Memphis Adell Scroggins1
F, #1750, (1889 - 1925)
- Father*: Andrew Jackson Scroggins (1860 - 1950)
- Mother*: Georgie Ann Lucinda Megourick (1859 - 1910)
- Reference: [1750:3]
- Birth*: 8 Dec 1889, Union Springs, Bullock Co, AL.
- (Parents, daughter of Andrew Jackson Scroggins & Georgie Ann Lucinda Megourick).
- Marriage*: 25 Mar 1908, Oscar Nix.2,3
- Marriage: 25 Mar 1913, James Oscar Nix.2,3
- Death*: 27 Jul 1925.
- Death of mother: 23 Nov 1910, Georgie Ann Lucinda Megourick, Hickory, Slphr, OK.
- Birth of son: 30 Dec 1910, Marvin Lafayette Nix, Sherman, Grayson Co, TX.4
- Obituary (Mother): Of Marvin Lafayette Nix, 27 Nov 2003, Marvin Lafayette Nix, Peninsula Daily News, Port Angeles, Clallam Co, WA.4
- Name Variation: Memphis O'Dell Scroggins.
- Married Name: Memphis Adell Nix (Scroggins).
Children of Memphis Adell Scroggins & James Oscar Nix
- Last Edited: 14 Jun 2004
- [S2] LDS Church, "Ancestral File (TM)", Ancestral File,, Imp: Jan 17, 1999.
- [S1008] Unknown author, scr.FTW, Imp: Jan 17, 1999.
- [S1604] Obituary: Marvin L. Nix (Marvin Lafayette Nix), Peninsula Daily News, Part Angeles, WA, 27 Nov 2003Subject: Obit of Marvin Lafayette Nix
Author: Wanda Rabb
Date: 10 Feb 2004 2:40 AM GMT
Peninsula Daily News
November 27, 2003
Port Angeles WA
Marvin Lafayette Nix
Dec. 30, 1910 -- Nov. 26, 2003
Port Angeles resident Marvin L. Nix died of a stroke in Olympic Care and Rehabilitation Center, Sequim, at age 92.
He was born in Sherman, Texas, to James Oscar and Memphis O'Dell (Scroggins) Nix.
He was a 30-year veteran of military service, starting with the Army Air Corps in World War II and continuing until his retirement from the Air Force at the rank of chief warrant officer.
In addition to enjoying baseball, fishing and music, Mr. Nix was an artist who worked in oil, chalk and watercolors. He completed his last painting one week before his death.
He was a member of Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion and Fairview Bible Church.
On April 2, 1931, Mr. Nix married Barbara Emelia Moore in Covington, Ind. She died Aug. 25, 2001.
He is survived by daughter Marsha Welch of Port Angeles; daughter and son-in-law Barbara and Clifford Moulton of Lancaster, Calif.; brothers and sisters-in-law Robert and Shirley Nix of Boulder City, Nev., and David and Lois Nix of Riverside, Calif.; six grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren and three great-great-grandchildren.
Services: Saturday, Nov. 29 at 1 p.m., funeral with reception following at Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles. Pastor Jack Clapp will officiate.
Monday at 1 p.m., burial will be in Tahoma National Cemetery, Kent.
Drennan-Ford Funeral Home, Port Angeles, is in charge.
Memorials: Fairview Bible Church, 385 O'Brien Road, Port Angeles, WA 98362.
Sign online guest book at www.drennanford.com.