Norma Lou Lampley1
F, #3875, (1928 - 2013)
- Reference: [3875:K]
- Birth*: 12 Sep 1928, Makanda, Jackson Co, IL.2
- (Parents, daughter of Hobart Lampley & Mae Scroggin).
- Marriage*: 30 Sep 1951, Lee Edward Johnson, Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL.2
- Death*: 17 Nov 2013, Parkway Manor, Marion, Ogle Co, IL, 9:35 am.2
- Burial*: 21 Nov 2013, Oakland Cemetery (107271), Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL , 37.73890, -89.22920
- Death of father: 20 Jan 1974, Hobart Lampley, Cambria, Williamson Co, IL.
- Obituary*: Of Norma Lou Lampley, 20 Nov 2013, Southern Illinoisan, Carbondale, Jackson Co, IL.4
- Married Name: Norma Lou Johnson (Lampley).2
Children of Norma Lou Lampley & Lee Edward Johnson
- Relationship: 3rd great-grandniece of Barton Scroggins (D23)
- Last Edited: 20 Nov 2013
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Lampley, Norma Lou (Johnson) (12 Sep 1928 - 17 Nov 2013) [3875:K].
- [S2262] Find A Grave, URL: http://www.findagrave.com, Norma J Lampley Johnson, 18 Nov 2013Lampley Johnson
Birth: Sep. 12, 1928
Death: Nov. 17, 2013
* * *
Lee Edward Johnson (1924 - 2008)
Created by: AZLITE
Record added: Nov 18, 2013
Find A Grave Memorial# 120502618.
- [S41] John M. Scroggins, Scroggin(s) Obituaries & News, Lampley, Norma Lou (Johnson) (12 Sep 1928 - 17 Nov 2013) [3875:K]Norma L. Johnson
Sept. 12, 1928 - Nov. 17, 2013
Carterville – Norma L. Johnson, 85, of Carterville, formerly of Carbondale, passed away at 9:35 a.m., Sunday, November 17, 2013 at Parkway Manor, Marion.
Norma was born on September 12, 1928 in Makanda to Hobert [3871:K] and Mae (Scroggins) [3872:K, HS:I727] Lampley. They preceded her in death.
She married Lee Edward Johnson [52511:K, FaG:120502815] on September 30, 1951 in Carbondale. He preceded her in death on May 30, 2008.
Norma is survived by her daughter, Leann Johnson [52512:K] of Carterville; and her son, Don Johnson [52513:K] of Carterville.
She started as a telephone operator for IC Railroad and retired as a clerk after 40 years of service. She attended the Walnut Street Baptist Church in Carbondale.
In 1994 she and her husband moved to Carterville. She was a 24 year member of the Daniel H Brush Chapter of the National Society of the Daughters of the American Revolution.
She enjoyed cooking and taking care of her family.
A funeral service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Thursday at Meredith Funeral Home, Carbondale, with Rev. John Annable officiating. Interment will be at Oakland Cemetery, Carbondale. Visitation will be from 10:00 a.m. until the time of service on Thursday at the funeral home.
Memorial donations may be made to the Scholarship Fund of the Daughters of the American Revolution, or Hospice of Southern Illinois, and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave an online condolence, visit www.meredithfh.com.
Published in The Southern Illinoisan on Nov. 20, 2013.