Junior L. 'Doc' Scroggins1
M, #27842, (1925 - 2004)
- Reference: [27842:P]
- Birth*: 28 Sep 1925, Ada, Pontotoc Co, OK.2,3,4
- (Parents, son of Robert Lee Scroggins & Irene Alma Bingham).
- Marriage*: 9 Oct 1948, Betty Gale, Ada, Pontotoc Co, OK.
- Death-LstR*: 3 Jun 2004, Ada, Pontotoc Co, OK, 74820.2
- Death: 3 Jun 2004, "at a local hospital".4
- Burial*: 7 Jun 2004, Francis Cedar Grove Cemetery (1966980), Francis, Pontotoc Co, OK , 34.88080,-96.57380.
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Junior L. Scroggins," SSN: 448-18-3877, issued: OK.2
- Death of father: 3 Nov 1958, Robert Lee Scroggins.5
- Death of mother: 12 Dec 1974, Irene Alma Bingham.6
- Residence*: Ca. 2002?, and Betty Gale, 402 E 8 St, Ada, Pontotoc Co, OK, 74820.
- Obituary*: Of Junior L. 'Doc' Scroggins, aft. 3 Jun 2004, Junior L. Scroggins, ObituaryRegistry.com.4
Children of Junior L. 'Doc' Scroggins & Betty Gale
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 5 Mar 2008
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S50] http://www.interment.net/data/us/ok/pontotoc/….
- [S1624] Obituary: Junior L. Scroggins (Michael Hill), ObituaryRegistry.com, aft. 3 Jun 2004Junior L. Scroggins
Residence Ada, OK
Approximate Date of Death 06/03/2004
"ADA - Services for Junior L. "Doc" Scroggins, 78, Ada, are 10 a.m. Monday at Trinity Baptist Church, Dr. Rusty Fuller and the Rev. David Gray will officiate. Burial will follow at Cedar Grove Cemetery. Visitation is 3 to 5 p.m. at Criswell Funeral Home. Mr. Scroggins died Thursday, June 3, 2004, at a local hospital. He was born Sept. 28, 1925, at Ada to Robert Lee and Irene Bingham Scroggins. He lived in the Ada area all of his life. He attended Cedar Grove Elementary School and Francis High School. He married Betty Gale Oct. 9, 1948, at Ada. Mr. Scroggins was a service repairman for OG&E, retiring in 1980 after 36 years of service. He was also a volunteer fireman with the Ada Fire Department, retiring after 20 years of service. He was affiliated with Trinity Baptist Church. He was also a member of the OG&E Pioneer Club. He was an avid fisherman, enjoyed camping and playing dominoes. He was a veteran of World War II serving in the U.S. Army. Survivors include his wife, Betty, of the home; two daughters, Janet Murray and husband Paul, Fort Worth, Texas, and Karen Helton, Pauls Valley; four grandchildren, Angi Rogers and husband Kelvin, Melissa Knight and husband Ethan, all of Fort Worth, Kim McCoy and husband Eric, and Zechariah Shippey, all of Pauls Valley; seven great-grandchildren; and numerous other family and friends. Bearers are Floyce Lanier, Del Tollett, James Briggs, Paul Williams, Chester Sneed III and Willie Dansby. Honorary bearers are Kenneth Roberts, Charley Floyd and Cletis Waters. Criswell Funeral Home, Ada"
Information for this notice provided by: Public Record.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi where XXXXXXXX is the number in the burial tag memo.
- [S2376] Judy Jones Arnold, Pontotoc Co OK - Cedar Grove Cemetery.