Elizabeth Ann Scroggins1
F, #34842, (1927 - 2003)
- Reference: [34842:] !Add Obit Data **
- Birth*: 20 May 1927, Corbin, Whitley Co, KY.
- (Parents, daughter of William James Scroggins & Mildred Hamel).2
- Marriage*: Jan 1948, Richard A. Doane, Jeffersonville, Clark Co, IN, See obits for children.3
- Death-LstR*: 3 Jul 2003, Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, CO, 80904.4
- Death: 3 Jul 2003.
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Elizabeth A Doane," SSN: 407-28-2874, issued: KY.4
- Obituary*: Of Elizabeth Ann Scroggins, 9 Jul 2003, The Gazetter, Colorado Springs, El Paso Co, CO, Gazette, The (Colorado Springs, CO)
July 9, 2003
Deceased Name: ELIZABETH A. DOANE
Elizabeth A. Doane, age 76, a Colorado Springs resident, passed away Thursday, July 3, 2003.
Elizabeth Ann Doane was born May 20, 1927, in Corbin, KY, to William James Scroggins and Mildred Hamel Scroggins. Her childhood was spent in Paducah, KY, and her teen years in Louisville, KY. There she met Richard A. Doane, a dental student at the University of Louisville Dental School. They married in 1948. Dr. (Col.) Doane preceded her in death in 1990.
Elizabeth was an Army Dental Wife for 26 years; a Docent at Rockledge Ranch; a volunteer at Care Castle; a member of the Retired Officers Association - Pikes Peak Chapter; the Auxiliary Past Vice President and President of the Retired Officers Association Singles Group; as well as member of the Old Colorado City Historical Society, and Rockledge Ranch Living History Association.
She is survived by her children, Karen C. Davenport, Richard Doane, Jr., Michael D. Doane, Bruce S. Doane and Rebecca E. Doane; her sister, Jayne Wheatley, and grandchildren, Brian, Michael, Amanda, Elizabeth, and Emma. Memorial services will be held at 2:00 p.m., on Friday, July 11, 2003, at Shrine of Remembrance "America the Beautiful" Chapel of Roses. Private interment will take place at Evergreen Cemetery.
Copyright, 2003, The Gazette (Colorado Springs, CO)
Record Number: 10079775.2
- Name Variation: Elizabeth Ann Doane (Scroggins).
Family: Elizabeth Ann Scroggins & Richard A. Doane
- Last Edited: 2 Jun 2004
- [S51] Obituary Elizabeth A. Doane, The Gazette, Colorado Springs, CO, 9 Jul 2003
- [S1611] Obituary: Richard A. Doane (Richard A. Doane), Gazette, Colorado Springs, CO, 28 Aug 1990Gazette, The (Colorado Springs, CO)
August 28, 1990
FOR THE RECORD
Deceased Name: RICHARD A. DOANE
RICHARD A. DOANE, 67, of Colorado Springs died Saturday at a local hospital. He had attained the rank of colonel in the Army before retiring in 1975.
A memorial service will be performed at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Prussman Chapel, 1850 Barkley, Fort Carson, with Chaplain Joseph Patton officiating. Private interment is planned.
Col. Doane was born May 14, 1923, in Petersburg, Neb., to Ivan George and Louise (Mueller) Doane. He served in the Army from 1948 to 1975. Col. Doane graduated from the University of Louisville Dental School in June 1949.
Col. Doane earned a Meritorious Unit Citation, three overseas bars, Bronze Star, National Defense Service Medal, Army Commendation Medal, World War II Victory Medal, European African Middle Eastern Campaign Medal, Korean Service Medal with three stars, United Nations Service Medal and Meritorious Service Medal.
He was married in January 1948 in Jeffersonville, Ind., to Elizabeth "Betty" Scruggins, who survives.
Col. Doane also is survived by three sons, Richard A. Jr. of Colorado Springs, Michael D. of Jacksonville, Fla., and Bruce S. of Galveston, Texas; two daughters, Karen D. Christopher of Miami and Rebecca E. Duke of Carbondale; two brothers, Ivan G. of Sun City West, Ariz., and Robert W. of Ventura, Calif.; a sister, Doris M. Kasson of Tampa, Fla.; and five grandchildren.
Memorial contributions may be made to the American Heart Association of Colorado, 601 N. Nevada Ave., Colorado Springs 80903.
Copyright, 1990, The Gazette (Colorado Springs, CO)
Record Number: 51532.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.