Jane D. Ware1
F, #38745, (1920 - 1993)
- Reference: [38745:0]
- Birth*: 16 Feb 1920.2,3
- Marriage*: 13 Aug 1939, Winston Joel 'Bill' Scrogin, Jackson Co, MO.4,5
- Death-LstR*: 1 Nov 1993, Independence, Jackson Co, MO, 64055.2,3
- Birth of son: 31 Jul 1944, Rev. Charles Michael Scrogin, Independence, Jackson Co, MO.6,2,7
- SSN*: Bef. 1951, Social Security "Jane D Scrogin," SSN: 491-01-9817, issued: MO.
- Mother of Groom: 19 Aug 1967, Rev. Charles Michael Scrogin and Sue Ellen Williams, Dexter, Stoddard Co, MO.8
- Residence*: Bef. 1993, and Winston Joel 'Bill' Scrogin, 14913 E 46th St S, Independence, Jackson Co, MO, 64055.9
- Obituary*: Of Jane D. Scrogin (Ware), 2 Nov 1993, Kansas City Star, Kansas City, Jackson Co, MO, Data not yet entered.10
- Obituary (Mother): Of Rev. Charles Michael Scrogin, 26 Jul 1995, Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Worcester, Worcester Co, MA.7
- Obituary (Deceased Wife): Of Winston Joel 'Bill' Scrogin, 9 Nov 2002, Kansas City Star, Kansas City, Jackson Co, MO.4
- Married Name: Jane D. Scrogin (Ware).
Children of Jane D. Ware & Winston Joel 'Bill' Scrogin
- Last Edited: 8 Jan 2015
- [S44] Social Security Death Index (Ancestry.com), URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/rectype/vital/ssdi/main.htm,.
- [S51] Obituary Winston J. Scrogin, AmericanMemorials, Kansac City Star, 9 Nov 2002
- [S1529] Obituary: Winston J. Scrogin (Winston Joel 'Bill' Scrogin), Kansas City Star, Kansas City, MO, 9 Nov 2002, B4Winston J. Scrogin
Residence Independence, MO
Approximate Date of Death 11/06/2002
Winston Joel "Bill" Scrogin, 84, of Independence, MO, died Wednesday, November 6, 2002, at the Forum of Overland Park, KS. A private memorial service will be held at a later date. Cremation. In lieu of flowers, the family suggests contributions to the St. Luke's-Shawnee Mission Hospice, 3100 Broadway, Suite 300, Kansas City, MO 64111. Bill was born in Kansas City, MO, October 29, 1918, and lived most of his life in this area. He was the vice president of United Films Inc. for over 30 years, and retired from Calvin Productions in 1983. He was an Army veteran of WWII. Bill was a volunteer at the Block Cancer Hotline. He was a member of the Community Christian Church and a former Deacon at the First Baptist and Maywood Baptist churches in Independence, MO. Bill was preceded in death by his wife, Jane Ware Scrogin, in 1993, and his son, the Reverend Charles Michael Scrogin. Survivors include his children, Beth Scrogin Kapke and George Edward Kapke of Independence, MO, Mary Scrogin Farmer of Bedford, TX, and Sue Ellen Williams Scrogin of Worcester, MA; four grandchildren, Rachel Ware Kapke Dold, Sarah Elizabeth Scrogin Pravda, Joel Williams Scrogin and George Edward Kapke Jr. (Arrangements: Speaks Suburban Chapel)
Information for this notice provided by: Public Record.
- [S2393] Ancestry.com, Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002, URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1171&enc=1, Name: Winston J Scrogin
Marriage Date: 13 Aug 1939
Marriage Location: Jackson, Kansas City, Missouri
Marriage County: Jackson
Spouse Name: Jane D Ware
Name: Winston J Scrogin
Birth Date: abt 1912
Marriage Date: 5 Aug 1939
Marriage Location: Jackson, Missouri
Marriage County: Jackson
Spouse Name: Jane D Ware
Spouse Age: 19
Spouse Birth Date: abt 1920.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), CHARLES M SCROGIN 31-JUL-44 8 RUTLAND CIR Worcester MA 01609
JOEL W SCROGIN 02-MAY-76 8 RUTLAND CIR Worcester MA 01609
SUE E SCROGIN 25-SEP-44 8 RUTLAND CIR Worcester MA 01609.
