Harry Edwin 'Sonny' Pickens1
M, #17781, (1928 - 1985)
- Reference: [17781:8]
- Birth*: 11 Jan 1928, Barry Co, MO.3,2
- (Parents, son of Wesley Vernon Pickens & Georgia Frances Scroggins).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Lois (--?--).2
- Death*: 3 Aug 1985, Joplin, Jasper Co, MO.2
- Death of father: Jun 1936, Wesley Vernon Pickens, Joplin, Jasper Co, MO.4
- Obituary (Deceased Brother): Of Olive B. Carrico, 11 Jun 2008, Joplin Globe, Joplin, Jasper Co, MO, Add children.5
- Last Edited: 13 Jun 2008
- [S529] Scroggins, Howard Hugh, URL: http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/s/c/r/…,.
- [S50] http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Shores/6163/…
[3 Feb 2002] (and other pages at same url).
- [S498] Terry (Pickens) McLean, Database: "RW WC: p2base."
- [S1942] Joplin Globe
, Olive B. Carrico, 11 Jun 2008.
Olive B. Carrico
Olive B. Carrico, 85, passed away on June 9, 2008, in Joplin, after a lengthy illness. She was born on Nov. 27, 1922, in Joplin, and raised by her late stepfather and mother, Wesley Pickens and Frances Scroggins Pickens. Olive was a homemaker all of her life and loved spending time with her cats, gardening and doing yard work. She is survived by her daughters, Velma Stahl and husband, Larry and Linda West; son, Larry Malone, all of Joplin; sister, Wanda L. Harville, of Moulton, Ala.; brother, Elwood Kent Brewer, of Joplin; 25 grandchildren; 51 great-grandchildren; and 30 great-great-grandchildren, making 30 five generations. Olive was preceded in death by her sons, Chester Calvin Carrico II and Billy Gene Carrico; stepdaughter, Gayle Graves; brothers, Harry “Sonny” Pickens, James Pickens and Jerry Brewer; and sisters, Donna Pickens and Dorothy Brewer. Funeral services will be held on Saturday at 10 a.m. in the chapel at Thornhill-Dillon Mortuary with Rev. Frank Chew officiating with burial to follow in Osborne Cemetery in Joplin. A visitation will be held on Friday from 6 to 7 p.m. at the mortuary. In lieu of flowers, the family request memorial donations be made to the St. John’s Hospice in her memory.
Published in The Joplin Globe from 6/11/2008 - 6/12/2008.