F, #28572, (c 1877 - )
- Reference: [28572:A]
- Birth*: Ca. 1877, IL.2
- (Parents, daughter of Thomas B. Scroggins & Barbary Emeline Evans).
- Marriage*: 1905, W. H. Mathis, New Bridge, Forsyth Co, GA.3,2
- Married Name: Roxy Mathis (Scroggins).
- Married Name: Roxy Massey (Scroggins).
Child of Roxy Scroggins
- Barnett Scroggins+ (Mar 1899 - )
- Last Edited: 23 May 2004
- [S821] Debbie Deaton, Database: "RW WC: :1090103."
- [S50] SURNAME SEARCHERS, WEBPAGES AND QUERIES OF FORSYTH COUNTY, GEORGIA, R thru U [24 May 2004]
https://sites.rootsweb.com/~gaforsyt/surnames/treeru.htmDate: 1/18/2004 1:18:45 PM Eastern Standard Time
e-mail address S Brasher
I am looking for any information on my grandmother Barnett Scroggins born in Forysth County in 1899. Any information would be appreciated.
The only information I have is that she was born in Forsyth County GA in March 1899. I believe she was the daughter of Roxy Scoggins (possible unmarried at the time of her birth).
Roxy (Roxie) Scroggins born 1877 was the daughter of Thomas and Emeline Scroggins from Chestatee GA. When Thomas Scroggins died round 1880-1885 his wife Barbary Emeline married William Henry Farmer. I found an article that Roxie married W. H. Mathis is 1905 in New Bridge.
I believe Barnett was raised by a John and Mary Chambers in New Bridge in Forsyth Co. GA. When John Chambers died Mary Quinn Chambers married George M Bennett.
Around 1918 Barnett Scroggins married my grandfather Walter A. Nix.