- [S1530] Obituary: Rev. C. Michael Scrogin (Rev. Charles Michael Scrogin), Worcester Telegram & Gazette, Worcester, MA, 26 Jul 1995, B5Worcester Telegram & Gazette (MA)
July 26, 1995
Edition: RT. 9 WEST; SOUTH COUNTY;
BLACKSTONE VALLEY; RT. 9 EAST;
Deceased Name: REV. C. MICHAEL SCROGIN
WORCESTER - The Rev. C. Michael Scrogin, 50, of 8 Rutland Circle, died of cancer yesterday in University of Massachusetts Hospital.
Scrogin was pastor at First Baptist Church for 14 years.
He leaves his wife of 27 years, Sue Ellen (Williams) Scrogin; a son, Joel W. Scrogin; a daughter, Sarah E. Scrogin, all of Worcester; his father, W.J. Scrogin of Independence, Mo.; two sisters, his twin, Beth Kapke of Independence, Mo., and Mary Scrogin Farmer of Dallas, Texas. He was born in Independence, son of Jane (Ware) Scrogin, and lived there for the early part of his life. He graduated from Van Horn High School in Independence in 1962, William Jewell College in Liberty, Mo. in 1966, and earned a master of divinity degree at Colgate-Rochester Divinity School in 1970 in Rochester, N.Y. He also studied Near Eastern Languages at Harvard University.
Scrogin was a member of the boards of trustees of the Andover-Newton Theological School and the YMCA of Greater Worcester where he served as chair of the Annual Youth Support Campaign. He was also active in the Briarwood Community Group.
He wrote several articles and three books including "When God Intrudes," "Does the Gospel Make Sense Today?" and "A Practical Guide to Christian Living."
A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Friday in First Baptist Church, 111 Park Ave. A reception will be held for friends and family in the church following the services. In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to the First Baptist Church, 111 Park Ave., Worcester, 01609, or to the Worcester Youth Center, care of Cathy Recht, Memorial Hospital, 119 Belmont St., Worcester, 01605. Caswell-King Funeral Home, 474 Grove St., is directing arrangements.
Copyright (c) 1995 Worcester Telegram & Gazette Corp.
Record Number: 9507262465.
- [S2393] Ancestry.com, Missouri Marriage Records, 1805-2002, URL: http://www.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1171&enc=1, Name: Charles Michael Scrogin
Birth Date: abt 1944
Marriage Date: 19 Aug 1967
Marriage Location: Dexter, Stoddard, Missouri
Marriage County: Stoddard
Spouse Name: Sue Ellen Williams
Spouse Age: 22
Spouse Birth Date: abt 1945.
- [S6] AnyBirthday, before 2005 (No longer online), JANE - SCROGIN 16-FEB-20 14913 E 46TH ST S Independence MO 64055
WINSTON J SCROGIN 29-OCT-18 14913 E 46TH ST Independence MO 64055.
- [S1718] Kansas City Star
, Jane D. Scrogin, 3 Nov 1993.
Kansas City Star, The (MO) - November 2, 1993
Deceased Name: JANE D. SCROGIN
Jane D. Scrogin, 73, Independence, died Nov. 1, at the home. Memorial services will be at 1 p.m. Thursday at the First Baptist Church of Independence; cremation. The family requests no flowers and suggests contributions to the church. Mrs. Scrogin was born in Ludlow, Mo., and lived in Independence most of her life. She worked for the Kansas City School District for 25 years, retiring as an administrative assistant in 1985. She was a member of the Independence Junior Service League. She was a member of the church.
Survivors include her husband, Winston J. Scrogin of the home; a son, the Rev. Michael Scrogin, Worcester, Mass.; two daughters, Beth Kapke, Independence, and Mary Scrogin Farmer, Dallas; a sister, Peggy Schwenk, Atlanta; and four grandchildren.
Kansas City Star, The (MO)
Date: November 2, 1993
Record Number: 195950
Copyright (c) 1993 The Kansas City Star