Turek, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.4,2
- Death-LstR*: 5 Jun 2007, Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, WI, 54220.5
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Richard B. Scroggins," SSN.5
- Death of mother: 1 Oct 1983, Hannah J. Fredrickson, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.6,7
- Death of father: 1 Apr 1986, Sterling Rodney Scroggins, Sheboygan Falls, Sheboygan Co, WI.6,8
- !Address*: ca. 2002, Residence: 1617 S 12th St, Manitowoc, Manitowoc Co, WI, 54220.9
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of Donald Dean Scroggins, 2 Apr 2004, Donald D. Scroggins, Eagle Record, Traverse City, Grand Traverse Co, MI.10
Children of Richard Byrd Scroggins & Shirley Jean Turek
- Last Edited: 1 Apr 2015
- [S421] Raymond R. Howard, Database: "~AWT: 23284."
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), RICHARD B SCROGGINS 01-MAY-28 54220 [9 Oct 2002].
- [S17] Lois Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Wars & Mr. Scroggins, p. 1:300.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Richard B. Scroggins
Last Residence: 54220 Manitowoc, Manitowoc, Wisconsin, United States of America
Born: 1 May 1928
Died: 5 Jun 2007
State (Year) SSN issued: Wisconsin (Before 1951).
- [S16] Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Scroggins Acres, p. 191.
- [S2455] MN Dept. of Health, WI Death Index, 1959-1997 (MyFamily.com), Name: Hannah Josephine Scroggins
Death Date: 1 Oct 1983
Location: Sheboygan (May be abbreviated)
- [S45] Social Security Death Index (Rootsweb.com), URL: http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/,.
- [S7] Google addresses, URL: http://www.google.com, Richard B Scroggins - (920) 682-4737 - 1617 S 12th St, Manitowoc, WI 54220.
- [S1595] Obituary: Donald D. Scroggins (Donald Dean Scroggins), Record-Eagle, Traverse City, MI, 2 Apr 2004TRAVERSE CITY - Donald D. Scroggins, 70, of Traverse City, passed away peacefully on Wednesday, March 31, 2004, at Munson Medical Center in Traverse City. He was born on Dec. 19, 1933, in Kemp, Texas, the son of the late Sterling and Hannah (Fredrickson) Scroggins of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
Donald grew up in Wisconsin and graduated from Sheboygan Falls High School. After graduation, he served his country as a Marine during the Korean Conflict.
In 1956, he moved to the Grand Traverse Region, where he began working for Super Tool in Elk Rapids. He enjoyed the outdoors and would frequently be found hunting, fishing, bowling and riding motorcycles.
In 1966, he married Gloria Cook of Muskegon. Together, they had three children who survive, Vicki (Greg) Scroggins-Johnson of Ann Arbor, Jeffrey (Angel) Scroggins of Williamsburg and Debra Scroggins of Grawn.
Later in life, Donald was a dedicated employee of Tower Automotive of Traverse City.
Donald was a devoted family man and community member. He enjoyed helping others and bringing cheer to those less fortunate. After the death of his wife, Gloria, in 1997, he began writing poetry to share his experiences and remind everyone of the value of each day. You could always find him with a poem or two, ready to share.
In addition to his children, Donald is also survived by six grandchildren; and two brothers, Richard Scroggins of Manitowoc, Wis., and Charles Scroggins of Sheboygan Falls, Wis.
He was preceded in death by his brother, William, in 1997; and his brother, Robert, in 2001.
Visitation will be held today, April 2, 2004, from 2 to 4 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m., at Covell Funeral Home in Elk Rapids. Funeral services will take place at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 3, 2004, also at the funeral home, with Pastor Tamara Williams officiating.
Contributions may be made to V.F.W. Post 170 in Traverse City or V.F.W. Post 114 in Elk Rapids. Envelopes are available at the funeral home.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the Elk Rapids Chapel of Covell Funeral Homes.