M, #2062, (c 1811 - 1859)
- Reference: [2062:M]
- Birth*: Ca. 1811.3
- (Parents, son of John Scroggin (D26) & Sarah (--?--)).2
- Marriage*: 4 Feb 1830, Mary Pierce, Golconda, Pope Co, IL. [J-B]4,5,6
- Death*: 1 Nov 1859, Cedar Grove, Kaufman Co, TX.5
- Census*: 1830 Census, Fayette Co, IL.7
- Census (Neighbor, 1): 1830 Census, Neighbor, 1 household from Ambrose Pierce, Fayette Co, IL.7
- Milit-Beg*: 22 Apr 1832, Military begin: Vandalia, Fayette Co, IL, 385738N0890537W,
Capt. DeMints Ill Cols. (Received BLW for land in Texas).
- Cen-Head*: Henry Scroggin is head of household on the census ,of 1850 Kaufman Co, TX, as . Age 40, Farmer, IL; Mary age 36, TN (12 Oct 1850). Enumerated with were Mary Pierce.
- Residence*: Ca. 1855, Residence.
- !same*: As Henry Scroggins, Probably same person.
Family: Henry Scroggin & Mary Pierce
- Relationship: Nephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 24 Aug 2004
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, p. 12.
- [S17] Lois Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Wars & Mr. Scroggins, p. 1-54 "Widow says he was 21 when he enlisted in Black Hawk War."
- [S11] Shirley Brodersen Ross (Shirley Louise Brodersen), Humphrey Scroggin, 12.
- [S17] Lois Loma Scroggins Patton (Lois Loma Scroggins), Wars & Mr. Scroggins, p. 1-54.
- [S209] Old letter to Mrs. Glen Frink, 5 Jan 1971.
- [S83] 1830 Federal Census, National Archives M19, Roll 25, Page 248
* Ancestry Images Online: M19_25\ILM19_25-0495.sid
Daniel Pierce, 1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,1
Ambrus Pierce, 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1
1 m, 60-70 [Probably Ambrose Pierce]
1 f, 60-70
1 m, 20-30 [Probably Henry Scroggin]
1 f, 15-20 [Probably Mary Pierce]
Wm B. Ledbetter, 1,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,1.