Clyde Lyndon Scroggins1
M, #35716, (1921 - 2013)
- Reference: [35716:B] !Add more from obit
- Birth*: 12 Jul 1921, MO, 119210712030000000000.2,3,4
- Birth: 12 Jul 1921.5
- (Parents, son of Ollie Coleman Scroggins & Elsie Clark).
- Marr-Est. Date*: Bef. 1940?, Vadie Schimmel.6
- Death*: 8 Jan 2013.7
- Death: 8 Jan 2013.5
- Military*: 22 Feb 1945, Military, Camp Joseph T. Robinson, Little Rock, Pulaski Co, AR,
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Clyde Lyndon Scroggins," SSN.7
- !Address*: 12 Aug 2002, Residence: 100 S High St, Hope, Hempstead Co, AR, 71801.
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of George Wilbern Scroggins, 15 Aug 2002, Times-Record, Fort Smith, Sebastian Co, AR.
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of George Wilbern Scroggins, 21 Aug 2002, Crawford County Press Argus-Courier, Van Buren, Crawford Co, AR, 72956.8
- Death of wife: 24 Feb 2007, Vadie Schimmel, Hope, Hempstead Co, AR.9,6,10
- Obituary (Surviving Husband): Of Vadie Scroggins (Schimmel), 26 Feb 2007, Hope Star, Hope, Hempstead Co, AR.6
- Obituary (Surviving Brother): Of Reatha Scroggins, 20 Dec 2007, Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal, Tupelo, Lee Co, MS,!Add children & grandchildren from obit; obit suggests that there are additional, unknown, deceased siblings.11
- Related* (GrandFather): Of Glenda Gayle Scroggins, Grandfather.
Children of Clyde Lyndon Scroggins & Vadie Schimmel
- Last Edited: 3 Oct 2013
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), CLYDE L SCROGGINS 12-JUL-21 71801.
- [S51] Obituary Obituary: http://www.pressargus.com/ObitsArchive/08_14_02.html.
- [S70] Ancestry.com, General search results, URL: www.ancestry.com, :Name: Clyde L Scroggins
Birth Year: 1921
Race: White, citizen (White)
Nativity State or Country: Missouri
County or City: Yell
Enlistment Date: 22 Feb 1945
Enlistment State: Arkansas
Enlistment City: Camp Josepth T Robinson Little Rock
Branch: No branch assignment
Branch Code: No branch assignment
Grade Code: Private
Term of Enlistment: Enlistment for the duration of the War or other emergency, plus six months, subject to the discretion of the President or otherwise according to law
Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
Source: Civil Life
Education: Grammar school
Civil Occupation: Geographer
Marital Status: Married
- [S1] Imported from SSDI and obit indexes.
- [S2358] Hope Star
, Vadie Scroggins, 26 Feb 2007.
HOPE--Vadie Scroggins, 84, of Hope, died February 24, 2007, in Hope.
She was born July 1, 1922, in Casa, to C. T. and Larcy Millican Schimmel. She was a homemaker and was an avid gardner who grew vegetables and later sold them. She was a devoted mother and loved children, grandchildren, and great grandchildren dearly.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Survivors include her husband, Clyde Scroggins, of Hope; one son, Glen and wife Judy Scroggins; one daughter, Linda Kay Allen, all of Hope; grandchildren Glenda and husband Bob Newton, of Rosston, Kenny and wife Angie Scroggins, of Jonesboro, and great grandchildren Patrick Newton and Daniel Newton, both of Rosston, and Courtney Scroggins and Cassidy Scroggins, both of Blevins.
Services will be held Tuesday, February 27, at the Herndon Funeral Home Chapel at 2 p.m. with Ron Reimer officiating. Interment will follow at Memory Gardens Cemetery.
Visitation will be held Monday, February 26, from 6-8 p.m. at Herndon Funeral Home. Services are under the direction of Herndon Funeral Home, Inc., of Hope.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Clyde L Scroggins
Born: 12 Jul 1921
Died: 8 Jan 2013
State (Year) SSN issued: Arkansas (Before 1951).
- [S51] Obituary http://www.pressargus.com/ObitsArchive/08_14_02.html.
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Vadie Schimmel Scroggins
Birth: Jul. 1, 1922
Death: Feb. 24, 2007
Memory Gardens Cemetery
Record added: May 1 2007
By: Kenny Scroggins.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Schimmel, Vadie Janelle (Scroggins) (1 Jul 1922 - 24 Feb 2007) [46205:B].
- [S2259] Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal
, Reatha Blaylock, 20 Dec 2007.
Obituaries Dec. 20, 2007
12/20/2007 5:20:37 AM
IUKA ? Reatha Isabell Blaylock, 89, died Tuesday, Dec. 18, 2007, at Tishomingo Manor in Iuka. She was born March 2, 1918, in Springfield, Mo., to Ollie and Mary Clark Scroggins. She was a homemaker and a member of the First Baptist Church in Dennis.
Services will be at 11 a.m. today at Deaton Funeral Home Chapel in Belmont with Bro. Dewayne Wells officiating. Burial will be in Lindsey Cemetery.
Survivors include three children, Larry E. Blaylock (Pansy) of Iuka, Leslie Blaylock (Yvonne) of Haleyville, Ala., and Lottie Burks (Earsten) of Red Bay, Ala.; one sister, Lela Brents of Benton, Ark.; four brothers, O.C. Scroggins and Henry Scroggins, both of Benton, Ark., Clyde Scroggins of Hope, Ark., and Roy Scroggins of California; seven grandchildren, Melissa Posey, Judy Burks, Shelia Bryant, Jenny Hawkins, Keith Blaylock, Rodney Blaylock and Jeremy Blaylock; 12 great-grandchildren; a host of nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Arthur Blaylock; her parents; an infant daughter, Lola Blaylock; and six brothers and sisters.
Visitation will continue until service time today at the funeral home.