Roy D. Scroggins1
M, #35416, (1915 - 2001)
- Reference: [35416:B]
- Birth*: 4 Dec 1915.1,2
- (Parents, son of Ollie Coleman Scroggins & Elsie Clark).
- Marriage*: 3 Dec 1937, Letha M. McCourt, Perry Co, AR.3
- Death*: 22 Oct 2001.2
- Burial*: Wasco Memorial Park (1238237), Wasco, Kern Co, CA , 35.60347,-119.38453
- Military*: 26 Sep 1944, Military, Camp Joseph T. Robinson, Little Rock, Pulaski Co, AR,
- Father of Bride: Roy D. Scroggins, as the father of the bride, attended the wedding of Rachel Scroggins and Clarence Reynolds 15 Oct 1971 Kern Co, CA.
- Residence*: Bef. 20 Dec 2007, and Letha M. McCourt, 1133 1st St, Wasco, Kern Co, CA, 93280.4
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of Reatha Scroggins, 20 Dec 2007, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, Tupelo, Lee Co, MS,!Add children & grandchildren from obit; obit suggests that there are additional, unknown, deceased siblings.4
- Name Variation: Roy Scroggins.4
Children of Roy D. Scroggins & Letha M. McCourt
- Last Edited: 24 Oct 2014
- [S1944] Ancestry: U.S. Public Records Index,.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggins, Roy D. (4 Dec 1915 - 22 Oct 2001) [35416:B].
- [S70] Ancestry.com, General search results, URL: www.ancestry.com, :
Arkansas Marriage Index, 1933-1939Name: Roy Scroggins
Spouse: Letha M Mccoy
License Date: 3 Dec 1937
Certificate Number: 20832
Volume Number: 0002.
- [S2259] Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
, Reatha Blaylock, 20 Dec 2007.
Obituaries Dec. 20, 2007
12/20/2007 5:20:37 AM
IUKA ? Reatha Isabell Blaylock, 89, died Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2007, at Tishomingo Manor in Iuka. She was born March 2, 1918, in Springfield, Mo., to Ollie and Mary Clark Scroggins. She was a homemaker and a member of the First Baptist Church in Dennis.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today at Deaton Funeral Home Chapel in Belmont with Bro. Dewayne Wells officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery.
Survivors include three children, Larry E. Blaylock (Pansy) of Iuka, Leslie Blaylock (Yvonne) of Haleyville, Ala., and Lottie Burks (Earsten) of Red Bay, Ala.; one sister, Lela Brents of Benton, Ark.; four brothers, O.C. Scroggins and Henry Scroggins, both of Benton, Ark., Clyde Scroggins of Hope, Ark., and Roy Scroggins of California; seven grandchildren, Melissa Posey, Judy Burks, Shelia Bryant, Jenny Hawkins, Keith Blaylock, Rodney Blaylock and Jeremy Blaylock; 12 great-grandchildren; a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Arthur Blaylock; her parents; an infant daughter, Lola Blaylock; and six brothers and sisters.
Visitation will continue until service time today at the funeral home.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggins, Letha Mae McCourt (14 Dec 1920 - 24 Apr 2009) [39513:B].