William Gilbert Scroggins (K39)1
M, #2456, (1921 - 2013)
- Reference: [2456:J] (SP:K39)
- Birth*: 13 Jul 1921, Louisville, Jefferson Co, KY, 119210713030000000000.
- (Parents, son of Garnett Franklin Scroggins (J53) & Mary Emaline Martin).
- Marriage*: 10 Nov 1944, Patricia Ann Jones, Louisville, Jefferson Co, KY.2
- Death*: 28 Mar 2013, St. Elizabeth Hospice, Edgewood, Kenton Co, KY.3
- Death of father: 4 Jun 1956, Garnett Franklin Scroggins (J53), Atlanta, Fulton Co, GA.
- Father of Groom: 18 Jun 1983, Michael Joseph Scroggins (L21) and Lydia Winn LeVert, Orange Beach, Baldwin Co, AL.
- Death of mother: 1 Aug 1992, Mary Emaline Martin, Lexington, Fayette Co, KY.
- Father of Groom: 15 Mar 1993, Michael Joseph Scroggins (L21) and Shayne Marie Hood, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co, CA.
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of Shirley Martin 'Shag' Scroggins (K41), 26 Sep 2007, Lexington Herald-Leader, Lexington, Fayette Co, KY.
- Residence* (Witness): 2325Lived with Arthur Evander Scroggins (H10).
- !same*: As.
Children of William Gilbert Scroggins (K39) & Patricia Ann Jones
- Relationship: 2nd cousin 6 times removed of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 24 Dec 2016
- Mailto:e-mail address.
- [S1008] Unknown author, scr.FTW.
- [S42] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Family News, Scroggins, William Gilbert (13 Jul 1921 - 26 Mar 2013) [2456:J]Kentucky Enquirer, William Gilbert Scroggins, 28 Mar 2013 [Legacy]
William Gilbert SCROGGINS
SCROGGINS, William Gilbert, 91, of Fort Mitchell, died Tuesday, March 26, at St. Elizabeth Hospice in Edgewood. He is survived by his daughter, Cynthia , of Fort Mitchell; son, Michael  (Shayne) , of Santa Clarita, Calif.; grandchildren Jennifer  (Michael Mudd) [tba], of Florence, and Harley  and Taylor , of Santa Clarita, Calif.; brothers Kenneth  and Frank  and sister Jeanne  (Robert)  Guffy. Mr. Scroggins was preceded in death by his wife of 64 years, Patricia (nee Staples) . Mr. Scroggins was a retired sales manager for American Airlines and was a member of the Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels. An avid genealogist, Mr. Scroggins' research was published in the book "Leaves of a Stunted Shrub" in 2009. Mr. Scroggins served in the United States Army Air Corps prior to joining American Airlines, where his career took him to Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco and Philadelphia before he retired to his home state of Kentucky. Born in Louisville, Mr. Scroggins graduated from Lexington Lafayette High School, where he is a member of the school's alumni Hall of Fame.
Published in the Kentucky Enquirer on March 28, 2013
Also author of "The Scroggins Papers" containing a lengthy autobiographical sketch from 2000 in volume one.