F, #3872, (1906 - 1997)
- Reference: [3872:K] [HS:I727] !FaG:157377513
- Birth*: 16 Jan 1906, Saline Co, IL.2,3,4,5
- (Parents, daughter of Pleasant S. Scroggin & Mary Ann Atkinson).
- Marriage*: 6 Jun 1927, Hobart Lampley, Makanda, Jackson Co, IL, (HS:I727).6,3,7,5
- Marriage: 102, Robert Isham Burton.8,3,9,10
- Death-LstR*: 22 Sep 1997, Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL, 62901.11
- Death of father: 18 Feb 1917, Pleasant S. Scroggin, Road Dist No &, Union Co, IL, SCROGGIN PLEAS
M/ W UNK
UNION ROAD DIST NO 7
- Birth of daughter: 12 Sep 1928, Norma Lou Lampley, Makanda, Jackson Co, IL.12
- Death of mother: 7 Nov 1938, Mary Ann Atkinson, Union, IL.
- SSN*: Social Security "Mae Scroggin," SSN.11
- Obituary (Deceased Mother): Of Norma Lou Lampley, 20 Nov 2013, Southern Illinoisan, Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL.13
- Married Name: Mae Lampley (Scroggin).
- Married Name: Mae Burton (Scroggin).
- Name-HS: I727.
Child of Mae Scroggin & Hobart Lampley
- Norma Lou Lampley+ (12 Sep 1928 - 17 Nov 2013)
- Relationship: 2nd great-grandniece of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 24 Jan 2016
- [S1008] Unknown author, scr.FTW, Imp: Jan 17, 1999.
- [S1010] Unknown author, merged.FTW, Imp: Jan 17, 1999.
- [S1014] Unknown author, Old.ftw, Imp: Jan 17, 1999.
- [S1268] Unknown author, G506.ged, Imp: 27 Oct 1998.
- [S1008] Unknown author, scr.FTW, Imp: 26 Oct 1998.
- [S1014] Unknown author, Old.ftw, Imp: 26 Oct 1998.
- [S1008] Unknown author, scr.FTW, Imp: 27 Oct 1998.
- [S1014] Unknown author, Old.ftw, Imp: 27 Oct 1998.
- [S1270] Unknown author, G1071.ged, Imp: 27 Oct 1998.
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm, Name: Mae S. Lampley
Last Residence: 62901 Carbondale, Jackson, Illinois, USA
Born: 16 Jan 1906
Died: 22 Sep 1997
State (Year) SSN issued: Illinois (Before 1951).
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Lampley, Norma Lou (Johnson) (12 Sep 1928 - 17 Nov 2013) [3875:K].
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Lampley, Norma Lou (Johnson) (12 Sep 1928 - 17 Nov 2013) [3875:K]Norma L. Johnson
Sept. 12, 1928 - Nov. 17, 2013
Carterville – Norma L. Johnson, 85, of Carterville, formerly of Carbondale, passed away at 9:35 a.m., Sunday, November 17, 2013 at Parkway Manor, Marion.
Norma was born on September 12, 1928 in Makanda to Hobert [3871:K] and Mae (Scroggins) [3872:K, HS:I727] Lampley. They preceded her in death.
She married Lee Edward Johnson [52511:K, FaG:120502815] on September 30, 1951 in Carbondale. He preceded her in death on May 30, 2008.
Norma is survived by her daughter, Leann Johnson [52512:K] of Carterville; and her son, Don Johnson [52513:K] of Carterville.
She started as a telephone operator for IC Railroad and retired as a clerk after 40 years of service. She attended the Walnut Street Baptist Church in Carbondale.
In 1994 she and her husband moved to Carterville. She was a 24 year member of the Daniel H Brush Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
She enjoyed cooking and taking care of her family.
A funeral service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday at Meredith Funeral Home, Carbondale, with Rev. John Annable officiating. Interment will be at Oakland Cemetery, Carbondale. Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service on Thursday at the funeral home.
Memorial donations may be made to the Scholarship Fund of the Daughters of the American Revolution, or Hospice of Southern Illinois, and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave an online condolence, visit www.meredithfh.com.
Published in The Southern Illinoisan on Nov. 20, 2013.