George Thomas Scroggins1
M, #36825, (1902 - 1986)
- Reference: [36825:M]
- Birth*: 20 Nov 1902.3
- (Parents, son of John Tom Scroggins & Julia Ella Galloway).2
- Marr-Est. Date*: Jettie Marie Railey.3,4
- Death-LstR*: May 1986, Alexander City, Tallapoosa Co, AL, 35010.3
- Death: 4 May 1986.5
- Burial*: Alexander City Cemetery (1118061), Alexander City, Tallapoosa Co, AL
- Census1920 (Son): In the household of John Tom Scroggins, Beat 6, Eagle Creek, Tallapoosa Co, AL. 2
- Birth of son: 28 Nov 1924, Morris Lee Scroggins, Alexander City, Tallapoosa Co, AL.6
- Birth of son: 7 Jan 1927, Hugh Wendell Scroggins, Tallapoosa Co, AL.7
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "George Scroggins," SSN: 420-44-2283, issued: AL.3
- Death of father: 24 Mar 1951, John Tom Scroggins, Tallapoosa Co, AL.8,9
- Death of mother: 9 Sep 1956, Julia Ella Galloway, Tallapoosa Co, AL.
- Death of wife: Sep 1973, Jettie Marie Railey, Alexander City, Tallapoosa Co, AL, 35010.4
- Name Variation: George Scroggins.
Children of George Thomas Scroggins & Jettie Marie Railey
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandnephew of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 20 Jul 2012
- [S92] 1920 Federal Census, National Archives M625, ED 168, Sheet 1A
* Ancestry Images Online: T625_43\ALT625_43-0763.sid
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S51] Obituary Hugh W. Scroggins, AmericanMemorials, ca. 17 May 2003
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi where XXXXXXXX is the number in the burial tag memo.
- [S1674] Alexander City Outlook
, Alexander City Outlook, 26 Dec 2011 & Radney Funeral HomeMr. Morris Lee Scroggins
Published 7:57pm Monday, December 26, 2011
Funeral service for Mr. Morris Lee Scroggins, 87, of Jacksons Gap, will be Wednesday, December 28, 2011 at 11:00 am at the Chapel of Radney Funeral Home. Rev. Tim Harris will officiate. Burial will follow in the Hillview Memorial Park with veteran’s honors provided by the Alexander City Veteran’s Honor Guard. The family will receive friends on Wednesday, December 28, 2011 from 9:30 am to 11:00 am at Radney Funeral Home.
Mr. Scroggins passed away on Sunday, December 25, 2011 at Chapman Healthcare Center. He was born on May 28, 1924 in Alexander City, Alabama to George Scroggins and Jettie Railey Scroggins. He was a U.S. Army Air Corp. Veteran of WWII and served in the Philippines in the 321st Bomb Squadron and flew a B-24 known as “Jolly Rogers”. Mr. Scroggins had a love for fishing and Alabama football and enjoyed Big Band music. He was also a self proclaimed “Handy Man” but enjoyed most traveling and spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He is survived by his wife of 65 years Maxine Ray Scroggins of Jackson’s Gap; son, Bobby Scroggins (Linda) of Jackson’s Gap; grandchildren, Mathew Scroggins (Christy) of Navarre, FL and Bryan Scroggins (Denise) of Chelsea; great-grandchildren, Rylan Scroggins, Alexie Scroggins, Ava Scroggins, and Kate Scroggins; nieces, Marie Walker, Kate Davis, and Myriam Brauckman; and nephew, Wendell Scroggins.
He was preceded in death by his parents; son, Tommy Scroggins; and brother, Hugh Scroggins.
The family will accept flowers or memorial contributions may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project, 4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300, Jacksonville, Florida 32256 or to one’s favorite charity.
Memorial messages may be sent to the family at www.radneyfuneralhome.com.
Radney Funeral Home is in charge of the arrangements.
- [S1674] Alexander City Outlook
, Hugh Wendell Scroggins, 20 May 2003
- [S70] Ancestry.com, General search results, URL: www.ancestry.com, :
Alabama Deaths, 1908-59
http://www.ancestry.com/search/srrd.asp?rd=db&dbid=5188Name: John T Scroggins
Death Date: 24 Mar 1951
Death County: Tallapoosa
- [S1318] Steven Jack Scroggins, Descendants of James Scroggins.