M, #36071, (1938 - 2002)
- Reference: [36071:C]
- Birth*: 6 Jun 1938.4,3
- (Parents, son of Oscar Lee Scroggins & Ellen Wingo).3
- Death-LstR*: 29 Aug 2002, Hydro, Caddo Co, OK, 73048.5
- Burial*: Greenwood Cemetery (98558), Weatherford, Custer Co, OK , 35.53560,-98.71920
- Death of father: 10 Apr 1953, Oscar Lee Scroggins.6,7
- SSN*: Bet. 1954 and 1955, Social Security "Ray L Scroggins," SSN: 440-38-2623, issued: OK.8
- Death of mother: 31 Jan 2002, Ellen Wingo, Home, Golden Valley, AZ.3
- Obituary (Surviving Son): Of Ellen Wingo, 7 Feb 2002, Ellen Blakely, Shawnee Online, Shawnee, OK.9
- Residence*: 7 Feb 2002, Hydro, Caddo Co, OK.3
- Last Edited: 31 Dec 2015
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Scroggins, Ray Leon (6 Jun 1938 - 29 Aug 2002) [36071:C].
- [S51] Obituary http://www.onlineshawnee.com/stories/020702/obi_28.shtml.
- [S43] United States government Records, Social Security Death Index (see CD).
- [S45] Social Security Death Index (Rootsweb.com), URL: http://ssdi.rootsweb.com/,.
- [S63] Scroggins Forum message 275 at http://www.genforum.com/scroggins/, Raymond Donald Scroggins <e-mail address>, "Re: Bill Braze Scroggins", 21 Sep 1999.
- [S1623] Brenda Sue Scroggins, "Re: Scroggins-Workman," e-mail message to John McLean Scroggins (J693), 12 Jun 2004.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S51] Obituary Eleln Blakely, Shawnee Online, Shawnee, OK, 7 Feb 2003
Ellen Blakley, 87, of Golden Valley, Ariz., died Thursday, Jan. 31, at her home.
She was born March 8, 1914, in Stonewall, Okla., the daughter of John and Rebecca (Sellers)
Blakley was a housewife.
She married John Riley Blakley on Oct. 15, 1949, in McAlester.
She was a member of the Northwest Missionary Baptist Church and had lived in Shawnee until moving to Arizona four years ago.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, a son, two brothers and four sisters.
Survivors include a daughter and son-in-law, Audrey Louise and Troy Belcher of Golden Valley; two sons and daughters-in-law, Billy and Dolores Scroggins of Amarillo, Texas, and Eugene and Pat Scroggins of Lumberton, Texas; a son, Ray Scroggins of Hydro, Okla.; a stepdaughter, Lorene Harmon; a stepson, Lonnie Blakley; a sister, Eula Mae Fite of Heavener; four brothers, Claude Washington Wingo of California, Jiggs Wingo of Oklahoma City, Leroy Wingo of Stuart, Okla., and Glenn Wingo of Tecumseh; 15 grandchildren; and a number of great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
A service will be 11 a.m. today at Gaskill-Owens Funeral Chapel, with the Rev. Ed Fox officiating. Burial will be in Fairview Cemetery.
Arrangements are being handled by Gaskill-Owens Funeral Chapel.