M, #2025, (c 1756 - b 1790)
- Father*: George Scrogin (B4) (1692 - b 1771)
- Mother*: Elizabeth Warren2 (aft. 1700 - b 1750)
- Father: George Scrogin (B4) (1692 - b 1771)
- Mother: Charity Theobald? (c 1700 - aft. 1771)
- Reference: [2025:] (SP:C8)
- Birth*: Ca. 1756, MD?
- (Parents, son of George Scrogin (B4) & Elizabeth Warren).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Dorothy (--?--).3,4
- Death*: Bef. 1790, "The Federal census for Maryland in 1790 includes as heads of families in Charles County:
. . .
Dorothy Scrogin 5 W M 0-16 4 W F
Apparently Obediah Scrogin (C8) died before 1790. Perhaps Dorothy was his widow."
- Census* (Head): 1775-1778 Head of the household of Obediah Scrogin, East Hundred of Port Tobacco, Charles Co, MD.
- Military*: 1777, Military, Charles Co, MD,
"Obediah Scrogin (C8) was a private in Captain Walter Hanson’s Company, 12th Battalion, Charles County Militia in 1777. [Maryland Genealogical Bulletin and Revolutionary War Journal, Volumes 1-5, publication data missing.]"
- Name Variation: Obediah Scroggin.
- Relationship: Uncle of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 8 May 2016
- [S30] William G. Scroggins, George Scrogin (A1), URL: http://users.erols.com/scroggjm/scrogginsdata/wgs/, [p. 34].
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, .p. 3.
- [S30] William G. Scroggins, George Scrogin (A1), URL: http://users.erols.com/scroggjm/scrogginsdata/wgs/, Right click and use the Find command to search for (C8).