Julie Ann Scroggins1
F, #34780, (1883 - 1942)
- Reference: [34780:N] !Check conflicting burial info
- Birth*: 4 Mar 1883.3,4,5
- Birth: 1 Mar 1883.6
- Birth: 4 Mar 1883.7
- (Parents, daughter of Lee Scroggins & Elizabeth Barnes).2
- Marriage*: 1903, Benjamin Franklin Simmons.4,5
- Death*: 12 May 1942, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Co, OK.4,5
- Death: 12 May 1942.7
- Burial*: Sunny Lane Cemetery, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Co, OK.4
- Burial: Sunny Lane Cemetery, Del City, Oklahoma Co, OK.6
- Burial: Center Ridge Cemetery, Center Ridge, Conway Co, AR
- Death of mother: 25 Aug 1897, Elizabeth Barnes, Lick Mountain Twp, Center Ridge, Conway Co, AR.8,9
- Birth of son: 29 Aug 1908, William Clarence Simmons, Delaware Twp, Logan Co, AR.4,2
- Census1920*: Julie Ann Scroggins, Delaware Twp, Logan Co, AR.10
- Birth of daughter: 6 Feb 1923, Florence Ellen Simmons, Dardanelle, Yell Co, AR.11
- Obituary (Deceased Mother): Of Florence Ellen Simmons, 22 Dec 2000, Shawnee Online, Shawnee, Pottawatomie Co, OK, Florence Ellen Stoker
Florence Ellen Stoker, Carney, died Wednesday in Ripley, Okla. She was 77.
Mrs. Stoker was born Feb. 6, 1923, in Dardanelle, Ark., to Benjamin Franklin and Julia Ann (Scroggins) Simmons. She grew up in Oklahoma City and moved to Carney in the late 1950s.
On March 26, 1948, she married Thomas William Stoker in Oklahoma City.
She worked at the Oklahoma State office of personnel management and the Oklahoma State University residence halls and library.
Mrs. Stoker was an active member of the First Baptist Church in Carney and the Carney and Wellston chapters of the Order of the Eastern Star.
An artist, Mrs. Stoker was past member of the Stillwater Art Guild and the Stillwater Mineral and Gem Society. She also supported the Carney 4-H and Carney Round-Up Club.
Survivors include her husband, Thomas William Stoker, Carney; daughters and sons-in-law, Pat and Bobby Collins, Ripley; Barbara Beaty-Johnson and Danny Johnson, Moore; son, Herman Lee Price, Newalla; six grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, four brothers and two sisters.
Services will be 2 p.m. today at Carney Cemetery under the direction of Parks Brothers Funeral Service, Chandler, with the Rev. Joe Merrell officiating.11
- Married Name: Julie Ann Simmons (Scroggins).
Children of Julie Ann Scroggins & Benjamin Franklin Simmons
- Arizona Irene Simmons ( - bef. 20 Dec 2000)
- Mary Jane Simmons ( - bef. 20 Dec 2000)
- Charle B. Simmons 4 ( - bef. 20 Dec 2000)
- Jesse Frank Simmons ( - bef. 20 Dec 2000)
- Wesse Simmons 4 ( - bef. 20 Dec 2000)
- 'Son' Simmons 4
- Annie/Aimie Simmons 10
- William Clarence Simmons+ 2 (29 Aug 1908 - 14 Dec 1962)
- Florence Ellen Simmons (6 Feb 1923 - 20 Dec 2000)
- Last Edited: 20 Jul 2012
- [S63] Scroggins Forum message Message 830, Louise Hamilton <e-mail address>, "Simmons & Scroggins!", 9 Aug 2003
http://genforum.genealogy.com/scroggins/messages/830.html at http://www.genforum.com/scroggins/
- [S5] Birth and name information from census and other records:
1920: ca. 1883, age 36, AR, TN, AR.
- [S61] Unknown subject Forum message at genforum.genealogy.com, Oklahoma, Message 15758, Louise Hamilton <e-mail address>, Simmons, Scroggins, Barns; Oklahoma City, OK; HELP!", 21 Aug 2002; http://genforum.genealogy.com/ok/messages/15758.html
- [S63] Scroggins Forum message Posted By: Louise Hamiltonat http://www.genforum.com/scroggins/
Email: e-mail address
Subject: Re: Lee Scroggins & Elizabeth (Barnes) Smith
Post Date: February 11, 2005 at 15:39:05
Message URL: http://genforum.genealogy.com/scroggins/messages/906.html
Forum: Scroggins Family Genealogy Forum
Forum URL: http://genforum.genealogy.com/scroggins/
Lee Scroggins is said to be Full Choctaw Indian.
He married abt April/May 1882 to Elizabeth (Barnes) Smith Jan 10 1859--March 25 1897.
Dau was Julia Ann Scroggins March 4 1883--May 12 1942 married Benjamin Franklin Simmons Sept 17 1879--Dec 15 1940.
Elizabeth's first husband was Dr. B. A Smith. She is listed as devorced and living with her parents (Andrew & Rebecca Barnes) in the 1880 census of Conway co., AR.
- [S63] Scroggins Forum message Message 819, Louise Hamilton <e-mail address>, "Julia/Julie Ann Scroggin/Scroggins; PLEASE HELP!", 1 Mar 2003
http://genforum.genealogy.com/scroggins/messages/819.html at http://www.genforum.com/scroggins/
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi where XXXXXXXX is the number in the burial tag memo.
- [S51] Obituary Smith Forum, Message 48232, Louise Hamilton <e-mail address>, "Re: Elizabeth Barnes Smith Scrogginst", 8 Jan 2004
- [S61] Unknown subject Forum message at genforum.genealogy.com, Arkansas, Message 19807, Louise Hamilton <e-mail address>, "Here is my Ahnentafel tree.", 20 Sep 2002
- [S61] Unknown subject Forum message at genforum.genealogy.com, Simmons Family, Message 8925, Louise Hamilton <e-mail address>, "Benjamin Franklin Simmons in IL, AR & OK", 26 Feb 2003
- [S51] Obituary Florence Ellen Stoker